Goodwill Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bartlett, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlett, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2010.

They look to see how nice and hard working you may be. They spend time talking about the mission of goodwill and how you may benefit it. They will ask general questions of situations you may be in as well. It will be two people there interviewing you and they'll also show you the whole building.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you had to tell on someone?   Answer Question

Retail Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Willowbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Goodwill in December 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter. I did one 30-45 minute phone interview, and then one face-to-face interview that lasted around 30-45 minutes as well. The two recruiters and manager that I spoke with were extremely nice. They seem to believe in mission and are very welcoming. I asked each person about how they like working for the company, and they seemed genuine when they said they loved working their. Both said it's the best place for good work-life balance, and that they couldn't see themselves working anywhere else.

I didn't try to negotiate. They gave me all of the information and I was happy with the offer. They pay more, and have more benefits than I expected.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in July 2012.

Very friendly interiewer. Read questions from a packet, so I imagine that the questions everywhere should be very similar. We discussed my available hours and sales experience. At the end of the interview I signed off on my open hours and their right to perform a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time someone was upset with you. What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used teamwork. What are the three most important factors of teamwork? What were the end results?   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2011.

I initially applied at the Bolingbrook, IL location, but received a call about interviewing for a position at the new Woodridge location that is scheduled to open sometime in July. I was greeted very cordially by several of the staff members, including HR, and the interview was very, very easy. My interviewer was very kind and laid-back, and hired me that same day - which was nice, no "waiting game" to play. I was referred to a clinic in my area for a drug test and was told they would do a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that someone was upset with you. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What interests you about working with Goodwill?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were upset with someone else. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Elgin, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2009.

I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview to discuss job responsibilities, hours, ect

N/A

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!