Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Intern Interview Questions

3.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst - Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

3 in person interviews with 3 different teams.

Coding questions, personality questions, fit questions. I was able to ask about what the teams did.

3 in person interviews with 3 different teams.

There is a 100 story building and you have two eggs. How do you determine the highest floor from which you can drop the eggs without them breaking. (could also be black balls)

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2013.

First Round: 2:1 interview on campus, roughly half an hour in length. I was asked about my understanding of OOP concepts, as well as my experience with programming. I was asked to write a short code to reverse a string in c++. Pretty straight forward, but they were looking for detailed answers. I am not a Comp Sci student, so there were some questions I couldn't answer right away, but the interviewers gave hints that were helpful. They didn't waste any time going through my resume or asking any behavioral questions.

Second Round (Superday): I had 3 half-hour 1:1 interviews with members of one department. Some other candidate had additional interviews with 2 or 3 departments, 3 interviews for each. Interviews seemed to be more behavioral in my case. All three of my interviewers focused on what I hoped to get out of the internship, and surprisingly little on what I know.

My guess is that the first round was to check for knowledge, and the second round was more focused on fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Programming questions, brain teasers, technical questions in java. Discussion about past projects and programming experience

Interview Questions
    • Number of squares in a nxn chess board(including all combinations);
      25 horses, 5 horse per race, how many races to determine top5?

Answer Question

Technology Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

On campus interview with two people. A simple algorithm question, basic OOP principles, and a puzzle or two. On site interview with seven (three different groups). Again, primarily asked basic data structures and OOP. Be ready to talk about yourself, past projects, and answer 'Why Goldman.'

Interview Questions
    • Given an arbitrary dimension n, write a function that outputs a random n-vector of unit length (completely uniform distribution)   View Answer
    accelerated process - had a two week deadline but was able to extend it for another three weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2012.

Handed my resume to some recruiters at a tech conference earlier in October 2012 and got called up for superday for the first accelerated process mid December. They flew me to New York and I was brought to a conference room with about 15 other candidates. We were briefed and handed our interview schedules for the day (which division they put you in etc). I only have one division scheduled with 2 interviews, whereas I know some people who got up to 9 interviews.

So I had my 2 rounds of interviews each with 2 interviewers. They were really nice people and half the interview was me asking questions about the job. They got me to introduce myself a little and talk about my coding experience/ latest coding project. Then they asked a math/logic problem and a coding question. Also expect the standard Why Goldman Sachs question.

I got called about 2 working days later with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Which data structure would you use to organize a phonebook, and how would you optimize it?   View Answer

Intern Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2011.

First there was a 1:1 interview on campus. I was interviewed by a very friendly person who was a senior manager at the firm. The interview was resume based and behavioral. He asked a lot of questions on the projects I was working on and how would solve certain problems if they came up during the development of my projects. Then I was invited for an On Site interview, where I was interviewed by three people from my team.

Interview Questions
    • What problems did you face in your project(xyz)?   Answer Question
    • How did you solve it? How would you solve it if this went wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2011.

I had a 2 on 1 interview after a Career Fair on campus. They called me about a week later to fly me out to Salt Lake. I had three interviews each with three different divisions. Each one had a behavioral, a skills test, and then a technical. The technical interviews were pretty difficult. I stumbled on some of the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

Resume passed screening and was selected for on campus interview. Interviewed with two IT People. The interview lasted over half an hour. Repeatedly ask questions like "why goldman sachs". Walk through my resume and asked a few questions. Also was given a couple of brain teasers and one programming question, which I wrote pseudo code for.