Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst - Technology

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Got interview from on-campus-recruitment in Feb 2014 . The whole process is about 30 minutes.I was asked about behavior questions and a brain teaser. The interviewer asked about projects concerning programmings on my resume.

Interview Question – What's the difference of Java and C.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Went through a 30 minute interview on first day with two employers. Got selected and then was called for superday. I was shortlisted by 3 business teams from which I was then selected by 2. Every team took 3 interviews and in total 9 interviews.

Interview Question – What is a singleton class in JAVA. Design it.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed from three different teams in the technology department, each team conducted three 30 minutes interview, sometimes there were two people interviewing me at the same time. The first 30 minutes of each interview was all about behavioral questions and about my resume, followed by the technical questions which involved general questions mainly about OOP concepts. Two teams gave me a coding assignment on paper which was straight forward. and one of the interviewers asked me a brain teasing problem. The interviewers were very nice, and the overall interview process was very comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Question – The most unrelated question was when one interviewer asked me about network protocols, which is something that I'm not experienced in, and there wasn't any networking skills that I have listed on my resume. which was very surprising   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Technology Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the college career center. Had a campus interview with 2 senior employees. Just went over my resume. Asked about past projects and working experiences. They were mostly interested in programming languages and skills. All questions were behavioral. No technical questions. The total process took about half an hour.

Interview Question – Which division are you interested?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited for an internship at a career fair. They asked behavioral questions and wanted me to explain the projects that I have worked on in the past. Then they called me for an on-site interview. I had three different 1:1 interviews, each 30 minutes long. Questions varied from white-board technical questions to behavioral "Why us?" questions.

Interview Question – Would you work for us if you found out we are evil?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2013.

Interview Details – FIrst had an interview on campus with two interviewers. One person asked me about Java questions regarding OOP concepts, data structures, and syntax. The other interviewer asked about C programming experience and pointers. They also asked some behavioral questions at the end of the interview regarding my leadership experiences.

After 2 days, I was invited to the their NY office, where I was scheduled to have 9 interviews. 3 interviews each with 3 different departments. All interviews were 30 minutes, so the technical questions were not difficult. They asked me about Java and SQL, as the company uses these languages heavily.

Interview Question – 1) Reverse a Queue using a OS stack

2) You have 8 balls and one is heavier than others. Devise algorithm that determines the ball.

3) What is a Singleton, and create a class of it
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was on campus and completely behavioral. Two-on-one. Then a week later was invited to superday in NYC. Got there at 8am, then was shipped on the ferry to the headquarters in Jersey City. Was interviewed by 6 people there, each one on one, from two different groups, Enterprise Architecture and Operations Technology; completely behavioral questions. Nice and respectful interviewers. Well coordinated and on time. Then went back to NYC headquarters for two more interviews from the Banking Technology unity, each two on one and completely technical questions. No writing code, however.

Interview Question – Why does Java run on any machine while C++ does not.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst

Interview Details – Applied through school's website. 1st interview 1:2 almost technical. went through resume, experiences and general OOP questions. No behavioral at all. 10 days later
Invited for the super day...

Interview Question – In POS system where do you save the input data from n user   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was referred by previous intern then had an interview with campus recruiters when they came to my school. Was flown out to NY 3 weeks later for Super Day. I had 8 interviews with 3 groups. They were mostly behavioral questions with some technical, which included basic OOP and Java principles. Was asked a lot by everyone about my resume and previous work experience. Was contacted 4 days later with an offer.

Interview Question – How would you get the last word of a sentence in UNIX/command line?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

College Park, MD

Interview Details – Through College career fair. Had first round of interview on campus
Behavioral questions such as
Why GS
What s the most difficult situation that you have ever dealt
How do you think you will handle some discrepancy in your team

Second round in newyork yet to go through on friday

Interview Question – How do you think you will handle some discrepancy in your team. mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!