Goodwill Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill in August 2015.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. The lady who did my interview was very nice. I applied on Monday and she called Wednesday to set up and interview for Thursday, got offered the position on Sunday. She asked about my work history and if I thought I could do it. She showed me around and that was about it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Called by recruiter and did small phone interview and then offered to come in for one on one. Large group of people called into store for interview. Sat down and spoke with upper management and reviewed resume and application. Interviewer asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at goodwill?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Hampton, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. Asked to come in for an interview. I came in, got the job on the spot. The orientation is the next step. It's a one-day process not long at all. About 4 hours. Next you come back in for shadowing. This step usually lasts about 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for our company?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

applied online even though that never works out for me. got a call about a week later asking if I was interested in employment. It was quite funny because I was searching for other jobs and was not properly dressed for an interview.But interview was easy you just have to pass a background check and you're good.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about goodwill. -question threw me off-   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

email an application, got called to set up a time, came in and answered basic questions, straight forward stuff, got a call back after a background check, started a week later ad went to an orientation.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at ur last job... past conflicts blah blah blah... are you a criminal... what's something you had to over come in a job... were do you see yourself in five years ... why Goodwill what do you know about goodwill...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Beaverton, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Went in to job connection got an interview the next day. Interview went fine then I got a second interview because the manager was not there. And then I got the job. The interview is super easy.

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA

Application

I interviewed at Goodwill (Pacific Beach, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed and called back the next day. When I went in for the interview, there were two people there, but only one did the talking. She asked me questions about my ideal job, past experience, and whether I had any management experience. I am definitely "overqualified" by my education for the position, which became more apparent in the interview. I feel like I didn't fit the mold of what they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, but she asked me if I had management experience, so I'm not sure why that was asked, since I was just applying to be a cashier.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Ottawa, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

You meet with the store manager and possibly another member of the management team, and they review a packet of questions with you. They aren't terribly difficult questions, but you are expected to put some thought into them. The interview itself took maybe 15 minutes, and by the end of it they had already let me know that they were interested in hiring me pending drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your duties/tasks in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Charlotte, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Took about a week to get my interview set up. and about a week in a half to get offered a different Job then was applied for. was told they had hired someone else. but the position wasnt filled for another two - three months after i had accepted the job offer for Cashier

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Moscow, ID) in January 2014.

Interview

Two people, manager and assistant manager. The assistant manager is just a witness and remains silent, which seems strange. Pretty basic questions, very simple process, no tests or iq exams, or personality analysis. They didnt throw any curve balls at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. They did not talk about pay.