Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners in July 2010.

Interview Details – I worked with a recruiter to get the interview with Goodby, they get many. many resumes so I was really pleasantly surprised to get an interview at all. The position is a very robust one with a lot of opportunity's to grow within that position. I met with several employees and they do a comprehensive job in the interviews. Be prepared to talk to why and how you got into advertising and explain why you left your previous positions.
Also be prepared to describe your "ideal job" and yourself to the interviewers.

Interview Question – Describe yourself.. tell me "who you are"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Everything points to no work life balance and that's something I'm not willing to give up to work at a advertising agency. I do understand that's the trade off in advertising sometimes BUT there are good shops out there that do respect their employee's home life and foster a healthy balance. I am ok with working a ton of hours sometimes, I get that it's ebb and flow - just don't want it to be the norm all the time.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Goodby, Silverstein & Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners Operations Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Goodby, Silverstein & Partners employees and interview candidates.