Goldman Sachs Summer Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2014
Updated Apr 3, 2014

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

In the Summer I participated in a GS webinar to learn more about their industry and then submitted my resume after that webinar was completed. A selected number of candidates who were declined previous invitations to be interviewed were given an informational interview and then told to wait until summer internship recruiting begins. I also applied through my school, so I am not sure which one helped me more.

The interview was in their Salt Lake City location and consisted of behavioral questions. Two back to back 30 minute interviews with either one or two people. Every body was very nice and wanted to get to know you better.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Two back to back 30 minute interview. If you come early, you wait in their beautiful lounge area where you can overlook the entire Salt Lake City. You can also get coffee, water, or tea if your thirsty. The employers come to get you and you are put into another room. During the interview, which could be one or two people, they ask mainly behavioral questions. They were all very nice, very smart and just wanted to get to know you better.

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

I applied in February and got an interview in like two weeks. The interview was a final one, and it took place on campus. The process went well and questions were quite typical. Be prepared for a question about ethic. Also, go to the pre-interview event and try to make an impression.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were quite unexpected. Prepare for a questions about ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

One round interview that consists of two 30-minute back to back interviews, with a total of 4 employers

Interview Questions
    • Range client service, productivity and profit regarding to importance of the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I was initially contacted to schedule an interview a couple weeks after the deadline for the internship, I was given a couple time slots to choose from on a given day and was told there would be two 45 minute rounds. The first round was purely "fit" questions, and the second round was "behavioral," both pretty straightforward and interactive. A couple weeks later they notified me with the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Since I am studying Industrial Engineering, a question that seemed difficult to me was to describe exactly why I wanted to work specifically for Goldman.   Answer Question

Got another offer in my hometown.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The Operations team had individual "informational" interviews on my university campus, and that same day had a networking session for potential applicants. After several weeks I received an interview, and prior to the interview, there was a networking session for interviewees only. The interview process involved two back-to-back interviews with two Goldman Operations employees. It took about two weeks to get the result of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss why you want to work for Goldman Sachs and the Operations division. The rest are mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Went to an on-campus information session in November, networked and received some emails there. Emailed them to follow up, submitted my application online in late December. I received an interview for early February.

The night before the interview, there was a networking session with all the Goldman employees and all the potential candidates. THIS PART IS IMPORTANT. If this is offered to you, you must go! It let's you size up the competition and also gives you a leg up with the interviewer. I had met two of my interviewers at this networking session and made the interview much less stressful.

Interview was two half-hour sessions, two interviewers apiece. All behavioral questions, they were very inviting and easy to talk to. No need to be nervous.

Heard back a week later. First a call, then an offer in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all straightforward behavioral ones. Strengths, weaknesses, when you worked in a team. One question to look out for is the following: what is an ethical dilemma you have faced in the past and how did you navigate it?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

I applied via my campus recruiting center and had two thirty minute interviews(two people in each room) a week later. Even as a finance major, the questions were all behavioral and relatively easy. I controlled the interview in terms of where it went and stayed focused on Goldman's corporate citizenship and my background. It was a great experience - the GS team was by far the most professional bank I interacted with.

I sent them an email thank you afterwards and didn't hear anything back, but a week and a half later I received a call with an offer for New York. I only had 2 30 minutes interviews with no superdays/trip to NY, but that may have been because I had met my interviewers a few months ago at a career event.

My biggest tip: Know about the culture (GS has a ton of information on their website) and specifically about how important the client is.

Interview Questions
    • Last question: Is there anything not on your resume that makes you a good fit for Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had two 2-1 interviews on campus. Overall a fun and exhilarating process. Interviewers look for passion and candidates with a strong understanding of why they want to be at the firm and why the operations division is a good fit for them.

Interview Questions
    • Why finance? What do you think our daily challenges are?   Answer Question
    NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2012.

On campus recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in charge of the MTA, what are 3 things you would fix?   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!