GolinHarris

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at GolinHarris

Interview Details – It was very friendly. They had us in private rooms and interviewers will rotate every 10 minutes. The rotation happens 4 times and you would meet employees from entry level positions to senior and managerial positions. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – After working in a team, what would you like their impression of you to be?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at GolinHarris.

Interview Details – Had two rounds of interviews. One was with the VP and then with the Associates I would be working under. The initial screening is with the HR department and they definitely want people with previous internship experience. If you have that and can talk about it confidently, getting the job is easy.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with Radian6?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor/Senior Manager Interview

Account Supervisor/Senior Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GolinHarris.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to meet with a group of hiring managers. It's important to note that this was the second time I've been asked to meet with GolinHarris about an available opportunity. The first time, I had an excellent meeting but shortly after, the recruiter fell silent. I found out later that a freeze was placed on the search because they failed to obtain a client. A few years passed and I met with GolinHarris again. Like my previous experience, my impression of the interview process was again, less than stellar. After being told that I would be a "great fit", I met with a few of the hiring managers. Albeit, the meeting went very well but one of the people that was supposed to join us for the meeting flaked, resulting in them asking me to come in again when that person was available. Long story short, the second meeting never happened and after following-up, I received an email 2 weeks later where I was given a generic reason for the change of heart. Side note: These interviews are long, so be prepared. Both times were well over 2 hrs.

Interview Question – There weren't any "difficult" questions per se, but there were a lot of detailed questions where examples where required. Most questions that were asked were of average difficulty, some requiring slightly more thought than others. The interview felt very much like a conversation, but you definitely won't get away with giving throwaway answers.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at GolinHarris.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview with two people. The position wasn't fully established and it was apparent the hiring manager needed hand holding to be on time. The person was 25 minutes late to a phone interview and left me waiting in their office lobby for 1.5 hours for the interview. Completely unprofessional and rude. The person was a bit curt in the interview and at times combative and rude, as though they were interviewing me as a favor. They are very senior in the company and presumably very intelligent but gave me a very bad impression of GolinHarris.

I was also informed the previous person left the position because they worked 12-16 hour days because there was no management oversight of them or their workload.

I was also told that no one particularly cares about the NYC office and that priority is in Chicago.

Interview Question – Come up with a marketing strategy for a client's product on the spot.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GolinHarris in January 2013.

Interview Details – It's a comfortable facility. I was greeted with warm smiles and anticipation. They offered me coffee and within a few minutes I was interviewed. Two people interviewed me. They only asked a few questions. They were basic straightforward. Both interviewees asked the same questions. I was expecting a different set of questions from each interviewee. I wonder what the reason was to ask the same set of questions. Overall, it was a pleasing experience. After the interview, I was led to another room where I took a 2 hour writing test. The test wasn't too hard, but if you have test anxiety issues like me then it will become difficult. There are three parts. The first is to write a press release. They give you a fact sheet to go by. The second part they test you on is your AP style and editing skills. They will have you edit a press release using AP style marks and the last one is to write a paragraph or two on your favorite color. 2 hours is a long enough time to take the exam, but I found the time went very fast because I'm nervous and over thinking everything. You have to really come prepared for the exam. You may have given a good interview, but the test is such a major factor in rather or not they will hire you as an intern. Be prepared to write a good press release, have prior knowledge of AP style marks, and know how to write well enough. If you fail or give a mediocre performance on the test, then it may kill your chances of getting the position. That's my advice. Take the test seriously!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The questions asked were simple.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GolinHarris in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very relaxed company culture. Easy interviewing. They test your character fit and ability to speak coherently as you will be client-facing.

Negotiation Details – It was for an intern position, so there was no negotiating.

Billing Specialist Interview

Billing Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GolinHarris in February 2008.

Interview Details – Very simple interview, standard questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you faced a challenge at your previous job.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GolinHarris in July 2012.

Interview Details – Online application, 1 panel interview and 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GolinHarris in January 2011.

Interview Details – Wasn't expecting to speak to seven different people during the interview process, so come prepared with MANY questions. Overall was a great experience to speak with everyone from AAE's to the VP.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GolinHarris in May 2009.

Interview Details – The office manager called me up for an interview a few days after I had submitted my resume. On the day itself, I had to take a 45 minute long written test to test my language and thinking abilities. Following that, I was interview by two directors in 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – What attracted you to PR?   View Answer

Worked for GolinHarris? Contribute to the Community!