Good Technology

Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Good Technology in September 2011.

I was referred to the position by a friend of a friend. I contacted the recruiting agency and was setup with a phone interview by one programmer on the team that I now work with. They finally followed up with an in-person interview where I was met by the entire team in groups of 2 or 3 at a time. I was asked a series of technical questions that gauged knowledge relevant to the job position. A few management types also interviewed me to give me a high-level of the job role and what it's like to work for the company (no technical questions by them).

Interview Questions
    • They asked some questions about Winsock2 which I hadn't worked with in a few years, and I had failed to brush up on that before the interview, but I worked through it the best that I could.   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation. I was presented with an offer up-front and had to request a special exception to increase the salary I would start out with. I only managed to get about a 5% boost in their initial offer.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Good Technology.

Hiring Process: They had couple of open positions in different areas. But the job description given was not matching any of those open positions.

Phone Interview: With hiring manager. Felt like talking to a automated voice on the other end. Not friendly.

Onsite Interview: Had 4 rounds. One of the interviewer was rude. The moment I gave a wrong answer, interviewer started showing an unfriendly body language. As if he has rejected me at that point and don't care about what I think about them. After interview, I thought its good in a way I gave that wrong answer.

Questions were standard, I didn't brush up well for this interview, so its my (good) mistake.

Company culture on how they treat people matters a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Good Technology in April 2013.

Recruiter calls, sets up a phone interview. Phone interview was very well organized. Called on-site. On-site interview was very well-organized. Post-interview/offer process is a mess. Recruiter was snobby and kind of forced me to tell my current compensation details. He said "We will NOT proceed if you don't tell your compensation numbers". I haven't checked but it may very well be against the law to do so.

Recruiter played games. When he came to know that my current salary is very low, he started demeaning my current company and the job and talking highly about the new company. He kept on saying that your offer is being printed. He asked me to gather references but never asked for them. Excuses, Excuses and Excuses to delay giving me a written offer letter. First, their administrator was on vacation who would have typed the letter, then their EVP was travelling, then their administrator was in an orientation. Finally, they gave a verbal offer. They said, they will give the written in an hour but than they backtracked. At this time, I had have enough of them. I told them honestly and clearly about getting tired of the games they have been playing. Character is more important than any higher paycheck out there !

My advise to all the candidates out there is that don't base your decision based on my experience. If you like Good and the position - go for it ! But don't get into the trap. As a general rule:
    1. Never disclose your salary/compensation
    2. The recruiter never works for you - he works for the company and thinks for the good of it !
    3. Don't generalize my experience with other opportunities. The team I interviewed with seem bright and were all happy.
    4. If wealth is lost something is lost, if character is lost everything is lost !
    5. Don't sell yourself - you are not a resource ! You are a human being with a heart ! Work for a company that treats you like one.

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Good Technology in April 2013.

Had telephonic interview C++ good questions but pretty easy

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Good Technology in April 2013.

the interview and hiring process was seamless, the initial contact from the in house recruiter was professional and everything went quickly all the way through my first day of employment

the offer was great so there was no need to negotiate

Interview went very well

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Good Technology in December 2009.

Two rounds of phone screens on the same day, one with hiring manager and another with the Team member. After that called for in-person for just 45 min with the hiring manager and where she is busy with her system looking into emails and etc etc. she spared only few minutes to listen what I am saying and most of the time looking into her system. I lost the interest and quit.

Interview Questions
    • Concurrency in java and code producer consumer problem   Answer Question

Senior Direcctor Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Good Technology in June 2010.

Initial interviews are scheduled with junior staff.
    long delays in obtaining interview status
    from HR.
    HR dictates compensation and conflict w hiring unit .

Interview Questions
    • HR asked lowest compensation amount I would accept to take the job....it seemed an unprofessional question   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Good Technology.

Initial communication was over email via LinkedIn. I was contacted by a recruiter and then Began with several phone interviews. In all honesty, I had never heard of Good Technology before I was contacted. The phone interviews went well and this led to a 1/2-day in-person interview with 4 employees (from multiple departments). Since that went reasonably well, the final step was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. All in all, it was a favorable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not that the questions were difficult, but one of the interviewers was "less than seasoned" to put it politely. He seemed to be very mechanical in his interviewing style, exchanged NO pleasantries (not even a hello when he entered the room), and stared as his notes while seemingly reading predetermined questions for me to answer.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a "reasonable" offer.

Marketing Interview

Straight forward - expect to meet 3-5 people depending on level.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Do your homework and know the industry.   Answer Question