Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
202 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Did the study abroad accelerated process. Had half an hour interview in the morning - fairly behavioral. Didn't proceed to the afternoon round.

Interview Question – Ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Intern recruit from jobs fair

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral and project based questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through campus recruitment. I was called for an interview on 18th of this month. They basically ask about you, so what ever you are be confident and explain them. I am not from finance background (from Computer engg.) so they asked question about how would you fit in etc. Be very sure about your resume, this is the your only paper document which they have it, hence ask many things from it. From my end it was good, but didnt get a reply from them.

Interview Question – Why   View Answers (6)

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – got the interview through campus recruiting. Had 4 back to back interview. All technical math and probability questions. No behavioral question.

Interview Question – So many teasers   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Had total of 9 interviews. Some were technical questions, some were behavioral questions. Cannot stress this enough: know you're resume well.

Interview Question – Have an array. Each element in the array is an integer. How to get the total number of duplicates in the array?
Ex: with array of 10 elements: [2,3,4,5,6,7,7,7,8,8]
In this example there are 3 duplicates
  Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews for Private Wealth Management. First, a 30-minute phone interview. This was easy and mostly behavioral, with some market based questions. Next was a superday in the office. It consisted of six 30-minute interviews and a lunch, roles of interviewers varied.

Technical questions were market and investing based.

Interview Question – Where do Goldman's researchers expect the stock market to go this year?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Received a on-campus interview last week. It lasted for less than 30 minutes. And rejected by a thank-you email yesterday. All questions are behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What kind of person would you like to be?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – Applied through school in June and was called to come for super day Friday.interviewed with 1 group 3 people was 1:1.

Interview Question – Write a function that accepts two arrays and returns one array with the elements in a but not in b?   View Answers (2)

Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2012.

Interview Details – Found the interview via college career fair. The interview process took two weeks. The day of the interview they said that their next step is inviting selected candidates to "super day" where they have a 2 hour interview. The interview was 2:1, with both interviewers coming from a technical background having worked many years at Goldman.

Interview Question – Mostly expected questions: Describe a time when you had to lead. Tell me about yourself. Tell me more about your leadership roles. Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Interview Details – There was only one hour 1:1 interview asked by two interviewers. All the questions asked were specific to my resume. The questions asked were pretty logical with certain technical implementations. Heavy focus is given on those who possess a great balance of the technical and business skills.

Negotiation Details – Summer Analysts are offered a fixed salary, so no negotiations.