Goodwill Case Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
7 interviews

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Case Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Goodwill.

It takes months to get hired. Be patient. They are non profit obviously so for some reason it takes a while. They were very nice, but it seemed to take forever to get a call back.

Interview Questions
Negotiate your pay upfront. Raises aren't that great.

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Co Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Co Springs, CO

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2011.

you go through 2 interviews and an application process, great company to work for tremendous people pay could be better but job isn't meant for you to remain with company forever.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill.

I applied for the position online. about 4 days later I recieved a phone call for an interview. I had an interview the following week with the person that would be my manager and a manager of another locations. The interview lasted about an hour and included several behavioral type questions. I was then told that I would hear back from them soon. I recieved a call the same day asking me to come in for a second interview the next day. The second interview consisted on the other case manager at the location just asking some very simple questions, just basically checking if we could get along or not since we would be working very closely together. Then the manager can back in and offered my the job. I have to complete a criminal background check and drug screen. I then stated work the following week.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a most difficulty question. Most of the quesitons are behavioral questions in which you have to draw from your own experinces to answer.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. During the first interview the manager told me the starting pay range. Then when I was offered the job I was told how much I would be starting out making.

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Goodwill.

The first interview went by fine. Got a call for a second one a few days later, no problem. I go to the second interview and am greeted on a practically empty floor and no one asks if they can assist. So im just standing there...waiting. Eventually im greeted by the woman that interviewed me the first time and then i meet her boss, whom is quite rude and even goes as far as to tell me during the interview, that "they dont like to hire from outside of the agency" so i took that as my cue i wasnt getting the job. Not a problem at all because when i saw how rude management was, i no longer was interested. Thank you for not hiring me

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2012.

Traditional interveiw, project manager was very friendly, open. Hiring process was smooth, wasn't able to negotiate wages, but was sastified with offer.

Case Manager Interview

I answered an online job posting and came in for an interview that lasted about 1.5-2 hours. I filled out an application, wrote a case notes sample and took a short MS Word/Excel proficiency test. I also sat for an interview with my supervisor and agency director.
    Since my position required bilingual skills in French, I also passed a quick language assessment in French.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked whether or not I saw myself in this field in the long term, given my major and past interests (which have a different focus entirely)   Answer Question
    It was my first job out of college, so I dod not negotiate much, not having experience in social work.

Case Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2011.

They have a very detailed interview process starting with a phone interview then personality test, next is a one on one with HR then one on one with Regional and thee final interview is with the VP (Director of Stores). Then it was about one week until the offer came through. It was about 5 or 6 weeks but very detailed therefore they are not just hiring anyone with a pulse.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on experiences and situations faced with on daily business   View Answer
    They are competitive but there is no room for negotiating salary.

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!