Goldman Sachs

Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.3

207 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FX Trading Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Two interviews with senior traders. Nice offices on the Strand. Few technical questions (aside from maths question), mostly asking about work experience so far and them attempting to deduce how good a fit the candidate is for the role.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application with CV and cover letter, no online testing. After more than a month I received an invitation for a Telephone interview, which was followed by several final round interviews. The questions were not too extraordinary although quite technical, most of the interviews consisted of 1 fit question (usually about team work) and other questions were technical/commercial awareness.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a recent development that you've followed, Explain derivatives, What are the main risks related to market at the moment.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application, then an invitation to the first stage interview. First a theoretical test followed by a 30 min interview about it and then a competency based interview 30 min as well. Then an invitation to the final round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online after attending a divisional event. Got an email invitation to a first round interview the next morning. One 30 minute interview with a senior securities representative. CV, competency based with some brainteasers and technical questions. A knowledge of everything on your CV is essential. Expect the unexpected.

Technology Analyst Interview

2 interview, waiting for phone interview
    Been back for 2 interview days, the first with a case study, the second were 3 behavioural interviews each lasting about 30 minutes with some technical questions as well

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Offered first round interview after the screening process in the London Office.
    Was asked basic competencies - Why banking, Goldman etc.
    Then was asked questions on market conditions, asked for a stock pitch, etc some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could work for Goldman Sachs or take a million pounds, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

2 interviews: 1 analytical based about the web design and during the 2-1interview, the interviewer keep changing the condition and the requirements for the question, and ask me to write the code.

2.competency base based on CV and previous experience, teamwork.

Still waiting for response

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

2 rounds of interviews, the first round was a 2:1 panel and consisted of mainly behavioral, although try not to give the typical answers for Why GS and Why Ops. They hear these answers from 100s of others so try stand out when answering these.

2 days later I was invited to the Final round which consisted of 3 back to back interviews, all behavioral however when I myself mentioned something technical that I had read in the news they did ask follow up questions so make sure you understand anything that you talk about. All in all very friendly and well organised.

I received my offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were taking 100 people from A to B, how would you go about doing it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it is a graduate contract

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

The application process is simple; just a cover letter and CV to be submitted. I then waited a month before I was invited to the first round of interviews. The day after I completed my interview (one to one and entirely based on competency, with the opening question being 'Tell me about your main accomplishments'), I was invited to the 2nd round of interviews, which I am yet to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you've made a mistake and had to recover from it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application after meeting them at a job fair. After 3 weeks invitation to first interview in their office (30min), afterwards final round of interviews (3x30min). Did not have final round yet.
    First round was purely behavioural based but nothing out of the ordinary. Show confidence and have a good story or to possibly a laugh. They want to know if it would be pleasant to work with you.