Goodman Masson Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodman Masson

Consultant Interview

3 Interviews. With CEO, Senior Management and Manager. 2 week process.

No negoiation

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goodman Masson in January 2013.

Messed up. Brought in to the office in January. Met three senior managers and was told I had the job. Called a week later and told the job was not available until April. Called in march and told that my job was no longer available and could I come in for further interviews. Had more interviews offered a job. Started in April then told to leave to weeks later despite topping he company league table in terms of kpi. Ridiculous reason given for termination. Company may be under some trouble.....

Interview Questions
    • Prepare with all the usual questions. Why do you want to work in recruitment etc.   View Answer
    Took over four months to have something in place. A lot of the staff are secretly unhappy. Several mentioned leaving

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodman Masson in December 2010.

My CV was put forward for this role by a recruiter who had previously put me forward for other similar roles. Goodman Masson responded quickly expressing interest and looking to arrange an initial phone interview. The phone interview was arranged quickly and easily for a few days later giving me time to prepare. My potential line manager rang at the agreed time and the conversation was friendly, lasting about 30 minutes, after which he invited me to their offices for a face-to-face interview.

My 1:1 interview took place a few days after the phone call. It lasted about 2 hours and was more hostile that the original phone call despite being conducted by the same person. Questions were fired off quite quickly and a number were pretty intrusive, e.g. the size of my savings account as a measure of how well (or not) I had done in previous roles. During the interview it also transpired that the position available was completely different to the one sold to me (and my external recruiter), i.e. handling temporary placements not permanent ones and in a completely different market sector to the one I had knowledge of. At the end, my interviewer stated that he wanted a colleague to meet me too. I waited about 10 minutes for his colleague to arrive and interview me. This interview consisted of him talking at me for 35 minutes and only asking me three questions!

Despite my and my (external) recruiters best efforts, over a two week period, we never managed to get a response as to whether I had been successful or not. Goodman Masson did not even show basic courtesy by sending a one line email to inform me that I hadn't got the role...and to this day, still haven't.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain why you only achieved a 2:2 at university given that since then you have had a successful career?   Answer Question