Goodwill Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.4

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Was called soon after I applied and invited to job fair to interview with several people for a position in one of their local stores. Everyone I spoke to was nice and pleasant and really seemed interested in my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good, options of a few stores to work at and salary needs were met.

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

quick and efficient interviews. Proper questions asked. No personal questions asked. Very polite, sharing what the job consist of and expectations of the position. Great knowledge of company and all the benefits they offer. Shared history and planed goals for future.

Interview Questions

• past issues with top management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy and comfortable.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Done by store manager. She admitted she hates to do any HR. I only got the job because I pestered her for three weeks. After hired, I became the HR manager because I am able to actually interact with other humans.

Interview Questions

• None. She read from a script and with a good imagination, I became a superstar.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. I needed a job. Things are tough here in Maine!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodwill (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for an assistant manager position but they offered me an associate position. I received a phone call telling me to come in for the interview, I interviewed and was told to wait for a response. I received a phone call tell me I was hired if I still wanted the job. The offer was for an associate position at the donor door securing the donations.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in February 2014.

Interview

Two telephone interviews. Then interview with retails ales department. Then interview with HR and Director of Operations. Common interview questions. Why Goodwill? Describe your typical workday.

Interview Questions

• How did you help a co worker advance within the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodwill (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was promoted to asst after four years of working as a production clerk. There was not an interview at that time. Only an additional application was handed to me which listed 20 questions on how the store is opened and closed. There were a few questions of what I would do if certain situations were to arise with customers

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Rockford, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was given shortly after initial resume submission. General questions on back ground. Brought in for in person interview in one of the stores to review processes and store layout. Took additional assessment test on site. Fairly straightforward interview. Nice recruiter and staff in the store. Lots of background provided on the company.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything unexpected or difficult. Fairly standard questions throughout.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodwill (Houston, TX).

Interview

Turned in an application, Was called to come if for an interview with the store manager. The interview consisted of the manager telling me what the job duties were. She briefly reviewed my resume and asked me some very basic typical interview questions related to my job experience. The entire interview lasted about fifteen minutes. I was offered the job at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You either have to take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Menomonee Falls, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a 3 step hiring process- phone interview and in person interview with a recruiter and then a 1 on 1 interview with the regional manager. At the in person interview with the recruiter you will take some sort of personality/ethics test and are then asked 7-8 behavioral questions. The interview with the Regional Manager was also behavior questions. I was interviewing for an assistant manager position, but they pulled the Bait-n-Switch on me and said that they had no open assistant manager positions and asked if I would take a lower position as a Retail Coordinator. I was told they like to start applicants with "Big Box" retail experience in a lesser position, but I was guaranteed that I could move up very quickly which ended up being a total LIE! Everything that I was told I would be doing in the Retail Coordinator position was a complete lie. I didn't have any additional responsibilities and felt like I was just a regular employee who had to put away clothing and items with the added responsibility of doing returns and dealing with upset customers! Goodwill is not a good company! I don't recommend working for them at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses or where do you see yourself needing the most improvement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation! Was interviewed 3 times for an assistant manager position and was then offered a lower position of Retail Coordinator

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Tampa, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

phone interview then 1on 1, waited 2 days they need more references then in 1 week got a e mail saying not interested