Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. Since it was at a conference, the first was an impromptu interview at a hospitality suite where they asked me my background and a few basic questions about linked lists. The second interview was a formal interview between me and two GS software engineers and the last was an interview with a managing director.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Two 30 min on-campus interviews. Got flown to New York for onsite. Two 45 minute interviews with 2 people each. The recruiters are very nice and make you feel comfortable :) The interviewers are also awesome people. On-campus interviews were VERY easy questions, wrote them up in python. Onsite questions were more java/python/OS trivia questions, not much coding surprisingly. Talked about past projects.

Interview Questions

• what is a turing machine? differences between thread scheduling algos, deadlocks..   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Three person will interview and then ask you different question. Different person ask different questions and sometime they ask to perform some ask and code to see if you have solve the problem. They are most likely going to see how you think and how you approach the problem. I think that it is a good experience and help us to make thinking and making problem. And there are many things that can be asked too. And there is a different experience after all.

Interview Questions

• what is the problem you have faced? how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiters email under HACK15, after a month got an email from HR co-ordinator regarding scheduling a phone interview in early January. Phone interview was with VP of the team which was interested in me. It was 35 mins interview mainly discussing about the process of interview, my previous experience and some basic technical question like find min in an array of arrays, find median in array of arrays, find min in stack(use pilot data) Got a call same day evening from HR to move forward and schedule for super day which will be 3 30mins interviews. Super Day...All 3 interviews were with VPs from 2 different teams under Financial Risk Technology 1st Interview: run through resume, discuss about my previous role and then technical question- Given an array how will you search an item, give all possible approaches with pros and cons. follow up..delete the searched element from the array. 2nd Interview: run through resume, discuss about my previous role and explain me the architecture of your previous explain how did a particular class looks like including various methods variables..., write code for quick sort(stopped halfway dues to shortage of time) 3rd Interview: Directly jumps to technical questions- check whether a Binary tree is BST given four 0's convert it into 24. Answer (0!+0!+0!+0!)! what is cluster indexing in database? and can we have multiple cluster indices? As my three interviews went well, I was leaving and was stopped by MD, saying he would like to chat with me. This was basically him giving me background of the work team is being doing and why I should join his team. Got an email same day evening from HR saying that the team interviewed me were very impressed and would like to extend an offer. I took couple of day before replying and accepting the offer. Hope this helps!! ALL THE BEST :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

package was exceptional for a fresher.. did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fair. They gave me a phone interview after a month. 45 mins phone interview : personality questions + python coding For this position, they only focus on ur coding skill.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Went over the resume and asked java questions abstract classes v/s interfaces and multiple inheritance in java and one array based profit problem. Asked tricky questions on one of the project which i am working currently.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through college. First they called me up and scheduled phone interviews with two technology department. Both were pure technical. A week later, I had two rounds of onsite interviews with both departments. 3 interviews each. I'd say they were half technical half resume based. Another week later, I got invited to another round of interviews with one of two departments, where I thought I did the best I've ever done. First guy gave me a written test and asked a few algorithm questions. Second and third interviewers were more like the departments heads. They asked some scenario questions and resume based. They were all really friendly and professional. I really enjoyed the interviews and I thought I did a good job. Unfortunately I did not get the job. great experience though.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Interview process was pleasant. It involved a mostly behavioral phone screen with some light CS questions at the end. My advice would be to know your resume front to back. After the phone screen, I interviewed in their manhattan office. It was 3 30 minute interviews, each asking me a mix of questions about me resume and coding ability. Topics included data structures and algorithms, and OOP.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and the second is on-campus (Goldman Sachs). I was told that my phone interview was unconventional in the sense that I was not being interviewed by a recruiter, but someone on the team I would potentially be working with. I expected behavioral questions, but I was asked technical questions instead. Second interview will consist of three consecutive 30-minute interviews, so be prepared!

Interview Questions

• None. Be sure to research the company, they want to hear individuals that are enthusiastic about becoming a part of their team. Be knowledgeable in your respective field and be prepared for any behavioral questions. Don't forget to be personable during your conversation, don't make it sound like you're reading from a paper! Follow these tips and you should do just fine.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

2 Interviews, one on campus and the other on site. The on site interview consisted of a behavioral and technical one. Each on site lasted 45 minutes, while the campus one lasted 30 to 35.

Interview Questions

• SQL queries (join), keep track of minimum in stack, code merge part of merge sort and write test cases   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, reasonably high pay