Golin Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I didn't have a phone screening because I had a connection through a past application. They have their top ~80 come in for a "blitz interview" where everyone sits in their own room and groups of 1-2 people come in to talk to you and ask you questions. Very casual but also intense because you need to be ready to have multiple conversations about yourself, the industry and the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Golin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The Speed Interview as they called it was a cool way for you to be able to meet a lot of different employees and from each of the different disciplines of their G4 Model. Interviewees were stationed in our own room, while the interviewers, usually two rotated to us for about four rounds.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Golin over the other agencies?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that would translate to what you would be doing at Golin?   Answer Question
    • What role on the G4 Model do you think fits you best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Candidates were invited in for a "speed dating" type of interview on one of two days. Each candidate had their own room, and employees rotated to each room. Candidates spoke with 4 rounds of 1-2 employees for 15 minutes, after a 30-minute introduction about the company and the internship program.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Golin.

Interview

They were very professional and made the interview process fun. All candidates were interviewed in two days in two groups, so it was nice to see other people in your position. You interview with 2-3 people at a time for 3-4 rounds. It made it hard to remember everyone's names, so make sure you write it down or ask for their card to write them thank you notes.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Golin (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, heard back a month later. Had a phone interview, then was immediately asked to come in for an in-person interview. I met with three people while I was there, all nice women. The office in LA was very nice and located literally in the heart of the financial district. The interview experience was a good one. It felt a bit rushed because I could tell they were busy based on their comments.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What makes you a better fit for this position than other candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was very friendly. They had us in private rooms and interviewers will rotate every 10 minutes. The rotation happens 4 times and you would meet employees from entry level positions to senior and managerial positions. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• After working in a team, what would you like their impression of you to be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Golin (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. One was with the VP and then with the Associates I would be working under. The initial screening is with the HR department and they definitely want people with previous internship experience. If you have that and can talk about it confidently, getting the job is easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Golin (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Straightforward as far as PR internships go. Online application and several in person interviews at the office. Team was friendly and smart!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Golin (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

It's a comfortable facility. I was greeted with warm smiles and anticipation. They offered me coffee and within a few minutes I was interviewed. Two people interviewed me. They only asked a few questions. They were basic straightforward. Both interviewees asked the same questions. I was expecting a different set of questions from each interviewee. I wonder what the reason was to ask the same set of questions. Overall, it was a pleasing experience. After the interview, I was led to another room where I took a 2 hour writing test. The test wasn't too hard, but if you have test anxiety issues like me then it will become difficult. There are three parts. The first is to write a press release. They give you a fact sheet to go by. The second part they test you on is your AP style and editing skills. They will have you edit a press release using AP style marks and the last one is to write a paragraph or two on your favorite color. 2 hours is a long enough time to take the exam, but I found the time went very fast because I'm nervous and over thinking everything. You have to really come prepared for the exam. You may have given a good interview, but the test is such a major factor in rather or not they will hire you as an intern. Be prepared to write a good press release, have prior knowledge of AP style marks, and know how to write well enough. If you fail or give a mediocre performance on the test, then it may kill your chances of getting the position. That's my advice. Take the test seriously!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The questions asked were simple.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Golin (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed company culture. Easy interviewing. They test your character fit and ability to speak coherently as you will be client-facing.

Negotiation

It was for an intern position, so there was no negotiating.