Goodmortgage.com Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodmortgage.com

Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodmortgage.com.

Interview

I sent my resume' to an advert I saw on a website that was looking for mortgage loan originators, despite not having much of a clue what exactly that meant. Shortly thereafter I received a call from HR, spoke for about half an hour, then was asked to come in for an interview. I was given the tour, sales pitch of the company, etc., but then came a curveball: the rest of the interview involved my future manager explaining why people should not take this job. While it turns out that I was actually cut out for the position, any job that spends so much energy explaining why the job is horrible, is probably horrible. This company hires completely inexperienced people, barely trains them, racks up thousands of dollars in debt for licensing, then tosses them in the pool to either sink or swim. Even those who do not sink wind up leaving the company because the inhospitable office space is an excellent cube farm of depression. In summary, the interview was easy because the job is terrible, a job to which no informed person should subject themselves. Avoid this company at all costs, unless you enjoy working with a bunch of crabby, miserable, old people who look as if their lives have already passed them by.

Interview Questions

• The interview played out more like a conversation than an interview. In fact, I really just spoke with HR and my manager for about an hour respectively, then was offered a position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time it seemed too easy. In hindsight, there was a reason for the ease of the interviewing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodmortgage.com (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Lunch with HR/Recruiter and offered employment right away. Recruiter was very friendly and personable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodmortgage.com (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

I responded to an online advertisement offering a salary and commission for the position of Loan Originator. Replied as instructed with my resume and cover letter. Was contacted by their recruiter and scheduled a 1:1 interview. Once in the interview it was explained that one would only receive the portion of commissions that actually exceeded the salary paid. (this is more accurately described as a non-recoverable draw). The interview is a typical hyped up version of the fantastic work environment and high income of the current sales people. Everything you would expect from a Sales Organization....most information is embellished in an effort to gain your trust and build your enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation at all with this company at any phase: from pre-employment to actual employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodmortgage.com (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I found Goodmortgage.com on the Internet while searching for a job as a mortgage loan officer (MLO). I was not aware of them prior to performing my search. I was interested in applying with them because I was attracted to their brand. They appeared to be a company that cared for their employees and their reputation. Since I was not a licensed MLO and had never worked in the industry, I called to ask a few questions. The HR manager was pleasant, patient, and answered all my questions. Since I was going to be in Charlotte to take a mortgage licensing class, she asked me to stop by to interview with them. I briefly interviewed with the HR manager and afterward, with the training manager who was pretty direct. Both of whom turned out to be very genuine individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of any sort. They explained what the salary is (which is rare in the mortgage industry) and they explained their compensation structure. Being new to the business, I felt the compensation was fair.

Processor Interview

Interview

Sat down with CEO and Processing Manager. Pretty simple interview.

Negotiation

not much negotiation.

Loan Originator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodmortgage.com in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interveiw.

Interview Questions

• Since I don't have a mortgage background, what would make me a good fit with Goodmortgage/   Answer Question