Goldman Sachs Summer Services Intern Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Summer Analyst (202)
- Operations Analyst (137)
- Analyst (87)
- Technology Analyst (68)
- Intern (46)
- Software Engineer (40)
- Financial Analyst (33)
- Associate (30)
- Investment Banking Analyst (26)
- Technical Analyst (23)
- Operations Summer Analyst (21)
- Vice President (18)
- Quantitative Analyst (18)
- Business Analyst (16)
- Senior Analyst Developer (14)
- Programmer Analyst (14)
- Strategist (14)
- Operations Associate (13)
- Analyst/Developer (12)
- Senior Software Engineer (11)
- Credit Risk Analyst (11)
- Finance Analyst (11)
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst (9)
- Controller (9)
- Java Developer (9)
- Summer Technology Analyst (9)
- Technology Summer Analyst (8)
- Senior Analyst (8)
- Legal Analyst (8)
- Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management (7)
Summer Services Intern Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.
Interview Details – In October or so, I applied on the GS website for this job, submitting my resume and cover letter. In December, I had a phone interview with two members of the services team, after which I was told I would be alerted to my status in a few weeks. About three weeks later, I was told that I was invited back for a superday a month later, and I heard back the results of the superday within a week.
Interview Question – One of the ways that they kept me on my toes was by NOT starting with the classic question asking about resume in general or “Tell me about yourself.”
1. Why finance? (No time to think as they are asking the question, just a rapid-fire, unexpected first question)
2. Not applicable to everyone...
3. What do you see as your biggest strength?
4. What are three leadership qualities that you possess that you are proud of?
5. Why do you want to work in services?
6. Why Goldman Sachs?
7. What is your weakness?
8. When have you been in a leadership position?
9. When have you been in a leadership position and failed?
10. When have you been in a group environment and not been the leader?
a. How did you feel then? What did you do?
11. Who is your role model?
12. Not applicable to everyone...
13. Tell me a bit about your experience abroad
14. Run me through your resume
a. They asked very resume-specific questions, going through each item on my resume
15. If I had to ask your teachers for one word to describe you, what would they say?
16. If I had to ask your friends for one word to describe you, what would they say?
17. If I had to ask the students that you tutor for one word to describe you, what would they say?
18. Tell me about your previous work experience Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs