Goodrich

Goodrich Interview Questions

2.8

Commodity Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodrich in June 2010.

Initially contacted by HR for a pre-screening, going over very basic skill sets and salary requirements. I was contacted again by phone and a panel phone interview was set up for seven days from the date of request. I interviewed with 3 people (all managers) was supposed to be 4. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and was a "real" screening of skills. About 15 minutes into the 30 minute interview, I was asked if I would come in for face to face. The phone interview consisted of questions regarding my experience levels with purchasing, planning, supplier relations and negotiations. The questions asked me played to my strengths so it went very well. The panel interview was much tougher. There were 4 (supposed to be 5) interviewers. The questions were much more direct and you needed to have specific answers to real experiences you have had. The questions were the " give a specific example of when..." The ones that come to mind were: Lifting morale, step by step process for bid package, beating a deadline, creating a process etc. There were several questions on Lean manufacturing and Kaizan events.

Interview Questions
    • Take us though a detailed step by step process for putting together a bid package   Answer Question
    • tell us about any Lean Manufacturing principles you have knowledge of and used at your previous employment   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodrich in June 2010.

Nothing out of the ordinary. A group of people were there waiting to be toured in the building. Asked what projects I worked on in school, asked about projects I listed in my resume. We each interviewed with a team we would be potentially working with. Each asked about the same things on the resume and wanted to know if you would be a fit on their team.

Interview Questions
    • You say you worked on project X, tell me more about it.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodrich in May 2010.

General interview questions about expectations and experience. Mostly focused on CAD skills. A good deal of time was spent on describing the type and history of the product produced. They indicated they were looking for a long term career oriented person and not a temporary worker. They indicated they had a good benefits package.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodrich in March 2010.

Very technical interview. Oral test interview.

Interview Questions
    • What it is the benefit of roll back in sheet metal fabrication?   View Answers (2)

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodrich in November 2009.

Initial interview was over the phone. There was either four of five people on a conference call from different expertise. Each one had a list of questions which I tried to answer as thoroughly and honestly as possible. After that interview, I was called within a few days for a second interview. They flew me from Florida to Arizona for a in person interview. This time there was 3 people interviewing actually a fourth was the Vice President who came in and also asked a few questions. I must had answered all of the questions to their liking, because within a week of returning home, I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you were brought into a situation where you were able to succeed when others had failed.   Answer Question
    They made a good respectable first offer. Counter offer was accepted.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodrich in September 2009.

Was contacted by phone for a phone interview. That followed up with a group panel interview and then was eventually made an offer of employment. The process went fairly smoothly and took about 2 months to complete.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult interview questions. It seemed like the interviewees were very busy and asked a few questions and that was it. I was surprised the interview was not more in depth for this position.   Answer Question
    Unfortunately I didn't negotiate and just accepted what they offered. In hindsight, I probably should have tried to negotiate a higher salary and more vacation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodrich in August 2009.

My interview was for a contract position in the verification area. It was real straight forward. I was asked basic questions about my background and then was asked about DO-178B verification type questions. An example is "What is the difference between a Normal test case and Robust test case?"

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions asked given the position I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodrich in June 2009.

Interviewing numerous candidates 15 minutes at a time.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodrich in April 2009.

phone screen, face to face panel

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goodrich in April 2009.

1. Meet with reporting manager to discuss the position and ensure good fit
    2. Meet with 2nd level manager to discuss interest in position and my background
    3. Meet with 3rd level manager to review experience and interest
    4. Meet with HR for final screening
    The entire process was completed in the same day. All meetings were one on one and not a group setting like some interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a challenging situation you encountered in your previous job and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question