Golf Galaxy Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.1

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in January 2012.

Called and scheduled an interview about a week after applying online. Met at the retail location with the General Store Manager. Asked questions about my previous experience, responsibilities, store volume, and employees I managed. The interviewer was professional but didn't seem to have all of my background correct even though he was looking at my resume. Be sure to stress a golf passion and ability to delegate.

Interview Questions

Wasn't the right fit. Pay was a bit low from what I was looking for.

Softlines Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in May 2013.

Interview with the store GM and second interview with the District Manager. This is a typical retail interview without any surprises. Each interview was conducted in a professional manner. I received the job offer and salary within one week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions are typical for the retail field. The questions focused on customer service, training, mentoring, cash handling and loss prevention. None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    The salary was above the retail average for our area and I didn't negotiate the number. The job offer was made soon after the district manager interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in June 2013.

Put the application online. A week later got a call for an interview. Interview just asked how well you worked with POS and selling retail. Got called for a second interview basically asking the same thing. Got a call telling me I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What comfortable are you selling all brands of golf merchandise?   View Answer
    none

Sales Manager Interview

There was only the one interview, but I was an internal promotion so there might be more for outsiders. The interview itself was an hour long and was with the district manager and the general manager of the store. They asked any number of questions about how I would improve the store and how I would change knowing that I would be transitioning from Player's Assistant to Sales Manager

I didn't negotiate because I was young and stupid, but I think I could have earned another 10% or so by fighting a little harder.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in May 2012.

Two interviews that were both very relaxed. I also had to take a computer assessment

Interview Questions
    None, I accepted the initial offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elkridge, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in April 2012.

I applied online and received a call asking to set up an interview in person. When I entered the store for the interview, I was greeted by generous employees. A manager named Troy interviewed me, and he was also respectful. We even talked about the Master's golf tournament. From what I remember, he asked four questions. Why Golf Galaxy? What is your current job? What is your previous work history? What is your availability? After that, there was a personality/skills test. It was about what you would do in hypothetical situations. I have no idea how I scored on the test. Within one week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I never negotiated, but I should have done that. If you have previous retail experience, then you should negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in October 2010.

Was called by Store Manager for interview, 1 on 1 with Store Manager, Interview with District Manager, Phone interview with Regional Manager. After 2 days was offered position by District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle customer issues while adhering to company guidelines.   Answer Question
    Salary based on past experience

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in June 2008.

Wanted to know my experience in a job related field

There was no negotiation process, took what I was offered.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in April 2010.

Sit down one on one. pleasent laid back. small test of knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you planto go in golf galaxy.   View Answer
    not much chance at negotiations

Sales Lead Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Golf Galaxy in February 2011.

Interviewed with the GSM (General Sales Manager). It was pretty easy. Just talked with him about work experience and what the position would entail. Later was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Golf Galaxy? Contribute to the Community!