Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Overall it was a pretty easy interview. I was asked about Java basics, some basic probability, and internet networking questions. Met recruiter on campus at career fair. One on campus screen and one final round in NY.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list in place. How many unique smoothies given choices of 6 types of fruit?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth. Got a lot of basic questions around CS fundamentals. Data Structures and Algorithms. About interest in Finance and general knowledge about Capital Markets. There was a phone screen and about 5 rounds of further interviews each with varied levels of difficulty.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Shortly after submitting my application the company called me for first meeting. Id consisted of 3 interviews. First: Analysis, Thinking. Solving some basic problems. they tested more approach to the problem than skills. Second: Technical. Questions about Java, Algorithms, SQL. Still quite basic. The interviewers didn't expect perfect answer, but tested approach. Third: Speaking with senior staff. Rather opportunity to ask than answer questions. After a week or so two phone interviews - both testing interpersonal skills. a bit stressing, some technical questions. My tip would be to ask questions, show the way You approach problems, be calm and relaxed. It surprised me how friendly the people in the company are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. Since it was at a conference, the first was an impromptu interview at a hospitality suite where they asked me my background and a few basic questions about linked lists. The second interview was a formal interview between me and two GS software engineers and the last was an interview with a managing director.

Technology Analyst () Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied with Cover Letter, and CV, got called to first interview a few weeks after (first session had 1 interview involved solving a logic/maths question, then talking about that question with an interviewer) Called to final round interview, 3x competency based interviews, although became quite technical due to points I had on my CV. (If you mention technical details on your CV prepare to talk about it)

Interview Questions

• You are working in a team, and one particular member is not pulling his weight, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fair. They gave me a phone interview after a month. 45 mins phone interview : personality questions + python coding For this position, they only focus on ur coding skill.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Two 30 min on-campus interviews. Got flown to New York for onsite. Two 45 minute interviews with 2 people each. The recruiters are very nice and make you feel comfortable :) The interviewers are also awesome people. On-campus interviews were VERY easy questions, wrote them up in python. Onsite questions were more java/python/OS trivia questions, not much coding surprisingly. Talked about past projects.

Interview Questions

• what is a turing machine? differences between thread scheduling algos, deadlocks..   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Three person will interview and then ask you different question. Different person ask different questions and sometime they ask to perform some ask and code to see if you have solve the problem. They are most likely going to see how you think and how you approach the problem. I think that it is a good experience and help us to make thinking and making problem. And there are many things that can be asked too. And there is a different experience after all.

Interview Questions

• what is the problem you have faced? how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Face to Face. I talked with two men, one for a DP Problem and one for my project. I felt nervous and my speaking ability is weak. Hence, I received a rejection. The two men are all very nice. The DP program is to make schedule for the boss. I have to schedule his meetings. These meetings have different priorities and durations. The goal is to arrange as many meetings as possible.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview

I attended on-campus recruiting. There are two interviews. First one is simple. Answer some basic algorithms and knowledge, such as remove duplicates from linked list, what is primary key, foreign key. You must specify the running time of your algorithms. Then ask a brain teaser. There are three baskets of fruit, one is filled with all apples, another is filled with all oranges, the third one is mixed by apples and oranges. Each basket has a tag on it, but all of them are wrong. You can just take one fruit from one of the basket and rearrange the tags. The second interview is just about a meeting scheduling problem.