Goodgame Studios Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly quick and painless, there was a lull over the holidays (as expected) but we were in constant communication otherwise. After initial discussions, took a design test followed up by a Skype interview that was quite nice. The design test could have been a bit more tailored to the job description, but I felt as if it was the right amount of work.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward and topical to the position and culture. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward, met me in the middle. I'm happy.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Interview

Got in touch by the HR very quickly after I applied, the first interview was conducted by phone and the second one by Skype (but at the end by phone because of my Internet connection).The whole process went really well and I appreciate a lot how the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions

• Some unexpected questions (about the job) but I think that's a good thing.   1 Answer

Localization Tester () Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website and a member of HR contacted me that very same day, asking me to send him some of my certificates and diplomas. Afterwards, I took a test to prove my skills as localization tester. The test was not complicated, I had to translate a few strings of text and report some bugs.

We arranged a Skype interview one week later, with another member of HR and a member of the Localization department. They gave me some useful information, the interview itself was very smooth, I did not feel pressured at any moment and lasted a bit less than half an hour. The questions were mostly about my academic background and my interest in deciding to be a localization tester and career aspirations. I was accepted just the next day after the interview.

Communication was always smooth between HR members and I. I could tell from the job interview that the company is very professional while keeping a relaxed work environment at any time, something I appreciate a lot.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty much expected. If I had to say one, I would probably say if I had found any localization bugs in a game of the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

Very slow process that took months.

First I was contacted by one of their HR staff to apply for a position and I gladly said yes.
    After that they reviewed my profile, salary expectations and decided to send me a test.

The test required 8 hours to complete and it was timed. The test wasn't easy. And the time pressure didn't help. I invested a well deserved Saturday to complete the test.

After delivering the test, time passed. I asked the HR person who was assigned to me several times if they finally reviewed my test. That person failed to reply and they eventually assigned another HR representative.

Eventually, after some months passed I got a test review that I apparently failed. When I asked for feedback they didn't gave me any.

Honestly this is very disrespectful to people that apply to your company. If I did a test of 8 hours to prove my knowledge, the least I expect is to have a decent feedback meeting so I understand why the negative result.

I know competitors that do that and it is a rewarding experience.

considering how bad was the process, I believe that what really happened is that they lost my application and told me that I failed without even reviewing the test.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

Wir hatten ein Skype Interview, Sie haben mich punktlcih angerufen. Sehr freundliche und nette Leute, gute Atmosphäre. Sie haben mich nach allen Dinge gefragt, die ich schon gemacht habe. Nach dem Interview sollte ich auch einen knappen Test schreiben.

Interview Questions

• Welche Spiele spielst du? Was würdest du machen, wenn du einen unzufriedenen Kunden hättest?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

The all process has been fast, easy and friendly.
    I've been contacted by the HR a week after I've sent my CV and already had a Skype interview in one week.
    The interviewers were very nice and friendly, no pressure at all and the all talking was in English.
    The interview lasts about 40 minutes and then they have given me some questions via email to answer within an hour.

Special mention goes to their onboarding team! The girl they assigned to me has been very helpful and a wonderful guide during my first days in a new Country.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself and your previous experience in this field   1 Answer
    • What does this job means for you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a the job very fast, within 24h they contacted me again (maybe I was just very lucky !) and told me about the money.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

Pre-interview process is online test for which you have 30 minutes. On this test they will give you task/situation for which you have to write multiple answer depends on your experience

Interview Questions

• Write all test cases for certain situation   1 Answer

Client Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharkiv (Ukraine)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodgame Studios (Kharkiv (Ukraine)) in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly I was contacted via LinkedIn the process took around 10 weeks , The first interview was over the phone it was very professional and pleasant, after that I was asked to send my CV and my certificates as well as my salary expectations, after a week or so I received a online test which is consist of 23 questions with 2 hours time period.
    after finishing the test I was asked for Skype interview and it was very well prepared and very professional, At start I was nervous yet within 5 minutes all the nervous went away as the interviewers was very helpful and kind. after some days I was asked for another Skype interview and also was easy and fun. In the same day I received an offer and except it.

The people were very helpful and friendly and I feel very happy excepting the offer.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

I was first contacted by Goodgame's HR who noticed I could be a good fit for their Data Science team. After a preliminary call with HR I was invited to share my resume and undertake a brief intelligence test and a longer core competency test (R skills, excel skills). Having passed these, I then underwent a couple of calls with the data science lead + others to ask a range of high level questions about what I do, what I would like to do, with some specific drill-down into examples of the kind of projects I did lately. I also submitted a case study for them to analyse. After some days of consideration, an offer was made to join their data science team.

Interview Questions

• What distinguishes a data scientist from a data analyst? What motivates/de-motivates you? How do you tell if a regression model has been overfit?

The interviews ranged from straightforward to suddenly tricky, but most of all, the process had many steps and took some months, so patience is a good trait for applicants!

Answer Question

Negotiation

Goodgame asked me to submit a salary consideration, which I did. They came reasonably close to the offer and I accepted without further negotiation, being very excited by the role at this point.

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios (Bucharest (Romania)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a response being asked for a cover letter, some documents to get to know me and salary expectations.They got back at me sending me a skills test and programmed a Skype interview .

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience, my intentions and about various scenarios QA related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate I received an offer and accepted it.