Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Summer Intern Interview Questions

4.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Applied through university and took 3 weeks. interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Questions
  • First round is a VP, Thomas who is in charge of electric trading, asked mostly behavioral. After morning interview, I was being told to wait for sec round at 1:30pm. Around 3 pm, I had my sec interview with a GS partner and he asked a lot technical questions such as interest rate, EU, debt ceiling, market outlook. And at last, he asked me about stock pitch. It's crucial to remember basic and live stocks indices.
    It took entire day to interview all intern candidates. And always prepared to answer " why chose sales and trading department other than Operations department?" " how long do you think we work each day?" " can you manage 100+ hours per week?"......
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Get first telephone interview after submitting the resume online.
    They have mutiple choices on departments but this the only one come back.
    We scheduled an appointment and then the guy called in on time and straight into the topic.
    There are all about five questions,basically behavioral questions but i screwed up..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

applied through university career website. They held a social event with the professionals on campus before the deadline. Attending that event helps to get the interview.
    They came to conduct campus-wide interview. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First I had an interview at a conference, and then we had a super day at New York. Overall, people were helpful and friendly. The most difficult part was the super day, in which I interviewed with 9 different people. I learned a lot about the company and the divisions during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some questions about your past experience as well as some technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2011.

The interview process was long. An on campus or phone interview. followed by a 1 on 1 interview. Then super day so 6 interviews in 1 hour, some were 2-1. No truly difficult questions. Didnt get the offer but going back for full time super day.

Interview Questions
    • Compute the dividend on a 1000 inverstment at 2%   View Answer