Good Shepherd Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Case Worker Interview

Case Worker
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Good Shepherd Services in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR interviews candate initially
during this interview applicant submits a writing sample
Then candidate is interviewed by several supervisors, each from a different department
This may mean that you interview four times in one day
 then you are called to interview with department head
then you may be offered position

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where a child is acting out and being violent to their parent?   View Answer

Advocate Counselor Interview

Advocate Counselor
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Good Shepherd Services in June 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Good Shepherd Services back in June 2006, actually (right after graduating from college). I submitted my resume and cover letter via mail (times were different back then) and heard back from the Program Director within 2 weeks. She asked me to come in for an interview the following week. The interview had your standard questions and some behavioral questions as well. I first interviewed with the Program Director and then the Principal of the school came in to interview me as well. (NOTE: if you are interviewing for a position within one of GSS' schools there is a great chance that you will be interviewed by the program director and the principal of the school because the school's are all partnerships between the Department of Education and Good Shepherd Services). Overall, the interview was a bit lengthy but a pleasant experience nonetheless.

Interview Question – What tactics would you use to motivate disconnected high school youth?   Answer Question

Worked for Good Shepherd Services? Contribute to the Community!