Goldman Sachs Technical Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Champaign, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Recruiter selected individuals based on their conversation and review of resume. Interview time were scheduled on the spot for the following day.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most inspiring person in your life   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Campus interview for the first round and come in for a full day interview. Met 2 teams for the interview, each team will have at least 3 people interview you individually for 30 to 45 mins, with a lunch break in between. The whole process starts at 9 in the morning, which they arranged a intro video about the company, afterwards you went off to meet with different groups.

Interview Questions

• Java, database, data structure questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As freshly graduated from college, you dont have much room for negotiation since they will put you through a 2-months training.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I have applied online to the position of a New Analyst in Technology department, 3 days later a recruiter called me on Friday and asked to come to the interview on next Monday in the morning. At the interview, there were 6 applicants in total, we were given an analytical task for 30 minutes based on responsive design and allocation of boxes into the screen (be sure to know well-known display sizes, resolution). The task wasn't hard, but additional questions from the interviewer were. The man was not friendly at all and I had an impression that I have irritated him from the beginning. I didn't feel that i answered his questions, because he suggested me unexpected ways to do it: to solve the problem from the java perspective, while i prepared to do it from html5/css perspective. He did not listen to me properly and always interrupted everything i tried to say. The second interviewer was much better and polite, and I have gained a good impression in the end. he was friendly and smiled a lot, but he asked some questions of Goldman Sachs, which i wasn't prepared to answer. My fault. We also talked through teamwork and leadership examples, there were no unexpected questions in this area.

Interview Questions

• What should be as an input to the java method? What GS do in sales & trading?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

very scrupulous process. detailed analytical and logical test followed by several rounds of subsequent interviews

Interview Questions

• couple of high profile technical questions and logical questions as well   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through the university. Was interviewed in two rounds which consisted of a problem solving scenario with explanations, competency and technical interviews. I was interviewed by 7 different people from different departments in the technology division. While the process was nerve racking the interviewers however were very friendly

Interview Questions

• Beign asked how i would use a C/C++ library in Java. Also had to answer questions on how I would prioritize scarce computing resources in displaying news quickly to the dashboard I designed.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

After the initial behavior round at my University I was called for the Superday at New York. I had only one team who wanted to interview me. Three members would interview you separately.

Interview Questions

• Write a code for Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm.   1 Answer
    • Why Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer
    • some situation at work or project which brought out leaderhip qualities.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was the first interview. They wanted to know why Goldman. What position I wanted to apply for. Why that position? What do you see yourself doing in five years? They really seemed to be trying to assess if I was a good fit for Goldman Sachs. I appreciated the friendliness of the people I talked too. I havent done the second stage of interviews yet.

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

the interview round mainly constitute of puzzles and simple programming skills they check more on analytical ability and overall personality rather than your coding skills Be sure to do as many puzzles as you can before you go for interview

Interview Questions

• nothing that difficult...if one knows basic interview questins of programming there wil be no problem   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2012.

Interview

It was a two-to-one interview. It is in normal procedure. Firstly the recruiter was asking about your resume, and then they came up with one coding problem and one brain teaser. The questions were not hard, but they expect the problem solving skills from you.

Interview Questions

• What is your best programming language   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2011.

Interview

My interview was quite technical rather than behavioral, which the first interview intend to be. After the introduction they had given me a string and asked to write a program to reverse it. I did that, then they ask to write a program that can reverse any string. I did that, after that they ask if the input is null string then how the program should be changed. I suggested that. Then they have given me 2 arrays of 1 to 1000 in random order and then they want me to find out if a number is added how can you find out the number, I had given the solution and they were really impressed by my answers and my pace as well to get to the answer. So, I had expected to get further.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to reverse any string   1 Answer