Goldman Sachs

3.3

202 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience.

Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question
    Waiting for my final interview date.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Was contacted by HR (they had my details on file) and asked if I'd like to interview for an Analyst position.I believe this was part of their off-cycle intake.
    Interviews were 1:1, and back-to-back. No "surprise" or "trick" questions. Common sense dictates: know your stuff, inside out. Questions were slightly 'behavioural' in nature. All of my interviewers were very pleasant.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Interviewed on Java but work was entirely in Slang. Interview included puzzles, pair programming, algorithms rounds and a telephonic round. Interview exp was good. you get a good feel about the company but the work hardly involves any challenges at work. You main challenge is people and dealing with people politics.

Wealth Management Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First interview was conducted over the phone. Fairly standard questions: Tell me about yourself, Why should we hire you etc.
    Then I had 3 interviews 30 mins each in one day. Was questioned about various job/experience. They asked me to describe the role of a WMP.

The staff were very friendly and made me feel at ease.

HCM Summer(Teach First) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Application form was a simple 300 word covering letter + work experience history.

3 weeks later I was invited to first round interview. Typical 45 minute HR interview with a mixture of competency and knowledge type questions.

A week later I was invited to final interviews. 2 half-hour interviews with senior staff in HCM. First interview was more of a conversation with only one 'interview' style question and the rest was questions to the senior member and discussion of answers. Second interview was more technical regarding functions of HCM and ideas about issues in HCM.

A few days later I was informed of the offer and an opportunity for a full time offer if the internship goes well.

Interview Questions
    • Can you outline a particular issue facing HCM with regards to recruitment and your thoughts about how you might overcome this.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible but very fair wage.

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

An interviewer came to my university. I initially interviewed with him and 2 months later I got an e-mail saying that they were interested in a second round of interviews. They were 4 interviews of half an hour each over the phone. All the questions were fit and behavioral. A lot of them came based on my CV. They asked me if I had questions. I haven't heard back from them since the last round of interviews for more than a month, so I'm guessing I didn't make it.

Spring Week Intern - Global Investment Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First Step: Online Application with GPA, CV and Motivational Statement. Frist selection after that.
    Second Step: Telephone interview with a member of the division for about 30 minutes. First task to give a quick brief about my CV then on why I applied for Goldman, next step was to analyse a fictional company, then own questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine next years revenue of a german lock-company?   Answer Question

Analyst/Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

phone interview or a first interview with manager. then 2 whole days of back to back meetings with people of different areas. Long winded process. Be prepared to meet 12+ interviewers in a span of 2 days and in a short span of time. some questions are repeat as well. The company likes to think they are smart and they try to appear that way during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • questions are not unexpected the interviewer organization is unexpected   Answer Question
    detailed spreadsheet on expectations

Asset Management- Srats Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

The interview was quite generic mostly competency based incl.questions around finance, organisational skills, IT skills,interest in the company etc. Even though all the questions were answered no feedback was given of the reason of the rejection.

Junior FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Please note that this was for academic year 07/08.

Recruitment for the grad programme had already ended and I think they had lost a grad on the FX desk. They were trying to fill that place post initial recruitment. Therefore this may not have been the usual process. I had no HR/competency round.

First stage:
    I had 2 one-on-one interviews and a written numerical test.
    -Interviews were with members of the desk.

Second stage:
    I had 4 one-on-one interviews, again with desk members.
    -I was rejected after these but there may have been further stages.

I'm not sure whether it was a ploy or accidental but I asked each one of my 4 interviewers for water in the second stage. They all said somebody would bring it. No one did. Pretty annoying.

In my opinion, it was the 'right' kind of process. No nonsense 'blag-able' competency questions. Well, for the most part (there was one lady that did the whole 'what 3 words would your friends use to describe you?'). Very practical process, in general. Test of knowledge, ability and mettle. At least you could sleep happy knowing that the best man/woman for the job got it.

I was mostly tested on technical knowledge of the markets. There was one very tough interview where you had to do mental arithmetic under pressure. Unlike other companies asking you how you react to pressure, this one guy put you under it and saw how you reacted. Made sense. I'm very good at mental arithmetic (and could answer them if relaxed) but struggled when bombarded with difficult questions in the interview scenario. Fair play. It told him what he needed to know.

Interview Questions
    • All the interviewers had very different questions. The mental arithmetic under pressure was the hardest part.   Answer Question