Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs
- Summer Analyst (207)
- Operations Analyst (140)
- Analyst (90)
- Technology Analyst (69)
- Intern (48)
- Software Engineer (41)
- Financial Analyst (34)
- Associate (30)
- Investment Banking Analyst (27)
- Technical Analyst (25)
- Operations Summer Analyst (21)
- Vice President (20)
- Quantitative Analyst (18)
- Business Analyst (16)
- Programmer Analyst (15)
- Analyst/Developer (15)
- Strategist (14)
- Senior Analyst Developer (14)
- Operations Associate (13)
- Senior Software Engineer (11)
- Finance Analyst (11)
- Credit Risk Analyst (11)
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst (10)
- Controller (9)
- Java Developer (9)
- Summer Technology Analyst (9)
- Senior Analyst (8)
- Technology Summer Analyst (8)
- Legal Analyst (8)
- Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management (7)
6 people found this helpful
Summer Services Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.
In October or so, I applied on the GS website for this job, submitting my resume and cover letter. In December, I had a phone interview with two members of the services team, after which I was told I would be alerted to my status in a few weeks. About three weeks later, I was told that I was invited back for a superday a month later, and I heard back the results of the superday within a week.
- One of the ways that they kept me on my toes was by NOT starting with the classic question asking about resume in general or “Tell me about yourself.”
1. Why finance? (No time to think as they are asking the question, just a rapid-fire, unexpected first question)
2. Not applicable to everyone...
3. What do you see as your biggest strength?
4. What are three leadership qualities that you possess that you are proud of?
5. Why do you want to work in services?
6. Why Goldman Sachs?
7. What is your weakness?
8. When have you been in a leadership position?
9. When have you been in a leadership position and failed?
10. When have you been in a group environment and not been the leader?
a. How did you feel then? What did you do?
11. Who is your role model?
12. Not applicable to everyone...
13. Tell me a bit about your experience abroad
14. Run me through your resume
a. They asked very resume-specific questions, going through each item on my resume
15. If I had to ask your teachers for one word to describe you, what would they say?
16. If I had to ask your friends for one word to describe you, what would they say?
17. If I had to ask the students that you tutor for one word to describe you, what would they say?
18. Tell me about your previous work experience Answer Question