Goodwill Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Hampton, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. Asked to come in for an interview. I came in, got the job on the spot. The orientation is the next step. It's a one-day process not long at all. About 4 hours. Next you come back in for shadowing. This step usually lasts about 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for our company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

applied online even though that never works out for me. got a call about a week later asking if I was interested in employment. It was quite funny because I was searching for other jobs and was not properly dressed for an interview.But interview was easy you just have to pass a background check and you're good.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about goodwill. -question threw me off-   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

email an application, got called to set up a time, came in and answered basic questions, straight forward stuff, got a call back after a background check, started a week later ad went to an orientation.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at ur last job... past conflicts blah blah blah... are you a criminal... what's something you had to over come in a job... were do you see yourself in five years ... why Goodwill what do you know about goodwill...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Beaverton, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Went in to job connection got an interview the next day. Interview went fine then I got a second interview because the manager was not there. And then I got the job. The interview is super easy.

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA

Application

interviewed at Goodwill (Pacific Beach, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed and called back the next day. When I went in for the interview, there were two people there, but only one did the talking. She asked me questions about my ideal job, past experience, and whether I had any management experience. I am definitely "overqualified" by my education for the position, which became more apparent in the interview. I feel like I didn't fit the mold of what they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, but she asked me if I had management experience, so I'm not sure why that was asked, since I was just applying to be a cashier.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Ottawa, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

You meet with the store manager and possibly another member of the management team, and they review a packet of questions with you. They aren't terribly difficult questions, but you are expected to put some thought into them. The interview itself took maybe 15 minutes, and by the end of it they had already let me know that they were interested in hiring me pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your duties/tasks in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Charlotte, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Took about a week to get my interview set up. and about a week in a half to get offered a different Job then was applied for. was told they had hired someone else. but the position wasnt filled for another two - three months after i had accepted the job offer for Cashier

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2013.

Interview

A relative helped me get the job so I did not have to do an online application just went in to an interview with a few basic questions mostly behaviour questions

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Goodwill in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the position on a Wednesday and 9 days later on a Friday they called me asking if I would like to come in on Monday for an interview at 5:40 pm, I accepted.
    They told me to ask for **** or ***** (which are both managers) when I showed up
    I showed up 30 minutes early and told a cashier that I was there for an interview and she pointed me towards the manager. The manager asked me to hold on a minute while she checked in with her supervisor and that she would be right with me. I only waited for about 5 minutes and since the person who was supposed to be interviewed before me was not there yet I was taken straight in.
    The interview lasted about 20 minutes, the interviewer was really friendly and straight forward.
    About 3 hours after the interview I was called and asked to come in for a second interview, but they were waiting on my background check to come in so they would call in the next couple days to schedule the second interview.
    The next morning the same manager who interviewed me called and asked me if I could come in that day to fill out some paperwork, I told her I would.
    So I went in the day after my interview to pick up the paper work, and it turned out to be for a drug test. The manager told me I needed to take the drug test at the lab before 330 the next day and then explained to me what the uniform is, and told me "welcome aboard"
    There never was a second interview.
    I took the drug test on a Wednesday ( 2 weeks after I applied online) and they called me on Saturday asking me to come in for orientation on the following day, Sunday, at 8 am. So I did.

Interview Questions

• There was not really any difficult questions.
      I'll just list the ones I remember

Answer Question
    • Why Goodwill?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What could you provide for this company in loss prevention?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer and can you remember how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, we didn't actually discuss wages. I just looked online that the position I was applying for was minimum wage and I forgot to ask about wage at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Tacoma, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call a few weeks after applying inviting me to an interview at their regional corporate headquarters in Tacoma. After waiting for about ten minutes, I went into a conference room and met one of two hiring managers, both of which were from the store I was being interviewed to work at. The interview was typical of entry-level (as well as) retail positions. The interviewed was about 30 minutes long.

I had prepared my answers to common questions ahead of time, and it helped a bit. Although the interview was professional, it didn't feel tense or overly formal.

I received a reply in roughly four days. A drug test was also required.

Interview Questions

• Goodwill has an acronym, R.I.S.E, and I had to go through and explain what Respect, Integrity, etc were. Was a bit odd, really.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was minimum wage, no benefits or discount. Nearly everyone was working part-time, including myself, which generally amounted to ~20 hours a week.