Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details – Get first telephone interview after submitting the resume online.
They have mutiple choices on departments but this the only one come back.
We scheduled an appointment and then the guy called in on time and straight into the topic.
There are all about five questions,basically behavioral questions but i screwed up..

Interview Question – All those are basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university and took 3 weeks. interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Question – First round is a VP, Thomas who is in charge of electric trading, asked mostly behavioral. After morning interview, I was being told to wait for sec round at 1:30pm. Around 3 pm, I had my sec interview with a GS partner and he asked a lot technical questions such as interest rate, EU, debt ceiling, market outlook. And at last, he asked me about stock pitch. It's crucial to remember basic and live stocks indices.
It took entire day to interview all intern candidates. And always prepared to answer " why chose sales and trading department other than Operations department?" " how long do you think we work each day?" " can you manage 100+ hours per week?"......
  Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Interview Details – applied through university career website. They held a social event with the professionals on campus before the deadline. Attending that event helps to get the interview.
They came to conduct campus-wide interview. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How do you manage risks?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – First I had an interview at a conference, and then we had a super day at New York. Overall, people were helpful and friendly. The most difficult part was the super day, in which I interviewed with 9 different people. I learned a lot about the company and the divisions during the interview.

Interview Question – They asked some questions about your past experience as well as some technical questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was long. An on campus or phone interview. followed by a 1 on 1 interview. Then super day so 6 interviews in 1 hour, some were 2-1. No truly difficult questions. Didnt get the offer but going back for full time super day.

Interview Question – Compute the dividend on a 1000 inverstment at 2%   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Summer Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.