Golin Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Golin (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A little bit over the top with the group interviews. They do two separate ones with a ton of entry-level employee's to try and determine how you fit with the work organization.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was a speed interview process where you meet with 2 people at a time for 15 minutes each and you just talk. It goes by really quickly, and you start to repeat yourself over and over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I didn't have a phone screening because I had a connection through a past application. They have their top ~80 come in for a "blitz interview" where everyone sits in their own room and groups of 1-2 people come in to talk to you and ask you questions. Very casual but also intense because you need to be ready to have multiple conversations about yourself, the industry and the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The Speed Interview as they called it was a cool way for you to be able to meet a lot of different employees and from each of the different disciplines of their G4 Model. Interviewees were stationed in our own room, while the interviewers, usually two rotated to us for about four rounds.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Golin over the other agencies?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that would translate to what you would be doing at Golin?   Answer Question
    • What role on the G4 Model do you think fits you best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Candidates were invited in for a "speed dating" type of interview on one of two days. Each candidate had their own room, and employees rotated to each room. Candidates spoke with 4 rounds of 1-2 employees for 15 minutes, after a 30-minute introduction about the company and the internship program.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online before the deadline. Then it took about 3 weeks when I heard back saying that I was selected for their "blitz interview". After a 30min presentation about the company and their internship program, candidates were assigned to small meeting rooms and had very casual conversations with 1-2 employees every 15min. So in total I met 8 people. It was actually very fun meeting everyone and asking questions!

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Golin (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I used a connection I knew from college and she set me up with the interview, no official application. I met with two women at the same time who briefly asked about my background experience and gave me a quick intro to Golin and why they both loved working there. Nothing too difficult or surprising, very basic interview questions. It lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose PR and what is your favorite part of the role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Golin.

Interview

They were very professional and made the interview process fun. All candidates were interviewed in two days in two groups, so it was nice to see other people in your position. You interview with 2-3 people at a time for 3-4 rounds. It made it hard to remember everyone's names, so make sure you write it down or ask for their card to write them thank you notes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Golin.

Interview

Got a reply to my application one month after submitting. Had one intro call and they asked for some follow-up notes, then went dark. Totally dark. I got one single line response stating that the process was delayed a couple weeks internally. Two months, a handful of unanswered check-in emails later, and nothing. The issue here is the total lack of respect for a candidate you've already spoken with, and not having the respect to at least communicate whether the position was filled or they've cancelled it all together. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and soils the reputation of the recruiter and the company in a small community where reputation means a lot.

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Golin in November 2014.

Interview

Had a great in-person interview with several members of the team. They loved my experience and enthusiasm for the position. Left feeling as though I would be offered the position, then they went silent. I followed up several times via email and phone, with no response. A month of unanswered emails later, I finally hear that they have filled the position with a candidate that was friends with someone that worked there - even though I was more qualified for the position. Didn't appreciate the way they treated me after the interview and certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth.