Goodgame Studios Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.9

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly quick and painless, there was a lull over the holidays (as expected) but we were in constant communication otherwise. After initial discussions, took a design test followed up by a Skype interview that was quite nice. The design test could have been a bit more tailored to the job description, but I felt as if it was the right amount of work.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward and topical to the position and culture. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward, met me in the middle. I'm happy.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Interview

Got in touch by the HR very quickly after I applied, the first interview was conducted by phone and the second one by Skype (but at the end by phone because of my Internet connection).The whole process went really well and I appreciate a lot how the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions

• Some unexpected questions (about the job) but I think that's a good thing.   1 Answer

Localization Tester () Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website and a member of HR contacted me that very same day, asking me to send him some of my certificates and diplomas. Afterwards, I took a test to prove my skills as localization tester. The test was not complicated, I had to translate a few strings of text and report some bugs. We arranged a Skype interview one week later, with another member of HR and a member of the Localization department. They gave me some useful information, the interview itself was very smooth, I did not feel pressured at any moment and lasted a bit less than half an hour. The questions were mostly about my academic background and my interest in deciding to be a localization tester and career aspirations. I was accepted just the next day after the interview. Communication was always smooth between HR members and I. I could tell from the job interview that the company is very professional while keeping a relaxed work environment at any time, something I appreciate a lot.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty much expected. If I had to say one, I would probably say if I had found any localization bugs in a game of the company.   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

Wasn't looking for a job or to relocate but was approached by their internal HR. Missed first informal call because didnt specifiy correc time. Arranged a skype interview and took a day off was ready earlier incase same time mistake was made again. Never got a call, interview had been cancelled their end due to something important coming up but failed to inform me. They wanted arranged to skype again, but I stopped the process then and there. Terrible first impression.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in June 2015.

Interview

First of all I have to send them a lot of documents about my degrees (titles, records, etc). After one intelligence test and other of personality, I was interview by two members of the data scientist team and the HR. The interview was mainly about my experience and previous work.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions about my experience, nothing technical   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

Very slow process that took months. First I was contacted by one of their HR staff to apply for a position and I gladly said yes. After that they reviewed my profile, salary expectations and decided to send me a test. The test required 8 hours to complete and it was timed. The test wasn't easy. And the time pressure didn't help. I invested a well deserved Saturday to complete the test. After delivering the test, time passed. I asked the HR person who was assigned to me several times if they finally reviewed my test. That person failed to reply and they eventually assigned another HR representative. Eventually, after some months passed I got a test review that I apparently failed. When I asked for feedback they didn't gave me any. Honestly this is very disrespectful to people that apply to your company. If I did a test of 8 hours to prove my knowledge, the least I expect is to have a decent feedback meeting so I understand why the negative result. I know competitors that do that and it is a rewarding experience. considering how bad was the process, I believe that what really happened is that they lost my application and told me that I failed without even reviewing the test.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

Wir hatten ein Skype Interview, Sie haben mich punktlcih angerufen. Sehr freundliche und nette Leute, gute Atmosphäre. Sie haben mich nach allen Dinge gefragt, die ich schon gemacht habe. Nach dem Interview sollte ich auch einen knappen Test schreiben.

Interview Questions

• Welche Spiele spielst du? Was würdest du machen, wenn du einen unzufriedenen Kunden hättest?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

The all process has been fast, easy and friendly. I've been contacted by the HR a week after I've sent my CV and already had a Skype interview in one week. The interviewers were very nice and friendly, no pressure at all and the all talking was in English. The interview lasts about 40 minutes and then they have given me some questions via email to answer within an hour. Special mention goes to their onboarding team! The girl they assigned to me has been very helpful and a wonderful guide during my first days in a new Country.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself and your previous experience in this field   1 Answer
    • What does this job means for you   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a the job very fast, within 24h they contacted me again (maybe I was just very lucky !) and told me about the money.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Interview

Pre-interview process is online test for which you have 30 minutes. On this test they will give you task/situation for which you have to write multiple answer depends on your experience

Interview Questions

• Write all test cases for certain situation   1 Answer

Client Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharkiv (Ukraine)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodgame Studios (Kharkiv (Ukraine)) in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly I was contacted via LinkedIn the process took around 10 weeks , The first interview was over the phone it was very professional and pleasant, after that I was asked to send my CV and my certificates as well as my salary expectations, after a week or so I received a online test which is consist of 23 questions with 2 hours time period. after finishing the test I was asked for Skype interview and it was very well prepared and very professional, At start I was nervous yet within 5 minutes all the nervous went away as the interviewers was very helpful and kind. after some days I was asked for another Skype interview and also was easy and fun. In the same day I received an offer and except it. The people were very helpful and friendly and I feel very happy excepting the offer.