Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 2, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied with Cover Letter, and CV, got called to first interview a few weeks after (first session had 1 interview involved solving a logic/maths question, then talking about that question with an interviewer) Called to final round interview, 3x competency based interviews, although became quite technical due to points I had on my CV. (If you mention technical details on your CV prepare to talk about it)

Interview Questions

• You are working in a team, and one particular member is not pulling his weight, what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process for my division was rather long. One route was to go through the internship program where you spent 10 weeks on the trading floor meeting people and being quizzed. Another method was to interview and this was not particularly easy and also consisted of 10+ interviews in most instances.

Interview Questions

• Questions around markets both equities and fixed income.   Answer Question

Operations Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Sent off a cover letter and CV and was invited for an interview a month later. Standard competency based questions however I got asked about the logistical aspects of McDonald's and threats that the Post Office industry currently faces due to having worked part-time in both places. These questions were a little more difficult as I was not expecting them, however apart from these two it was fine. So far it's been 1 working day since the interview and I'm still waiting on a reply.

Interview Questions

• What issues does the Post Office industry currently face?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview was 30 mins long over the phone with a VP. It was a first round interview. Very warm interviewer. On top of asking about my cv and work background, he asked about my interests as well. The interview became more friendly as time passed but I had the feeling the first 5 mins of the interview are crucial, along the lines of walk me through your CV and the questions that follow depend on how well you present yourself and speak about experiences - I wasn't very well rehearsed so didn't ace this bit. As no technical questions were asked, I presumed that they make up their mind quite early in the interview.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

As the standard here for London office, the first step is a telephone interview since i was in London. Two days later, I had the final interview. After two week, I am still waiting for the response. I called them up asking why they didn't post the result yet. They told me to wait for another several weeks. They didn't say that they put me on hold. I'd love to know actually do anyone here receives the response already? The final interview is on March 27th Friday.

IT Placement Interview Interview

Interview

Went to an interview, did a test and got interviewed on it. Then I had one technical interview and another competency based interview. I then got invited to another interview and it was a round of 3 interviews. I never got an offer.

Spring Week Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I filled an online application - inputting previous work experience, submitting a cover letter, cv and current grades and i got invited through for interview. I was asked to arrive for the interview at the London office. They asked general competency and topical questions on the current state of the economy and banking industry.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions

• what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Brief talk with HR about what im currently doing and why im looking for another role. This was followed by Telephone screening with two people a week later as per my schedule.

Interview Questions

• General questions about supporting applications followed by general questions about the business.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview consisted of HR staff briefing me on the interview process and requirements. First round was a one on one interview with two senior Pharma analysts. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Questions included generic ones on my past work experiences, technical financial accounting questions and a stock pitch.

Interview Questions

• How many airplanes are in the sky above the UK at any given moment   1 Answer