Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an on campus interview which was just a 30 minute one on one interview with one of their associates. No technical questions, just a bunch of behavioral ones. Seemed like a conversation. I didn't get asked to a second round so I guess I wasn't good enough. They do really do it based on personality and how well you fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about at time when you felt uncomfortable due to ethical reasons.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

Interview Details – Gave them my resume at a career fair on campus and then they called me a day later to ask me to come in for an interview. The interview was conducted by one of their employees who had previously held that intern position and he started by talking about himself and his experience at Goldman Sachs. He then asked me about myself, why I was interested in them, and then gave me a paper with questions on it that mostly tested my memory of how to use Java.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Interview Details – The first round of interviews consisted of two half hour interviews with two different people. The interview questions were simple and felt very conversational. Emphasis on Behavioral questions over technology questions. The second round of interviews was exactly the same except that the interviews were held at the office in Salt Lake City. This time around there were 3 half hour interviews with 3 different people. A few more logic questions in the second round of the interview. I was contacted several days later and offered a position. The interview process overall was not as grueling as it was rumored to be.

Interview Question – 25 horses and 5 per race question.   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!