Goodgame Studios

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.8

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Got in touch by the HR very quickly after I applied, the first interview was conducted by phone and the second one by Skype (but at the end by phone because of my Internet connection).The whole process went really well and I appreciate a lot how the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Some unexpected questions (about the job) but I think that's a good thing.   View Answer

Localization Tester () Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in August 2014.

I applied through their website and a member of HR contacted me that very same day, asking me to send him some of my certificates and diplomas. Afterwards, I took a test to prove my skills as localization tester. The test was not complicated, I had to translate a few strings of text and report some bugs.

We arranged a Skype interview one week later, with another member of HR and a member of the Localization department. They gave me some useful information, the interview itself was very smooth, I did not feel pressured at any moment and lasted a bit less than half an hour. The questions were mostly about my academic background and my interest in deciding to be a localization tester and career aspirations. I was accepted just the next day after the interview.

Communication was always smooth between HR members and I. I could tell from the job interview that the company is very professional while keeping a relaxed work environment at any time, something I appreciate a lot.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty much expected. If I had to say one, I would probably say if I had found any localization bugs in a game of the company.   Answer Question

Game Client Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios.

The communication started from linkedin. After that I had a phone interview with human resources and later I had to take an online test with a lot of theoretical questions about programming in general and game programming and just a few questions where I had to write some lines of code. The third part of the process was going to Hamburg for face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • there was not a specific difficult or unexpected question. In the online test I didn't know all the answers and in the final interview they questioned me about a couple of them that I didn't answer as I should.   Answer Question

Localization Tester Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2014.

I applied online via Goodgame Studios' website on a Friday and immediately received a confirmation email about my application being processed. The following Monday I was contacted by HR and was asked to give additional information such as earliest start date and salary requirements. Then HR scheduled a test for me on Friday of the same week. The test consisted in a few strings which had to be translated, and a linguistic bug that had to be identified and reported. The test should not be a problem if you already have previous experience in Localization QA.

Two weeks later HR recontated me to schedule a date and time for a Skype interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was conducted by 2 members of HR and 1 Localization Manager. The interviewers were professional yet friendly and asked me questions related to my previous professional experiences, why I want to work for Goodgame Studios or what is expected of a Localization Tester. They also gave me a lot of information about the company and kindly answered all the questions I had prepared. It was a nice talk.

6 days after the interview, I was offered a position which I accepted.

Overall, the whole process was very smooth, fast and efficient. And I think that the thing I appreciate the most about this hiring process is that my experience as well as my personality were both valued. Definitely a very positive experience!

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing really difficult or unexpected. Just very straightforward questions that should be expected during any job interview (past professional experiences, knowledge of the tasks related to the job, motivation, knowledge of the company, personality, ...).   Answer Question

Senior Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

They found me on linkedIn and asked me to contact them via email after a few email the asked to have a telephone interview, they set the time with me and someone from HR called me, the call was very nice, nothing too complicated and the interviewer had great attitude, then they asked for some documents which I provided and after a while they replied that they cannot employ me in short term.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about CI (Continuous Integration) and unit testing.   Answer Question

Localization Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios.

Goodgame Studios responded very quickly to my application letter. They sent me a short test that tested the skills needed for the position I was applying for. After reviewing the test, they invited me for a skype interview. I found the interview, with a department lead and a HR representative, very pleasant and casual. The interviewers asked relevant questions about me and why I wanted to work for Goodgame Studios. They were also happy to answer any questions I had about the company and the position. The interview went very smoothly and the interviewers did not make me feel nervous or uncomfortable for even a second. After the interview I had the feeling that this was a company with young and talented employees with a very pleasant/appealing work culture.

Interview Questions
    • Not a lot of difficult questions. Questions about what the job I was applying for would entail exactly and what I thought I would be doing during a workday, were somewhat tricky.   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in November 2014.

I've found a link on the position on one of the professional discussion groups. I've submitted my CV and shortly got a response from HR with few questions concerning my experience and skills. After about 10 days i've got a letter where they asked me to perform a test task. The task has had a moderate difficulty, and tooks 3-4 evenings to solve it. In a week after they mailed me that I'm invited for a Skype video interview. It tooks 30 minutes. HR manager and two senior developers were talking with me. No specific questions were giving, just general topics about my willing to change a job, my experience, my tasks and solutions which i had deal with.

Client Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in November 2014.

I used the online form at Goodgame Studios website to apply for the job. I was contacted after 10 days and was asked to send some extra documents to the recruiter. After a few days I was contacted and took a online test. The test was not very hard but you have to finish under 2 hours so I had to think very quickly about the 5 or 6 last questions. In a few more days I was contacted for a personal interview. The recruiters let me reschedule the original interview date to fit my needs which i appreciated. The interview was professional and the interviewers were well prepared (they saw my portfolio and even installed some games from it). The decision about hiring me came after 2-3 work days.

Interview Questions
    • watch the time limit carefully in the online test so you have enough time to answer all the questions.   Answer Question

Frontend Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Goodgame Studios in November 2014.

I found out about the company over a friend of mine. He knew I was all about Germany and said that I should go for it. A couple days later, after I applied, I received an answer with a few basic questions and some minor requirements in terms of documents since I applied outside EU.

Next step was to undergo a test that was limited by time. It wasn't hard, but the time frame was there to make it harder.

After receiving a positive answer we scheduled a video interview. Nothing sounded difficult or unexpected. Questions regarding certain situations with colleges were interesting. It was nothing that I came across in my career so it was a bit of a "what if" scenario. Putting yourself into perspective, so to say. Conversation was very relaxed, casual but yet professional. I had a very positive experience and thoughts about the people I talked to.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult or unexpected, but just a questions related to situations I never experienced.   Answer Question
    Everything went through email and pretty much was well thought of and didn't require much negotiation. Company was very helpful with their team in charge of the process.

Junior Customer Service Representative (Arabic) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodgame Studios in November 2014.

I first applied for the position through the company's career portal. After a while, I was contacted by an HR representative with inquiries about my suitability for the position and willingness to relocate. After my replies were processed, I was put in touch with the HR officer responsible for the filling of the specific position, who was extremely helpful in clarifying all of my initial inquiries, and reviewed my application package extremely quickly.

Within a few days time I was contacted with a date for the preliminary phone interview. All the questions during the phone interview were very clear and to the point, ensuring to encompass the exact reach of the position I applied for. After the interviewer's questions had finished, I was given plenty of time to inquire about all the things I might have been unclear about. Overall the phone interview was very pleasant and engaging. Within hours of the phone interview, I was contacted by the initial HR representative via phone and informed I had made the cut for the secondary interview over Skype and was given a skills-based test. The Skype interview was detailed but felt more like a friendly business meeting wherein both sides came to understand each others' interests, and my suitability for the position was evaluated. This interview was administered by the HR officer and the hiring manager, both being extremely engaging and willing to answer any questions.

By far, this was one of the most pleasing interviewing processes I have undertaken.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you imagine your average working day would be like here?"   Answer Question