Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Entered through the Diversity recruiting process which occurs before any on-campus interviews. They invited those who had attended their camps before, and from then began a set of super days. Both were at the GS head quarters, and were 3 thirty minute interviews that were either one on one, or two on one.

Interview Questions

• If you were to price a bond in an emerging market, what would be the process by which you would do so, and what risks would you consider?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I easily had 7+ interviews. My original interview was on-campus at the university I attend. A lot of it was pretty unorganized. When I received callback interviews, I was informed of the interview less than a week in advance (which was difficult since most of my interviews were in NYC and I was 4+ hours away from NYC and still had class). All of my expenses were paid, however. Which was pretty cool.

Interview Questions

I had decent qualifications to be employed in the tech industry. The tech industry pays better, has way better fringe benefits (i.e. flexible hours, way less hours, no pressure to work on the weekends) and it seemed to be easy to make the transition from tech to finance if I later decided I wanted that.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Had an on campus interview with 2 interviewers. Contacted me two days later saying I was moving on to the next round of interviews, but once I was contacted again 3+ weeks later they said they had already hired their summer analysts (finance) for the year.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial- 2 first round interviews on campus. Superday- First Round- 2on1...Final Round- 3 2on1's

Interview Questions

• How would you value a start-up company with no revenues yet.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Was on campus interview. Not too tough. Mostly fit but a few "check the box" technicals to make sure I at least knew my stuff a little.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Operations Analyst position. Questions were all behavioral and it really depends on your interviewer. Two back to back interviews on campus. I am an engineer so I was actually asked to debate about the shale boom with one of my interviewers.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview and did not pass the statistic test.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting. Received interview invitation within a few days. Interview was a week later. Interview was 100% fit questions (why banking? why goldman?). Some questioning on how I deal with difficulties and a time I didn't perform well on a deliverable and a time I had to mentor someone through a difficulty.
    Five days later was notified they would not be proceeding with my application.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

applied through university website, was on campus interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interviewing process was straightforward. I applied online, invited to the Superday. 2 round interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager leaks a classified information?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns