Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

I first was called by senior staff and he explained the job to me. An interview appt. was made. It was a professional interview in a private conference room, with Hr staff member and senior staff member. I was called a few days later and the offer was made.The HR person was encouraging and gave feedback during my portfolio presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The wage was pre determined and listed in the ad for the job.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Went through 2 interviews, was somewhat difficult as my first interview was just with the director but my second interview was with several individuals that worked in the area I was applying for. The questions were not overly difficult but being in front of that many individuals can be intimidating, especially for someone just coming out of college and applying for their first professional job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call back a couple days later to come in for an interview. Interviewed with both assistant and manager. Pretty basic interview, at the end was offered the job and asked to go take the drug test. Started a couple of days after that.

Interview Questions

• The basic questions like describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer. The interview ended up being more casual where we were just talking about my work history and the current position available and less w/ reading questions off a paper.   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodwill in August 2015.

Interview

I use to work at a Goodwill in TN I'm now disabled but able to work there. Can get recommendation. I am a hard worker that gets the work done. I'm quiet and stay to myself. Need the extra money.

Interview Questions

• Will you please give me a chance. no more than 600 a month   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill in August 2015.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. The lady who did my interview was very nice. I applied on Monday and she called Wednesday to set up and interview for Thursday, got offered the position on Sunday. She asked about my work history and if I thought I could do it. She showed me around and that was about it.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a panel discussion and conversion with the applicant. The majority of the questions were more behavioral focused rather than applicable skills. It was a unique interview process, in that the questions generated conversation rather than the traditional "question-answer" process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict or disagreement with your co-workers?   1 Answer

Retail Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. A week later, in-person interview with hiring manager. Within a few days, I was called to present a 20 minute training module of my choice to a panel of interviewers. The phone and in-person interviews were structured with concrete questions. I did my research and was felt confident answering their questions. As for the panel interview, I really enjoyed being able to select a topic I was passionate about and had fun presenting it.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time in which you were asked to deliver content that you were not familiar with. How did you approach that project?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Submitted app at a job fair and was interviewed on the spot. (Rule of thumb: if an employer attends a job fair, then they are hiring.) Got the job offered on condition that I pass free drug test. Peed my pants on the spot and passed. Just kidding, they sent me to get a free drug test at a local clinic. Passed, clinic sent results to Goodwill, got job offer.

Interview Questions

• What position are you applying for?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview for the RSA/Part-time Cashier Position at Redesign by Goodwill: I applied online and got a call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview was super short (about 5 minutes). She described the type of person she was looking for and asked if I fit that description, they were all yes or no answers basically because she quickly moved on to the next question. The only open ended questions where I could explain myself before she moved on were, "Tell me about yourself" and "Would you hire yourself?" I honestly thought I wasn't going to get called back because it was so quick. However, I got a call the next day to come in to sign some paperwork for a background check. Once that goes through I will have my orientation and start working. I am getting paid minimum wage, which is fine for me because it's my first job.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Siloam Springs, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Siloam Springs, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

Was interview by assistance manager and store manager on the same day. Both were very friendly and thorough. They described jobs duties and dress code, pay and number of hours and answered any and all questions I had

Interview Questions

• Who was my favorite boss in past jobs?   1 Answer