Goodwill Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2012.

Met with the store manager and discussed my skills. It was all very casual and basic. However, that was a few years ago. I'm told that the hiring and interview process is much more strenuous now, and much more involved.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the interview, and there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    The starting pay was less than what I was making in my last retail job, but I accepted, principally because the location was convenient, and the schedule flexibility was very good.

Sales Clerk Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Troy, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Troy, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

app for another location called saying they had an opening else where. Went in for interview few days later. Normal question asked, said they had like 8 other people so no clue why they even bother to call me when i app for some where else. Been two month and no call back. See they are hiring for the same job NOT going to reapply.

Interview Questions
    • Just wanted to know if i could drive and work the hours.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodwill in September 2012.

I turned in my application online with a resume and cover letter attached. A week later, I received a call to schedule an interview. I was on time, and the assistant manager told me to wait 15 minutes while she helped a customer and to meanwhile examine the store's layout. The interview took about an hour. The manager and assistant manager interviewed me together. They asked questions about my academic history, goals in life, and work experience. They had read my cover letter and asked me to expand on my experiences listed there. The second part of the interview consisted of personality-based questions. Both managers were friendly and made jokes to ease the environment of the office. The third part of the interview consisted of me asking the company questions and selling myself as a worker. I was hired three days later and began orientation and paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a funny story about when you taught in South Korea." This was a complete curveball in the interview and was intended to see how quick on my feet and innovative I was. It also added some pressure. I told a brief story and related it back to work.   Answer Question
    Goodwill offers minimum wage to all non-corporate workers.

Computer Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed online - interviewed at Goodwill in July 2014.

The phone call and interview process was very professional and friendly. I never felt uncomfortable, awkward, or nervous. The interviewer was very friendly and courteous. I believe Goodwill would be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a situation when you were behind schedule or deadline?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach people that are difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2013.

I was interviewed by the District manger and Regional manager. Interviews were very nice, very straight to the point questions and they give you time to think about your question. No pressure at all what so ever and they encourage you to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • None, they ask you the same things every other company does.   Answer Question
    Their was none

Donation Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

Applied online, I got a call back within a week. Interview was at the headquarters in Denver. I waited about 20 minutes until I actually got interviewed. The room I was interviewed in wasn't a very appropriate setting, the lady was wearing dirty jeans and a old t-shirt, and the room was filled with junk and there was trash all over place. Wearing slacks and a button up dress shirt was obviously too much for this interview. The questions were straightforward, and about a month later, I still have not received a call back letting me know if I got the job or not. No worries, I've gotten plenty of better job offers since then.

Online Media Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

The interview felt more like a conversation with an old friend rather than an interview. Everyone I met there had a positive attitude and seemed very genuine. While I was asked about my work background, what I liked about it and did not, the interview revolved more around what my personality was like to see if I was a good fit with the company.

Interview Questions

It is really a shame that Goodwill does not receive more funding. The pay was barely above minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee  in  Pacific Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA

interviewed at Goodwill in July 2014.

I applied online and was emailed and called back the next day. When I went in for the interview, there were two people there, but only one did the talking. She asked me questions about my ideal job, past experience, and whether I had any management experience. I am definitely "overqualified" by my education for the position, which became more apparent in the interview. I feel like I didn't fit the mold of what they were expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but she asked me if I had management experience, so I'm not sure why that was asked, since I was just applying to be a cashier.   View Answer

E-commerce Clerk Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

They will hire anyone just to fill a position. As they say, there is no one that can't be replaced. Turn over is very high. The Management staff that does the interviewing acts as though you are bothering them.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just basically if you are willing to take the job, it is offered to you.   Answer Question
    no negotiation...take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2014.

Took about a week to get my interview set up. and about a week in a half to get offered a different Job then was applied for. was told they had hired someone else. but the position wasnt filled for another two - three months after i had accepted the job offer for Cashier

There was none

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!