Goodwill

148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Sales Clerk Interview

Charleston, WV

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was a simple process of only questions about availability being asked, and asking if I was willing to do what was in the job description. Hired the same day as interviewed, and started paperwork.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked. They asked me to apply when I was shopping, and was already certain they were going to hire me. Interview was more of a hiring process of filling out paperwork.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told that I would get paid the standard rate which was minimum wage.

Store Manager Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got an interview through a recruiter. Everything was great until the interview. Kind of a bait and switch situation. Interviewed for a store manager position, and was told i would be hired as an assistant until I proved myself which could take anywhere from 6mts to 2years. They pride themselves on development, but it did not seem evident to me.

Interview Question – Basic questions. A lot of why this or why that?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in September 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview and follow up in-person interviews with the manager and the other staff. Many types of questions. the groups interview with the other staff was interesting. They all had questions that focused on other areas of the department. i got to know more about the job from this interview. everyone seemed to be mission-focused and care about what they do. know the mission and know what all Goodwill does before interviewing.

Interview Question – what do people think about you that isn't true.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Job Coach Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

Interview Details – quick asked a bunch of behavioral quesions the usual nonsense that are asked.

Interview Question – what was the most important thing youhave ever done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotitation

Manager Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was wonderful. Best interview I've ever had

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – The people there are very nice/laid-back and helped with the questions i got stuck on

Interview Question – Name a time you showed integrity   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member/Career Center Facilitator Interview

Valdosta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in October 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an online profile and application through the AmeriCorps website that was sent to this organization. In addition to the AmeriCorps application, I filled out an application to the organization itself for the AmeriCorps position with my resume and cover letter attached. After a week or so I was called to schedule an interview. I was called back a week later with an offer to take the AmeriCorps position at this particular organization. Before starting, I had to fill out some paperwork for AmeriCorps and different paperwork for Goodwill. I also had to take a drug test for Goodwill (this was a requirement to work with Goodwill Industries, but is not necessarily a requirement for other AmeriCorps positions at other non-profit organizations).

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a valuable asset to our Career Center team?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Florence, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process went well. The inquiry regarding employment was timely replied. Further interview was scheduled with few communications. They explained the job profile very well with all job responsibilities and the work environment. The interview was mostly formal and discussion based for this position, however lacks the technical questions that I was expecting about the HR functionality and corporate's long term goal.

Interview Question – Not much technical questions asked. The interview was not planed or structured properly.   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in July 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with store manager. Usually tells you how the company works and how it helps programs. Then asks about experience and team work.

Interview Question – None that I know of except just explaining experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2013.

Interview Details – completed application in person and had interview at the same time with the store manager;; she was nice and seemed supportive; had the feeling she was honest with me and would give me opportunity to learn even though I did not have a great deal of experience; said she would let me know within a couple of days and she did offering me the job.

Interview Question – if hired, how long would you plan working for us?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodwill

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodwill interview questions and advice. All 148 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goodwill employees and interview candidates.