Goodrich Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Diego, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the job through the corporate website some time in January. Scheduled and received a phone interview asking basic questions. Two weeks later, received an e-mail scheduling a panel interview. Panel interview was between two hiring managers and a HR rep. Questions were mostly technical, and was surprised about the lack of questions about traits that would make a good engineering employee. Expected a lot of knowledge for an entry-level job.

Interview Question – Presented a part with forces applied to it. What types of failure would you expect to see?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Pueblo, CO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in April 2009.

Interview Details – phone screen, face to face panel

Interview Question – how do you handle problem employees?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Chula Vista, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very technical interview. Oral test interview.

Interview Question – What it is the benefit of roll back in sheet metal fabrication?   View Answers (2)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Opa Locka, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via LinkedIn by a GR recruiter who asked if I would consider opportunities with their company. She passed my information on to the local hiring manager who set up a 1-hour phone interview with a group of employees. The phone interview focused mainly on my personality and how I would react in certain situations, rather than my skill set. About 3 days after my phone interview, a recruiter in NC contacted me to schedule an on-site interview with the same group of employees. The on-site interview lasted about 1. 5 hours. They asked more technical questions, asked me to reiterate ro elaborate on some of the responses I gave over the phone and gave me a tour of the facility. I received an electronic offer letter about 3 days after that.

Interview Question – What would you do if your managment asked you to do somethign unethical?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer provided by Goodrich was electronic and only allowed me to accept or reject, so I contacted HR about the negociation process. They told me to reject the on-line offer and send a counter offer to local HR and the hiring manager to review. About 2 days later, I received a new offer that was acceptable. They did not meet all of my demands, however they were able to negociate some other beneifts to make up the difference.

Electronic Engineer Interview

Electronic Engineer
Burnsville, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in December 2008.

Interview Details – Mostly 1:1 interviews, some 1:2-3.

Interview Question – They were all personality questions since I was an intern previously.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary since this was my first job. You can negotiate salary but not vacation days.

Design Engineer IV Interview

Design Engineer IV
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and an in-person interview. People were very nice and pleasant to deal with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – upped the offer 2%

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – A panel of 4 people interviewed me from their finance group. The first phase of the interview consisted mainly of the usual personal questions, asking about strengths and weaknesses, conflicts I had overcome, times I had messed up. The second phase moved into more concrete questions including questions about the variance between income and cash flows from a project at the middle and end, cash conversion ratio definition, ways to increase project cash flow, causes for sales forecasts to be off. Finally, I was given an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Question – Define the cash conversion ratio.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in May 2008.

Interview Details – Brought in for tour of facility and basic questioning- asked for example of working through adversity on a group project, leadership experience anecdote, and description of any personal or academic projects. No brain teasers or math questions were asked... very straight forward interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were challenged academically and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Design Engineer IV Interview

Design Engineer IV
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – This was first round of interview some questions on your previous work experience

Interview Question – Salary expected   View Answer

Commodity Administrator III Interview

Commodity Administrator III
Chula Vista, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodrich Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by HR for a pre-screening, going over very basic skill sets and salary requirements. I was contacted again by phone and a panel phone interview was set up for seven days from the date of request. I interviewed with 3 people (all managers) was supposed to be 4. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and was a "real" screening of skills. About 15 minutes into the 30 minute interview, I was asked if I would come in for face to face. The phone interview consisted of questions regarding my experience levels with purchasing, planning, supplier relations and negotiations. The questions asked me played to my strengths so it went very well. The panel interview was much tougher. There were 4 (supposed to be 5) interviewers. The questions were much more direct and you needed to have specific answers to real experiences you have had. The questions were the " give a specific example of when..." The ones that come to mind were: Lifting morale, step by step process for bid package, beating a deadline, creating a process etc. There were several questions on Lean manufacturing and Kaizan events.

Interview Questions

• Take us though a detailed step by step process for putting together a bid package   Answer Question
  • tell us about any Lean Manufacturing principles you have knowledge of and used at your previous employment   Answer Question