Goodwill

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Applied online by making a profile & submitting resume. Got a call for an interview a little over a month later for the next Monday.

Arrived about 15 minutes early & was able to see the Store Manager & Hiring Manager soon as I got there. Very easy going interview. Usual questions like "What experience do you have?" "What is good customer service to you?" "Why should we choose you?"

Interviews lasted about 5 minutes then I was asked to sit in the break room for a few minutes. When I was called back into the office they had my offer of contingency ready for me to sign. A little later in the week I was called to go to the clinic to take my drug test. Once the results came back about a week later I set up to attend the next orientation class the next week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You start at minimum wage which was 8.00 at the time & 9.00 now.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckeye, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckeye, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

First had to apply online and pick a day for a pre-screen interview. After a week, I followed up by asking the store for another interview. Luckily, they were interviewing and I had called and asked once more. They then scheduled me to come in a couple days later and that week I was hired and given information about training.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you demonstrated above and beyond excellence?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

quick and efficient interviews. Proper questions asked. No personal questions asked. Very polite, sharing what the job consist of and expectations of the position. Great knowledge of company and all the benefits they offer. Shared history and planed goals for future.

Easy and comfortable.

A/P Specialist Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager 2 weeks after applying for the job. Next I invited to complete a form. This form was a document they used before selecting the candidate they want to bring in for the interview. Take your time and answer questions properly. Next was the interview, then lunch with the team. Sounds lengthy but it took mayb 6 weeks at most. Corporate is extremely fast pace.....

Interview Questions
    Do your research...because their expanding their budget is pretty tight. If you ask for more make sure you are worth it!

Production Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Very strange. Management clearly did not have recruiting experience. Asked the basic interview questions and walked me around the warehouse. I talked with another asst manager. At the end of the interview I had the job without even knowing it.

none

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

I had to submit a resume, and answer some questions online. I then got a call asking me to come in for an interview. At the store before the interview I had to fill out a sheet that had my availability to work on it. Then they took me to a back room where the interviewer asked questions about when and for how long I would be able to work, why I wanted the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about why I put down the availability that I did, which was sometimes kind of hard to answer.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill in November 2014.

Went there and they called me into the office to start the process. The manager was really nice, and he talked about what Goodwill does. It was a lot of information!

None

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill in November 2014.

I applied to goodwill online and went into one of the goodwills I applied for the very next day.
    I was already dressed professionally and asked to speak to a manager about my application process. Turns out, they decided to give me an interview.

So, I waited beside the manager's office until one of the hiring managers came to interview and walked to another office. It's just me and the lady that's interviewing me. She started asking me simple interview questiions such as "Why do you want to work for Goodwill?" and "How would your previous employers describe your work ethic?" After a few questions, there was a drug test. It's the swap test, disgusting taste by the way. Once you pass the drug test, you have to wait 3 days for the background check to come back; however, depending on the store, they can set up the employment for you to start working before your background check comes back.
    I sat in the office and completed the rest of the paperwork and tax paperwork then I was all set!

Everyone who works there are very nice and have very positive attitudes about moving up in the company. If you want a retail store to grow with, this is a great company to start :)

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions:
      Why do you want to work for Goodwill?
      What qualities would your previous employer say about you?
      What is your weakness?
      Tell me more about yourself. (Doesn't matter if its personal or professional as long as it relates to the job)

Answer Question

Ecommerce Book Lister Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill in November 2014.

I applied online. It took two months? It was a very long process. The interview was a panel interview with two people. I didn't know it was going to be a warehouse position, so they weren't very upfront about that to begin with which sort of shocked me. And the woman said there was going to be a second interview which I thought was a little strange. p

Interview Questions

Night shift and low pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

Done by store manager. She admitted she hates to do any HR. I only got the job because I pestered her for three weeks. After hired, I became the HR manager because I am able to actually interact with other humans.

Interview Questions
    • None. She read from a script and with a good imagination, I became a superstar.   Answer Question
    None. I needed a job. Things are tough here in Maine!