Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Technology Analyst () Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied with Cover Letter, and CV, got called to first interview a few weeks after (first session had 1 interview involved solving a logic/maths question, then talking about that question with an interviewer)

Called to final round interview, 3x competency based interviews, although became quite technical due to points I had on my CV. (If you mention technical details on your CV prepare to talk about it)

Interview Questions
  • You are working in a team, and one particular member is not pulling his weight, what do you do?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

I applied through university career fair. They gave me a phone interview after a month.
    45 mins phone interview : personality questions + python coding
    For this position, they only focus on ur coding skill.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Two 30 min on-campus interviews. Got flown to New York for onsite.
    Two 45 minute interviews with 2 people each. The recruiters are very nice and make you feel comfortable :) The interviewers are also awesome people.
    On-campus interviews were VERY easy questions, wrote them up in python.
    Onsite questions were more java/python/OS trivia questions, not much coding surprisingly. Talked about past projects.

Interview Questions
    • what is a turing machine? differences between thread scheduling algos, deadlocks..   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Three person will interview and then ask you different question. Different person ask different questions and sometime they ask to perform some ask and code to see if you have solve the problem.
    They are most likely going to see how you think and how you approach the problem.
    I think that it is a good experience and help us to make thinking and making problem. And there are many things that can be asked too. And there is a different experience after all.

Interview Questions
    • what is the problem you have faced? how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Face to Face. I talked with two men, one for a DP Problem and one for my project. I felt nervous and my speaking ability is weak. Hence, I received a rejection. The two men are all very nice. The DP program is to make schedule for the boss. I have to schedule his meetings. These meetings have different priorities and durations. The goal is to arrange as many meetings as possible.

Technology Analyst Interview

I attended on-campus recruiting. There are two interviews. First one is simple. Answer some basic algorithms and knowledge, such as remove duplicates from linked list, what is primary key, foreign key. You must specify the running time of your algorithms. Then ask a brain teaser. There are three baskets of fruit, one is filled with all apples, another is filled with all oranges, the third one is mixed by apples and oranges. Each basket has a tag on it, but all of them are wrong. You can just take one fruit from one of the basket and rearrange the tags. The second interview is just about a meeting scheduling problem.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

I applied through college. First they called me up and scheduled phone interviews with two technology department. Both were pure technical. A week later, I had two rounds of onsite interviews with both departments. 3 interviews each. I'd say they were half technical half resume based. Another week later, I got invited to another round of interviews with one of two departments, where I thought I did the best I've ever done. First guy gave me a written test and asked a few algorithm questions. Second and third interviewers were more like the departments heads. They asked some scenario questions and resume based. They were all really friendly and professional. I really enjoyed the interviews and I thought I did a good job. Unfortunately I did not get the job. great experience though.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

I applied through a campus recruiters email under HACK15, after a month got an email from HR co-ordinator regarding scheduling a phone interview in early January.

Phone interview was with VP of the team which was interested in me. It was 35 mins interview mainly discussing about the process of interview, my previous experience and some basic technical question like find min in an array of arrays, find median in array of arrays, find min in stack(use pilot data)

Got a call same day evening from HR to move forward and schedule for super day which will be 3 30mins interviews.

Super Day...All 3 interviews were with VPs from 2 different teams under Financial Risk Technology

1st Interview: run through resume, discuss about my previous role and then technical question-
    Given an array how will you search an item, give all possible approaches with pros and cons. follow up..delete the searched element from the array.

2nd Interview: run through resume, discuss about my previous role and explain me the architecture of your previous explain how did a particular class looks like including various methods variables..., write code for quick sort(stopped halfway dues to shortage of time)

3rd Interview: Directly jumps to technical questions-
    check whether a Binary tree is BST
    given four 0's convert it into 24. Answer (0!+0!+0!+0!)!
    what is cluster indexing in database? and can we have multiple cluster indices?

As my three interviews went well, I was leaving and was stopped by MD, saying he would like to chat with me. This was basically him giving me background of the work team is being doing and why I should join his team.

Got an email same day evening from HR saying that the team interviewed me were very impressed and would like to extend an offer. I took couple of day before replying and accepting the offer.

Hope this helps!!
    ALL THE BEST :)

Interview Questions
    package was exceptional for a fresher.. did not negotiate

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Went over the resume and asked java questions abstract classes v/s interfaces and multiple inheritance in java and one array based profit problem. Asked tricky questions on one of the project which i am working currently.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I was interviewed by Goldman Sachs Services Private Limited in mid 2014. I was interviewed by almost all the potential team members.
    1st and 2nd round: Telephonic 1hour each.
    Basic Java concepts and puzzles.
    3rd and 4th Round: Global round
    I was interviewed by Global Managers (NJ/NYC). Manager questions.
    5th Round: Technical round. Technical Questions + puzzles
    6th Round: Leadership Round - Mainly focused to gauge your leadership skills and handle different situations.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews are pretty straight forward if you're good at your core technology and clear about what you're trying to achieve.   Answer Question
    Fixed salary will much more than a person can get in any service based company but not up to the mark if you consider its an Investment Bank and the talent they look for.