Goldman Sachs Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Met the recruiter at school career fair and applied online through website.

Had an two rounds on campus interview. First met with VP, was asked some behavior questions and some OO design questions. Then had a analysis assessment test. was asked to read some material and come up some implementation.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

After a refreshing, everyone is told the department that is interested in you and will led you to the office and get interviewed. All the interviewees will be accomodated in the great hotel.

Interview Questions
    • How to detect that if a sound is a part of a song, how to build the database. Like SoundHound   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Resume based.

Talked about previous internships/college level positions held.

Slightly technical

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Got interview from on-campus-recruitment in Feb 2014 . The whole process is about 30 minutes.I was asked about behavior questions and a brain teaser. The interviewer asked about projects concerning programmings on my resume.

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Went through a 30 minute interview on first day with two employers. Got selected and then was called for superday. I was shortlisted by 3 business teams from which I was then selected by 2. Every team took 3 interviews and in total 9 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Went to a school career fair where I was approached and had a good conversation with a VP. Went to an interview at the school career center with another VP, and they next day they told me I was flying out to New York in a week. Went there and had a great (but tiring day) interviewing with 3 teams and over 10 people.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Applied through the college career center. Had a campus interview with 2 senior employees. Just went over my resume. Asked about past projects and working experiences. They were mostly interested in programming languages and skills. All questions were behavioral. No technical questions. The total process took about half an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

I was interviewed from three different teams in the technology department, each team conducted three 30 minutes interview, sometimes there were two people interviewing me at the same time. The first 30 minutes of each interview was all about behavioral questions and about my resume, followed by the technical questions which involved general questions mainly about OOP concepts. Two teams gave me a coding assignment on paper which was straight forward. and one of the interviewers asked me a brain teasing problem. The interviewers were very nice, and the overall interview process was very comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most unrelated question was when one interviewer asked me about network protocols, which is something that I'm not experienced in, and there wasn't any networking skills that I have listed on my resume. which was very surprising   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2013.

FIrst had an interview on campus with two interviewers. One person asked me about Java questions regarding OOP concepts, data structures, and syntax. The other interviewer asked about C programming experience and pointers. They also asked some behavioral questions at the end of the interview regarding my leadership experiences.

After 2 days, I was invited to the their NY office, where I was scheduled to have 9 interviews. 3 interviews each with 3 different departments. All interviews were 30 minutes, so the technical questions were not difficult. They asked me about Java and SQL, as the company uses these languages heavily.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Reverse a Queue using a OS stack

2) You have 8 balls and one is heavier than others. Devise algorithm that determines the ball.

3) What is a Singleton, and create a class of it
        Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Was referred by previous intern then had an interview with campus recruiters when they came to my school. Was flown out to NY 3 weeks later for Super Day. I had 8 interviews with 3 groups. They were mostly behavioral questions with some technical, which included basic OOP and Java principles. Was asked a lot by everyone about my resume and previous work experience. Was contacted 4 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get the last word of a sentence in UNIX/command line?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate.