Good Technology

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Good Technology in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview went very well

Interview Question – Do you have any questions, several times.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

Interview Details – Recruiter calls, sets up a phone interview. Phone interview was very well organized. Called on-site. On-site interview was very well-organized. Post-interview/offer process is a mess. Recruiter was snobby and kind of forced me to tell my current compensation details. He said "We will NOT proceed if you don't tell your compensation numbers". I haven't checked but it may very well be against the law to do so.

Reason for Declining – Recruiter played games. When he came to know that my current salary is very low, he started demeaning my current company and the job and talking highly about the new company. He kept on saying that your offer is being printed. He asked me to gather references but never asked for them. Excuses, Excuses and Excuses to delay giving me a written offer letter. First, their administrator was on vacation who would have typed the letter, then their EVP was travelling, then their administrator was in an orientation. Finally, they gave a verbal offer. They said, they will give the written in an hour but than they backtracked. At this time, I had have enough of them. I told them honestly and clearly about getting tired of the games they have been playing. Character is more important than any higher paycheck out there !

My advise to all the candidates out there is that don't base your decision based on my experience. If you like Good and the position - go for it ! But don't get into the trap. As a general rule:
1. Never disclose your salary/compensation
2. The recruiter never works for you - he works for the company and thinks for the good of it !
3. Don't generalize my experience with other opportunities. The team I interviewed with seem bright and were all happy.
4. If wealth is lost something is lost, if character is lost everything is lost !
5. Don't sell yourself - you are not a resource ! You are a human being with a heart ! Work for a company that treats you like one.

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Good Technology.

Interview Details – Hiring Process: They had couple of open positions in different areas. But the job description given was not matching any of those open positions.

Phone Interview: With hiring manager. Felt like talking to a automated voice on the other end. Not friendly.

Onsite Interview: Had 4 rounds. One of the interviewer was rude. The moment I gave a wrong answer, interviewer started showing an unfriendly body language. As if he has rejected me at that point and don't care about what I think about them. After interview, I thought its good in a way I gave that wrong answer.

Questions were standard, I didn't brush up well for this interview, so its my (good) mistake.

Company culture on how they treat people matters a lot.

Interview Question – Questions were standard. Nothing new.   Answer Question

Farmers Branch, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Good Technology in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position by a friend of a friend. I contacted the recruiting agency and was setup with a phone interview by one programmer on the team that I now work with. They finally followed up with an in-person interview where I was met by the entire team in groups of 2 or 3 at a time. I was asked a series of technical questions that gauged knowledge relevant to the job position. A few management types also interviewed me to give me a high-level of the job role and what it's like to work for the company (no technical questions by them).

Interview Question – They asked some questions about Winsock2 which I hadn't worked with in a few years, and I had failed to brush up on that before the interview, but I worked through it the best that I could.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation. I was presented with an offer up-front and had to request a special exception to increase the salary I would start out with. I only managed to get about a 5% boost in their initial offer.

Worked for Good Technology? Contribute to the Community!