Goodgame Studios Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Got in touch by the HR very quickly after I applied, the first interview was conducted by phone and the second one by Skype (but at the end by phone because of my Internet connection).The whole process went really well and I appreciate a lot how the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Some unexpected questions (about the job) but I think that's a good thing.   View Answer

Localization Tester () Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in August 2014.

I applied through their website and a member of HR contacted me that very same day, asking me to send him some of my certificates and diplomas. Afterwards, I took a test to prove my skills as localization tester. The test was not complicated, I had to translate a few strings of text and report some bugs.

We arranged a Skype interview one week later, with another member of HR and a member of the Localization department. They gave me some useful information, the interview itself was very smooth, I did not feel pressured at any moment and lasted a bit less than half an hour. The questions were mostly about my academic background and my interest in deciding to be a localization tester and career aspirations. I was accepted just the next day after the interview.

Communication was always smooth between HR members and I. I could tell from the job interview that the company is very professional while keeping a relaxed work environment at any time, something I appreciate a lot.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty much expected. If I had to say one, I would probably say if I had found any localization bugs in a game of the company.   Answer Question

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online – interviewed at Goodgame Studios.

During the hiring process all communication from the recruiting contact was prompt and very helpful. The overall feeling was friendly and this continued throughout the hiring process. Whenever I needed further information, my emails were answered promptly and with the information that I needed. It was an enjoyable process overall.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. In fact I felt over prepared during the interview.   Answer Question
    I felt that there was not a lot of room for negotiation.

Live Tester Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in October 2014.

I can't remember the exact date I applied for the job through a 3rd party website, but once Goodgame contacted me via e-mail about the position, the process for interview times and dates was quick. Obviously being in the UK and not in Hamburg, I was interviewed via phone at first towards the end of September, and again via Skype on October 8th. The contact on the emails was clear and concise, and both interviews were friendly and relaxed compared to some I've had! Once I finished the Skype interview on the Wednesday, I was contacted the day after regarding an offer, extremely quick!

Interview Questions
    • For myself, the most difficult was when asked about what I think would occur on a day to day basis in the job role. Coming from no previous experience with a games company, obviously I could only give an opinion on what I thought. The interviewers were both friendly and took time to let me know where I was right and wrong, letting me know more about the role (to make sure I want it and what I'd be getting in to).   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in October 2014.

Very user friendly interview. Good offer and conditions of work. I was unable to star immediately so it was proposed for me to start at later date without any problems. Communication was also good, all important things were explained clearly and in detail. Fast answers on additional questions during the process.

Interview Questions
    • Question about the most important thing in software testing :)   Answer Question

Lead Online Marketing Art Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios.

After a few mails from/to goodgame asking me about myself and if could be interested in the position, i make a test for them (very easy i think), i´have the opportunity to take a nice and pleasant skype interview with them. I was very nervous because it was mi first skype english interview (as not habitual nor native english, my proficency in such language is not as good as i wan to) but i felt good and they ve very kind about it. They ask mi about my background and specifically some aspects related to some key points of the position, beside some technical questions. The interview last for about 20-25 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Well, despite the fact that i´ve prepared other question ( more human recourses way i think now), they were kind and never felt that the questions was hard, difficult or something similar, just clear an easy to response ( i think). Maybe i felt that i cant explain as well as i wanted to do, because nervous mainly, but was my fault then.   View Answer

Goodgame Studios Response

Oct 10, 2014Press Officer

Dear applicant,

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate our application process.

We are glad that our efforts to make the application process as individual and easy going as
    ... More

Client Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Very nice and concrete e-mail contact. Good atmosphere at the office during the interview. Helpful people at every step. The Company Headquarters located in a quiet neighborhood. Quite good public transport to the place, but I would choose cycling as the best way to work. Could count on a reimbursement of the travel costs.

Client Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

The process took 6/7 weeks approximately: I was contacted through LinkedIn, then there were email exchange, a phone interview and a technical skype interview.
    Everything was done in a friendly way: they make you feel comfortable, especially if you don't speak English fluently.
    The core of the technical interview were my tech skills, some questions about projects which I have developed and teamwork organization.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected question. The only complication was given by my English not really fluently.   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

The interview process was just right. I was contacted through LinkedIn and we had some remote contact via email. There were some communication delays at first but when we got the pace it was really good. I had to complete a technical task and finally we had a call with a formal interview and a technical interview. They were really friendly in the interview and patient as I was nervous and the interview's language wasn't my main language; there were no pressure. They marked the appointments with the correct anticipation for everything. I had an offer just one day after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was questioned about some previous jobs with a short term work relationship.   Answer Question

Goodgame Studios Response

Oct 10, 2014Press Officer

Dear applicant,

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate our application process.

We are very glad that you have accepted our offer and that you found the application process
    ... More

PHP Backend Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

First I was contacted by a recruiter who asked for my resume, after it was reviewed, I solved a programming exercise and send it for review, later, I was asked for a couple documents to prove my education level, after that, I had a call from HR to do a more detailed screening, later I had a last conference with a HR representative and a member of the team where I might join, in this call I was asked about why I was interested in joining the company, about my experience in past jobs, as well as several technical questions and describe situations, processes or best practices employed. Later, the same day of the last interview, I got an answer from the recruiting process including a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about security best practices, what are they, and to provide some examples.   Answer Question