Goldman Sachs

Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.2

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview was 30 mins long over the phone with a VP. It was a first round interview. Very warm interviewer. On top of asking about my cv and work background, he asked about my interests as well. The interview became more friendly as time passed but I had the feeling the first 5 mins of the interview are crucial, along the lines of walk me through your CV and the questions that follow depend on how well you present yourself and speak about experiences - I wasn't very well rehearsed so didn't ace this bit. As no technical questions were asked, I presumed that they make up their mind quite early in the interview.

IT Placement Interview Interview

Went to an interview, did a test and got interviewed on it. Then I had one technical interview and another competency based interview. I then got invited to another interview and it was a round of 3 interviews. I never got an offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions
    • what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Spring Week Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I filled an online application - inputting previous work experience, submitting a cover letter, cv and current grades and i got invited through for interview. I was asked to arrive for the interview at the London office. They asked general competency and topical questions on the current state of the economy and banking industry.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Brief talk with HR about what im currently doing and why im looking for another role. This was followed by Telephone screening with two people a week later as per my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about supporting applications followed by general questions about the business.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Telephone interview consisted of HR staff briefing me on the interview process and requirements. First round was a one on one interview with two senior Pharma analysts. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Questions included generic ones on my past work experiences, technical financial accounting questions and a stock pitch.

Interview Questions
    • How many airplanes are in the sky above the UK at any given moment   View Answer

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online with CV and cover letter. Received an invitation to the first round interviews about 3 weeks later. first round interviews consisted of an ATE followed by a presentation. You are mainly assessed on your communication skills and your thinking process, very important to remain confident and ask questions. This was followed by a 30 minute competency based interview where you really have to show passion about gs and technology. After a day I was invited to the final interviews which was 3 days after the first interview. Final interviews included 3 x 30 minute interviews with senior managers and directors. Interviews can be competency or technical depending on your CV and skills. It's very important to know your CV and your strengths and weaknesses. If you are not the best programmer, make sure they know that because Goldman Sachs really believe that they can train you if you have the capacity and passion to learn. Make sure you stay curious and show confidence and show passion about technology . It's VERY important to ask questions at the end of each interview, these questions can really differentiate you from other canditates. Received offer the day after the final interviews. Really good experience overall.

no negotiation

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

This was for a strats summer internship. I had 3 onsite interviews, followed by 2 phone interviews, followed by 16 onsite interviews, followed by another 2 phone interviews. The onsite day was 10am-7pm of non-stop interviews without a break for food.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly brain teasers that involve probability and algorithms knowledge.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Telephone interview with different team leaders - if your CV passed an initial sift, it was passed out to the different teams who contacted you almost independently for their own interviews. Questions were based mostly around probability and statistics, with some questions about computer programming and complexity/speed of solutions.

Interview Questions
    • If you toss an unbiased coin, what is the expected number of tosses you will make before you toss three tails?   View Answers (2)

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

I send an online application in December and they called me back at the end of January to interview three days after. I succeed in that interview and I am waiting for the next.
    The first interview was one to one and lasted half an hour, with an executive director of the securities division.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about my CV, special my work experience that did not fit exactly with what is expected from a securities candidate. Which markets I follow. Probability question   Answer Question