Goodrich Interview Questions & Reviews in San Diego, CA

3.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodrich in January 2012.

I received an email with the typical HR questions regarding skills, salary requirements, relocation, etc. Then recruiter set up a phone interview with hiring manager. I got a conference call phone interview with two hiring managers. Few days later, I got a call from recruiter to set up actual interview on site. It was a panel interview with 3 employees from the group and an HR recruiter. The interview was very in-depth and lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. It asked for a lot of examples of things. There were a lot of questions though.   Answer Question

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Goodrich in June 2011.

Phone screen with HR, professional, later set up for a phone screen with the hiring manager. Interview was at least 20 minutes, contacted by HR and scheduled for an in house interview a panel of five, contacted for an extended phone interview, it has been 3 weeks of silence.

Interview Questions
    • What is ramp rate?   View Answers (2)
    • How would you handle a supplier that have a contract of 60 days call and tell you they cannot get the products to you for 120 days, how would you handle it?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodrich in February 2011.

Applied for the job through the corporate website some time in January. Scheduled and received a phone interview asking basic questions. Two weeks later, received an e-mail scheduling a panel interview. Panel interview was between two hiring managers and a HR rep. Questions were mostly technical, and was surprised about the lack of questions about traits that would make a good engineering employee. Expected a lot of knowledge for an entry-level job.

Interview Questions
    • Presented a part with forces applied to it. What types of failure would you expect to see?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodrich in March 2010.

Very technical interview. Oral test interview.

Interview Questions
    • What it is the benefit of roll back in sheet metal fabrication?   View Answers (2)

Design Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodrich in August 2010.

2 phone interviews and an in-person interview. People were very nice and pleasant to deal with.

upped the offer 2%

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodrich in August 2010.

A panel of 4 people interviewed me from their finance group. The first phase of the interview consisted mainly of the usual personal questions, asking about strengths and weaknesses, conflicts I had overcome, times I had messed up. The second phase moved into more concrete questions including questions about the variance between income and cash flows from a project at the middle and end, cash conversion ratio definition, ways to increase project cash flow, causes for sales forecasts to be off. Finally, I was given an opportunity to ask questions.

Design Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Goodrich in July 2010.

This was first round of interview some questions on your previous work experience

Commodity Administrator III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodrich in June 2010.

Initially contacted by HR for a pre-screening, going over very basic skill sets and salary requirements. I was contacted again by phone and a panel phone interview was set up for seven days from the date of request. I interviewed with 3 people (all managers) was supposed to be 4. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and was a "real" screening of skills. About 15 minutes into the 30 minute interview, I was asked if I would come in for face to face. The phone interview consisted of questions regarding my experience levels with purchasing, planning, supplier relations and negotiations. The questions asked me played to my strengths so it went very well. The panel interview was much tougher. There were 4 (supposed to be 5) interviewers. The questions were much more direct and you needed to have specific answers to real experiences you have had. The questions were the " give a specific example of when..." The ones that come to mind were: Lifting morale, step by step process for bid package, beating a deadline, creating a process etc. There were several questions on Lean manufacturing and Kaizan events.

Interview Questions
    • Take us though a detailed step by step process for putting together a bid package   Answer Question
    • tell us about any Lean Manufacturing principles you have knowledge of and used at your previous employment   Answer Question

Worked for Goodrich? Contribute to the Community!