Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.2

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After applying online HR called me to schedule an onsite 3 half hour interviews. The first one was mostly behavioral but the next two interview were only technical questions. Some of the questions that I remember were: 1) given an array of integers design an algorithm that prints how many times each number appears in the array e.g. [1, 5, 2, 5] so 1: 1 , 2: 1, 5: 2. 2) Given an integer make a function that reverses that integer. 3) Solve the best time to buy and sell a stock problem.

Interview Questions
  • Design an efficient algorithm that checks if a LinkedList, that holds a trillion elements, is circular or not.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technology Analyst Interview

Networking with an alumni on info session, got into first round and pass it. It is divided into behavioral and tech, each is 30 mins. if you prepare for it, it should be easy.

Fly out to NYC for second round. It went bad since they test me on one particular question related to my resume experience and i simply forgot what to do...

My performance would be a B if I grade myself. Don't know whether i would have an offer or not. A lot of people helped me a out in the process so I wanna give it back here.

Technology Analyst Interview

Passed first round on campus interview. Asked 2-3 tech question, like fibonacci etc. Got flown to NY for on sight. Stayed in a 5 star hotel, which was chill. The on sight interview was a lot easier than the first round. Most managers don't remember any tech questions off top of their head to ask, so they just talk about what they do and about your resume. If they like you and see you are a good fit, the will hire you/

Technology Analyst Interview

On campus interview, all behavior questions, e.g. Why do you want to work here? Describe one of your projects, Are you the team leader in this project? Are you chosen to be the leader by the group members, or be assigned by the others? Which field in Computer Science do you focus on?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think is the typical work of the technology analyst in Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Contacted by HR 3 days ago, invited to attend a super day interview at Thur. I came to GS New York at around 7:30, talked shortly with some candidates and after a brief introduction by some GS employees we were suggested to go to different floor based on different team, I would say people there were very nice, the whole interview was very resume based, so make sure you fully know about your resume very well, some were technical and some are behavioral questions

Took the path and got to GS at jersey city(their technology division headquarter) , talked with three different team leads and they were very very easy going, be told to do some code test(SQL, OOP design), and some brain teaser, they were not very hard, so just take it easy, stay sharp, the way you think matters to them. They told me the decision would be made by 8:00 pm

Two days later I got the call from GS saying that both team were willing to give me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • write a function that returns nothing but get the sum of two integers(simple one, but you should think of as many ways as possible)
      Tell me something that you've done and you're very proud of?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation for technical analyst

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

1st round: College campus interview. Was interviewed by 2 people. Got a call for super day within 3 days.
    2nd round : This was the super day. Had 9 rounds of interviews (each 30 mins) from 3 technology departments.
    After 10 days, got call for another super day. Had 2 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teasers, puzzle questions, simple linked list (how to detect a loop in a linked list etc etc), and design questions ( example: how many floors and walls will you design for a building that requires blah blah blah)   Answer Question
    Great pay, did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Question on basic data structures,java and database   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Went to interview at Dallas Location. Was flown in and very professional. Had 3 30 minute interviews with 3 separate teams just reviewing my resume. No technical questions at all.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. All very common interview questions. What are you most proud of during your time at school was difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

I dropped my resume off at a career fair and then received an email that I had an interview in NYC. They paid for my trip there and for the hotel. I had a great experience there, everyone was really friendly and professional. The interview was mostly behavioral, which really surprised me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I would do if i finished a project with a team, but then went home and realized there was a code in it and it was my fault.. They just want to know that you will do the right thing when working with teams.   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

30 minutes long. Questions related to past work experience