Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the university. Was interviewed in two rounds which consisted of a problem solving scenario with explanations, competency and technical interviews. I was interviewed by 7 different people from different departments in the technology division. While the process was nerve racking the interviewers however were very friendly

Interview Question – Beign asked how i would use a C/C++ library in Java.
Also had to answer questions on how I would prioritize scarce computing resources in displaying news quickly to the dashboard I designed.
  Answer Question

Technical Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – After the initial behavior round at my University I was called for the Superday at New York. I had only one team who wanted to interview me. Three members would interview you separately.

Interview Questions

Technical Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – It was the first interview. They wanted to know why Goldman. What position I wanted to apply for. Why that position? What do you see yourself doing in five years? They really seemed to be trying to assess if I was a good fit for Goldman Sachs. I appreciated the friendliness of the people I talked too. I havent done the second stage of interviews yet.

Interview Question – What is the difference between Java and C++?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – the interview round mainly constitute of puzzles and simple programming skills

they check more on analytical ability and overall personality rather than your coding skills

Be sure to do as many puzzles as you can before you go for interview

Interview Question – nothing that difficult...if one knows basic interview questins of programming there wil be no problem   Answer Question

Technical Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was a two-to-one interview. It is in normal procedure. Firstly the recruiter was asking about your resume, and then they came up with one coding problem and one brain teaser. The questions were not hard, but they expect the problem solving skills from you.

Interview Question – What is your best programming language   View Answer

Technical Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was quite technical rather than behavioral, which the first interview intend to be. After the introduction they had given me a string and asked to write a program to reverse it. I did that, then they ask to write a program that can reverse any string. I did that, after that they ask if the input is null string then how the program should be changed. I suggested that. Then they have given me 2 arrays of 1 to 1000 in random order and then they want me to find out if a number is added how can you find out the number, I had given the solution and they were really impressed by my answers and my pace as well to get to the answer. So, I had expected to get further.

Interview Question – Write a program to reverse any string   View Answer

Technical Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview is the first round of the path. I actually not a very good technical person. Coding is not that good. They just ask bunch of questions all related to Java, and C++. That drive me crazy...

Interview Question – What is the doubly linked list? Give a example.   Answer Question

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2011.

Interview Details – 5-6 different people called me each last for at least 30 minutes. they are all from tech but different departments. did not ask too many tech questions since it is for an intern and the intern itself if a big interview. But they mainly ask a bit of everything, economics, programming, network, brainteaser, behavioral,

Interview Question – tell me a bit about your project? how is the accuracy?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2009.

Interview Details – i was campus hiring. There were campus interviews and on-site interview. During campus interview, I got group interview with three interviewers. It covers both technical and behavior questions, more focus on the resume. 9 rounds of on-site interview, 3 for each team, more like business and technical questions

Interview Questions

Technical Analyst
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2010.

Interview Details – I have been invited to have my first interview and finished one database formatting test and had two short interview related to the test and competency questions. I got an email for final interview on the same day.
The final interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, 30mins each. Haven't got replied yet.

Interview Question – Why do you choose Goldman Sachs   View Answer