Good Technology

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Good Technology in October 2014.

I have never worked with a more thorough, thoughtful and considerate recruiter. From the beginning of the entire process until the end, he keep me in the loop at every turn. Starting with a phone screen where he really took to the time to understand what I was trying to accomplish with my search, what I was passionate about, this was awesome and a first. After my phone screen with the computer he scheduled a call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me questions about my previous work, what excited me about, what contributions I was most excited about, and he too wanted to know the purpose of my search and what I was trying to achieve. He asked me a few basic technical questions, but I got the sense that he was looking first for fit in terms of passion for the actual work.

The onsite interview took one day, took approximately four hours, and I meet not only with the entire team, but I also meet with the hiring manager and the VP. At each stage in the interview process the recruiter personally introduced me to each interviewer, it was great. I didn't feel like I was interviewing at all, but rather a guest in their home.

Interview Questions
  • I will not reveal the technical aspect of the interview, but I will suggest that the interviewers start with basics and gradually escalate the questions. For the questions I didn't know, they assume the role of a teammate and walked me through the problems until I grasped what they were looking for and solve it.   Answer Question
From the very beginning of the process the recruiter was transparent and candid. On the first call he asked me for my current salary, and the month and year of my last review. He asked me what I was looking for, then gave me the range of the position. At this point he acknowledged that I was above the range for the position. He asked if I was still interested in moving forward, and I told him I was. He told me candidly that he would do the best he could to get the approval to match my current salary, but that it wasn't a sure thing. The way he openly explained to me that the company was very conservative with their spending, and that they fiscally responsible. He said the company didn't want to be the start up that didn't make it, because they overspent.

At the offer stage they were unable to match my current salary, short roughly $5,000. I accepted the position anyway figuring I would make back over time as the result of my shorter commute, and the far more interesting work I would be engaged with.

Other Interview Reviews for Good Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Good Technology in April 2013.

Recruiter calls, sets up a phone interview. Phone interview was very well organized. Called on-site. On-site interview was very well-organized. Post-interview/offer process is a mess. Recruiter was snobby and kind of forced me to tell my current compensation details. He said "We will NOT proceed if you don't tell your compensation numbers". I haven't checked but it may very well be against the law to do so.

Recruiter played games. When he came to know that my current salary is very low, he started demeaning my current company and the job and talking highly about the new company. He kept on saying that your offer is being printed. He asked me to gather references but never asked for them. Excuses, Excuses and Excuses to delay giving me a written offer letter. First, their administrator was on vacation who would have typed the letter, then their EVP was travelling, then their administrator was in an orientation. Finally, they gave a verbal offer. They said, they will give the written in an hour but than they backtracked. At this time, I had have enough of them. I told them honestly and clearly about getting tired of the games they have been playing. Character is more important than any higher paycheck out there !

My advise to all the candidates out there is that don't base your decision based on my experience. If you like Good and the position - go for it ! But don't get into the trap. As a general rule:
    1. Never disclose your salary/compensation
    2. The recruiter never works for you - he works for the company and thinks for the good of it !
    3. Don't generalize my experience with other opportunities. The team I interviewed with seem bright and were all happy.
    4. If wealth is lost something is lost, if character is lost everything is lost !
    5. Don't sell yourself - you are not a resource ! You are a human being with a heart ! Work for a company that treats you like one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Good Technology.

Hiring Process: They had couple of open positions in different areas. But the job description given was not matching any of those open positions.

Phone Interview: With hiring manager. Felt like talking to a automated voice on the other end. Not friendly.

Onsite Interview: Had 4 rounds. One of the interviewer was rude. The moment I gave a wrong answer, interviewer started showing an unfriendly body language. As if he has rejected me at that point and don't care about what I think about them. After interview, I thought its good in a way I gave that wrong answer.

Questions were standard, I didn't brush up well for this interview, so its my (good) mistake.

Company culture on how they treat people matters a lot.

Interview went very well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Good Technology in September 2011.

I was referred to the position by a friend of a friend. I contacted the recruiting agency and was setup with a phone interview by one programmer on the team that I now work with. They finally followed up with an in-person interview where I was met by the entire team in groups of 2 or 3 at a time. I was asked a series of technical questions that gauged knowledge relevant to the job position. A few management types also interviewed me to give me a high-level of the job role and what it's like to work for the company (no technical questions by them).

Interview Questions
    • They asked some questions about Winsock2 which I hadn't worked with in a few years, and I had failed to brush up on that before the interview, but I worked through it the best that I could.   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation. I was presented with an offer up-front and had to request a special exception to increase the salary I would start out with. I only managed to get about a 5% boost in their initial offer.