Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the university. Was interviewed in two rounds which consisted of a problem solving scenario with explanations, competency and technical interviews. I was interviewed by 7 different people from different departments in the technology division. While the process was nerve racking the interviewers however were very friendly

Interview Question – Beign asked how i would use a C/C++ library in Java.
Also had to answer questions on how I would prioritize scarce computing resources in displaying news quickly to the dashboard I designed.
  Answer Question

Technical Analyst
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2010.

Interview Details – I have been invited to have my first interview and finished one database formatting test and had two short interview related to the test and competency questions. I got an email for final interview on the same day.
The final interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, 30mins each. Haven't got replied yet.

Interview Question – Why do you choose Goldman Sachs   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Online app, cv and cover letter.

2. Analytical thinking exercise based around databases and updating trade records. Present and dicuss my answers to two interviewers.

3. Two one-on-one competency interviews. First purely competency with standard questions, why goldman, why technology, leadership, teamwork etc. Second asked some technical questions about previous java projects and experience with financial IT systems.

Interview Question – If I have a kettle that can boil 1 litre of water and I need 4 litres of boiling water, how do I do it?   View Answer

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!