Golin Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Golin in August 2014.

I applied online, heard back a month later. Had a phone interview, then was immediately asked to come in for an in-person interview. I met with three people while I was there, all nice women. The office in LA was very nice and located literally in the heart of the financial district. The interview experience was a good one. It felt a bit rushed because I could tell they were busy based on their comments.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths? What makes you a better fit for this position than other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Golin

Intern Interview

It was very friendly. They had us in private rooms and interviewers will rotate every 10 minutes. The rotation happens 4 times and you would meet employees from entry level positions to senior and managerial positions. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • After working in a team, what would you like their impression of you to be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Golin.

Had two rounds of interviews. One was with the VP and then with the Associates I would be working under. The initial screening is with the HR department and they definitely want people with previous internship experience. If you have that and can talk about it confidently, getting the job is easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golin.

Straightforward as far as PR internships go. Online application and several in person interviews at the office. Team was friendly and smart!

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Golin in January 2013.

It's a comfortable facility. I was greeted with warm smiles and anticipation. They offered me coffee and within a few minutes I was interviewed. Two people interviewed me. They only asked a few questions. They were basic straightforward. Both interviewees asked the same questions. I was expecting a different set of questions from each interviewee. I wonder what the reason was to ask the same set of questions. Overall, it was a pleasing experience. After the interview, I was led to another room where I took a 2 hour writing test. The test wasn't too hard, but if you have test anxiety issues like me then it will become difficult. There are three parts. The first is to write a press release. They give you a fact sheet to go by. The second part they test you on is your AP style and editing skills. They will have you edit a press release using AP style marks and the last one is to write a paragraph or two on your favorite color. 2 hours is a long enough time to take the exam, but I found the time went very fast because I'm nervous and over thinking everything. You have to really come prepared for the exam. You may have given a good interview, but the test is such a major factor in rather or not they will hire you as an intern. Be prepared to write a good press release, have prior knowledge of AP style marks, and know how to write well enough. If you fail or give a mediocre performance on the test, then it may kill your chances of getting the position. That's my advice. Take the test seriously!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The questions asked were simple.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Golin in July 2012.

Very relaxed company culture. Easy interviewing. They test your character fit and ability to speak coherently as you will be client-facing.

It was for an intern position, so there was no negotiating.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golin in January 2011.

Wasn't expecting to speak to seven different people during the interview process, so come prepared with MANY questions. Overall was a great experience to speak with everyone from AAE's to the VP.

Intern Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Golin in March 2010.

The interview was casual and brief

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Golin in May 2009.

The office manager called me up for an interview a few days after I had submitted my resume. On the day itself, I had to take a 45 minute long written test to test my language and thinking abilities. Following that, I was interview by two directors in 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

Worked for Golin? Contribute to the Community!