Goldman Sachs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

Interview Details – For technology it's a pretty straightforward process- 300 word cover letter(and this is everything that counts), a first round interview based entirely on competency. Following this, on the same day, you will be presented with a case to assess and later present to two senior VPs. My case was to analyse how best to store reference data for a trading app. It was very straightforward-needed us staying how we'd use databases and SQL optimisation (I've studied business and computers therefore computer science was not my major, I was applying for a BA role) and discuss efficiency.

Get past this and you have one more round of three interviews- focus on one recent event that's effecting the current economy, a B&T of commercial awareness (why did the credit crunch happen, what was Goldman's role), a lot of competency and a few technical questions such as multi threading.

Interview Question – What loans specifically hurt Goldman during the credit crisis   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was a graduate offer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – Applied online in November 2013. Heard back about first round interview at the end of January. First round interview consisted of firstly an interview about an Analytical Thinking Exercise we were given when we arrived and then a competency based interview. Both interviews lasted 30 minutes. Heard back a few days later about the second round interview. It consisted of 3 30 minute interviews which were a mix of technical and competency baed questions. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Where d o you see yourself in this company?   Answer Question

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Summer Operations Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1st interview was 30-minute face to face at Goldman Sachs.
The final interview is 3 x 30min back to back interview.

Interview Question – How do you deal with incomplete information?
Tell me a time when you took a risk?
What is 10% of 2 million?
What is the main product of the bank?
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in December, have been invited to the first round interview after 5 weeks, then after 3 days, I've been invited again to a second round interview, which consisted of 3:30 interviews with senior operations representatives. The first round interview (1:30) was very relaxed, questions were based on my CV, why ops and why GS!!! the questions of The second round interview were more specific (my advise is learn your CV and what u did in details) it's very important. I finally received an offer after 3 days.

Interview Question – I wrote a report within my degree about IKEA's operations so I have been asked how do you think IKEA controls its ops in order to deliver a product on time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you really want to have the position then accept it straight forward

Spring Program IBD Devision Interview

Spring Program IBD Devision

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I applied online during the first week of November. You will be asked to submit your resume and answer motivation/fit questions such as : Tell us about a time you showed leadership/teamwork skills ? Tell us something you are proud of ? What is your biggest achievement ?
The answers to these questions have word limitation restriction around 150 or 200. The first answers are received around the last of January or begining of February and they call you for an interview either live of by phone if you study outside the UK.

Interview Question – Telephone interview with an operationnal. She asked me the following questions :
- Tell me about yourself
- Why did you choose IBD over Trading or Sales or Consulting ?
- Is there a piece of news that you followed and you would like to speak about ?
- Tell me what do you do for fun ?
- Tell me about the summer internship experience you mentioned in your resume
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I applied in December, was called for my first interview fairly quickly. This was a one on one 30 min interview, purely fit 'talk me through your CV'. I had to wait nearly three weeks until they got back to me, I was invited to the final round which was three thirty minute interviews, a mix between fit and technical.

Interview Question – Unusual brain teaser   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Placement Interview

Technology Analyst Placement
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details – I had two rounds interview which are similar. In first round, there is exercises and then we need to explain our answers.

Interview Question – In technical question, they expect you to answer optimal solution. like in IQ test :D   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in October, interviewed in January, mainly competency based, nothing special, remember to keep up to date with financial news. The questions may varied depends on your past experiences, nothing unexpected. 1:2 interviews, they are nice.

Interview Question – Tell me some recent financial news   Answer Question

Operation Summer Analyst Interview

Operation Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in 二月 2014.

Interview Question – What would you say to me if you were working at Goldman Sachs and I was a customer wanting to invest in clean, renewable energy in a particular area and a I was contemplating collaborating with one of the main competitors of GS?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details – First round-1 30minute interview

Interview Question – Tell me a time you've had to break down complex info to convey it to others   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs