Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Human Resources Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A short telephone call with the HR manager with a few questions to answer. Then 1 schedule in-person interview with the HR Manager and Coordinator. Then, they will pick the finalist to interview with the VP of HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What makes you the best candidate? How are your interpersonal skills? Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none. I am college student trying to start in my HR field with little help. Working with a non-profit organization is a great start despite the pay. We all got to start somewhere.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I received a phone call about a week after I applied through Goodwill's website. I set up the interview for the following day, then went to the location and was told to wait for the manager so I could be interviewed. I waited for a half hour until the manager came over to me, and she apologized for the wait.

We sat down at a table on the side to talk. She asked me numerous questions about my previous employment and was friendly, mostly asking about one of my previous jobs that was at a very busy restaurant. She said she would set up a followup interview for two days later. The second interviewer seemed like she didn't want to be there and did not really even look at me, and she was mostly writing on a piece of paper when I answered. She asked almost the exact same questions as the first interviewer, and then said they would call me if they were interested. They never did.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an unhappy customer?
      Tell me about a time when you had to correct a mistake at work.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Hampton, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. Asked to come in for an interview. I came in, got the job on the spot. The orientation is the next step. It's a one-day process not long at all. About 4 hours. Next you come back in for shadowing. This step usually lasts about 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for our company?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

applied online even though that never works out for me. got a call about a week later asking if I was interested in employment. It was quite funny because I was searching for other jobs and was not properly dressed for an interview.But interview was easy you just have to pass a background check and you're good.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about goodwill. -question threw me off-   Answer Question

Part-Time Processor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application in person and only got called for an interview over a month later. Before that point I had gone to check in on it because it had been a while, and one of the employees said and I quote "They should be calling for interviews soon, we've had a couple more people apply. Actually, yesterday a cute boy came in and dropped an application and when I turned it in on the back and told them they were like 'let's hire him'.", very unprofessional!
    The interview itself was easy, took about 20 minutes, lots of "describe a situation where you" kind of questions, manager was very friendly and seemed to like me, said she had 2 more interviews to go and she would contact me but i never received a call after that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with a supervisor and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back. I was told to go to their Job Fair and had a scheduled appointment to meet with interviewer. Interview was relaxed and down to earth. I was asked customer service questions and asked to describe how I would handle certain situations.The interview lasted about 15 minutes and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to do something you have never done before and if so, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Donation Site Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

it was short the lady said she would give my app. ,resume, and cover letter to the manager then call me. I have gone back three times and have called four times now the position is still available but have herd no good news about it yet

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

email an application, got called to set up a time, came in and answered basic questions, straight forward stuff, got a call back after a background check, started a week later ad went to an orientation.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at ur last job... past conflicts blah blah blah... are you a criminal... what's something you had to over come in a job... were do you see yourself in five years ... why Goodwill what do you know about goodwill...   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Was called soon after I applied and invited to job fair to interview with several people for a position in one of their local stores. Everyone I spoke to was nice and pleasant and really seemed interested in my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good, options of a few stores to work at and salary needs were met.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tujunga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodwill (Tujunga, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I went in 15 min early , she began the interview immediately. Asked basic questions and i was hired on the spot. I declined because I thought I could find a store closer to my house.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an unhappy customer? If a customer brought up an item that rang up differently than how it was priced, what would you do? Tell me about a time when you had to correct a mistake at work.   Answer Question