Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through my university's career website for a diversity symposium. They contacted me and flew me to their office for the event as well as interviews. The interviews were all behavioral, with a lot of questions about how I have worked on/in teams.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to stand alone and support your idea against other team members   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

2 interviews back to back. Both were 30 minutes and had 2 VPs. They were really easy-going. No technical questions. Be prepared, they will ask you typical behaviour questions, like ethical dilemma etc. They really wanted you to be enthusiastic. They wanted to know if you could be a good fit of the company. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • What role do you play in a team? What is your ideal working environment?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Applied online through campus website. Received email about two weeks later to interview in the Jersey City office. It was two back to back 30 minute interviews, each one was two on one. Behavioral questions primarily, as well as tell me about yourself, talking about your resume, the usual. Nothing really unexpected, be ready for the usual questions.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Basic behavioral interview questions. I did not receive any curveballs or anything out of the ordinary. Do your research on the company - explain why you want to work for them. Show you are a good leader, speaker, ethical, well-rounded, and intelligent and you should be fine.

I applied through on-campus recruiting. Two 30 minute, back-to-back interviews with two workers, seniority differed among them all. Received offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had an opinion that differed from the rest of the group.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had two back-to-back interviews on campus. interviews are all behavioral, specifically a lot of situational behavioral questions such as a time you failed; a time you had a conflict etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

I applied both through my campus career services website along with Goldman's website. Received a phone call about 2 weeks later, asking me to schedule a on-campus interview. I had two 2-1 interviews (back to back) with associates and Vice Presidents of all different teams within Operations. PWM, Asset Management, Clearing, etc. Interview was not too difficult, as long as you know your resume and know why you want to be a part of Goldman Sachs. Do your homework on GS and be knowledgable about the current markets and you're in.

Interview Questions
    • Rate in a list of importance; Risk Management, Customer service, and profitability of the firm.   View Answer
    No negation. Took offer as is.

Operations Analyst Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

On campus interview. Two 30 minute interviews back to back with different employees out of the field of operations. 100% behavioral questions, no technical questions. There is no "superday". The interviewers were really friendly and interested. There is no real good way of preparing for this interview, just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a disadvantage of diversity and how would you solve it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Attended info session at my university about Operations and applied online. Heard back from HR that GS was interested in me and they paid my train ticket to interview in Jersey City, NJ office for a Superday. 2 30-minute interviews 2:1 with associates & VPs. Mostly behavioral. Nothing technical or that completely threw me off. Haven't heard back yet but feel that the interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to walk through resume.
      Give a leadership experience.
      Experience with most analytical exposure.
      Why Goldman.
      Why Operations.

Answer Question

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

I applied in February and got an interview in like two weeks. The interview was a final one, and it took place on campus. The process went well and questions were quite typical. Be prepared for a question about ethic. Also, go to the pre-interview event and try to make an impression.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were quite unexpected. Prepare for a questions about ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I was initially contacted to schedule an interview a couple weeks after the deadline for the internship, I was given a couple time slots to choose from on a given day and was told there would be two 45 minute rounds. The first round was purely "fit" questions, and the second round was "behavioral," both pretty straightforward and interactive. A couple weeks later they notified me with the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Since I am studying Industrial Engineering, a question that seemed difficult to me was to describe exactly why I wanted to work specifically for Goldman.   Answer Question

Got another offer in my hometown.