GoodLife Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Trainer Interview

Personal Trainer
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in April 2014.

Interview Details – -did two interviews but pretty much got hired in the first one
-workplace seemed fun
-the interviewer was really heavily trying to convince me to be a part of the team and promising the amount of money I would make (very sketchy and convincing, I learned in the long run it was all a lie)

Interview Question – -some questions on anatomy
-execution of good form
  Answer Question

Fitness Advisor (Sales) Interview

Fitness Advisor (Sales)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone and the second one was in person with HR.

Interview Question – How would you handle someone who just said 'no' to purchasing a membership?   Answer Question

Motivator Interview

Motivator
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in April 2010.

Interview Details – Walked in with my resume; asked for the manager. Interview was set for the next day and lasted for 45-55mins

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They just told me what the hours and pay are. No negotiation

Fitness Advisor Interview

Fitness Advisor
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in September 2012.

Interview Details – -online
- phone interview
-one on one
-presentation

Interview Question – they make you read a script in the interview and expect you to memorize it in 30 sec   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – u get 13 to start

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in September 2013.

Interview Details – Goodlife has a formal interview process and makes sure to screen for the right candidate for the position by using a 3 step interview process. 1.) phone screen 2.) interview 3.) second interview with strategy and business plan. I found that they provided all the manuals and walk through as to what is expected during the interview process.

Interview Question – Goodlife likes to use behavioral based questions in interviews as they are hard to prepare for and show a sense of character by the response the candidate gives. I found that the most difficult question was what would you do if you had to hit your sales goal and you were behind but your shift has ended? They expect you to work to hit goals and will not pay overtime for staying late.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure your employment contract is looked at by a legal professional before signing. Also negotiate your salary since you will be working more hours than your salary will pay you for.

Membership Coordinator Interview

Membership Coordinator
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in October 2011.

Interview Details – 3 steps interview

Interview Question – weaknesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Membership Sales Interview

Membership Sales
North York, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview Details – Applied online, called into Eaton Center location Downtown TO, got 2nd interview with GM of prospective location, each lasted a while, asked to coming up with 5 ideas to get people to join the gym

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, base and commission is set

Front-Desk Receptionist Interview

Front-Desk Receptionist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in March 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly asked about customer service experience, was asked to give examples of how I solved certain difficult situations

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Fitness Instructor Interview

Fitness Instructor
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness in March 2008.

Interview Details – You audition and then do outside training.

Interview Question – No questions were required.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything

Promoter Interview

Promoter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GoodLife Fitness.

Interview Details – Laid back interview, typical interview questions and signed the paperwork.

Negotiation Details – We were told the base salary with no negotiation involved

Worked for GoodLife Fitness? Contribute to the Community!