Goodrich

Goodrich Interview Questions

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodrich in June 2010.

Standard process of meeting the departments.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation, but it was a fair package.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodrich in June 2010.

Nothing out of the ordinary. A group of people were there waiting to be toured in the building. Asked what projects I worked on in school, asked about projects I listed in my resume. We each interviewed with a team we would be potentially working with. Each asked about the same things on the resume and wanted to know if you would be a fit on their team.

Interview Questions
    • You say you worked on project X, tell me more about it.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodrich in May 2010.

General interview questions about expectations and experience. Mostly focused on CAD skills. A good deal of time was spent on describing the type and history of the product produced. They indicated they were looking for a long term career oriented person and not a temporary worker. They indicated they had a good benefits package.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodrich in March 2010.

Very technical interview. Oral test interview.

Interview Questions
    • What it is the benefit of roll back in sheet metal fabrication?   View Answers (2)

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodrich in November 2009.

Initial interview was over the phone. There was either four of five people on a conference call from different expertise. Each one had a list of questions which I tried to answer as thoroughly and honestly as possible. After that interview, I was called within a few days for a second interview. They flew me from Florida to Arizona for a in person interview. This time there was 3 people interviewing actually a fourth was the Vice President who came in and also asked a few questions. I must had answered all of the questions to their liking, because within a week of returning home, I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you were brought into a situation where you were able to succeed when others had failed.   Answer Question
    They made a good respectable first offer. Counter offer was accepted.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodrich in September 2009.

Was contacted by phone for a phone interview. That followed up with a group panel interview and then was eventually made an offer of employment. The process went fairly smoothly and took about 2 months to complete.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult interview questions. It seemed like the interviewees were very busy and asked a few questions and that was it. I was surprised the interview was not more in depth for this position.   Answer Question
    Unfortunately I didn't negotiate and just accepted what they offered. In hindsight, I probably should have tried to negotiate a higher salary and more vacation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodrich in August 2009.

My interview was for a contract position in the verification area. It was real straight forward. I was asked basic questions about my background and then was asked about DO-178B verification type questions. An example is "What is the difference between a Normal test case and Robust test case?"

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions asked given the position I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodrich in June 2009.

Interviewing numerous candidates 15 minutes at a time.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodrich in April 2009.

phone screen, face to face panel

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goodrich in April 2009.

1. Meet with reporting manager to discuss the position and ensure good fit
    2. Meet with 2nd level manager to discuss interest in position and my background
    3. Meet with 3rd level manager to review experience and interest
    4. Meet with HR for final screening
    The entire process was completed in the same day. All meetings were one on one and not a group setting like some interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a challenging situation you encountered in your previous job and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question