Goodwill

170 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – It takes months to get hired. Be patient. They are non profit obviously so for some reason it takes a while. They were very nice, but it seemed to take forever to get a call back.

Interview Question – Easy!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your pay upfront. Raises aren't that great.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call back like a week later. Went in for the interview and manager asked me questions about past experiences such as " Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and what was the outcome" He asked me multiple questions like this. We went over my job experience and he asked the usual interview questions and told me he would call me if I got the job. I didnt hear from them for about 1 week and thought that I didnt get the job. Eventually manager called and said that they would like to hire me because there 1st choice for the job didnt go through. I accepted the job and he told me that I would need to wait for my background check to clear and that it would take about a week. I was nervous about my background check because I had gotten into trouble with the law when I was a minor. So the manager called and told me that my background check cleared and they need me to fill out all the paperwork. Going to start working this week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Eugene, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2010.

Interview Details – one of the more quick and simple application/interview processes i've experienced. the managers were friendly and complimentary. most of the questions were regarding customer service and following company policy. nothing too in depth, but that may have been because i was totally over qualifed. it was clear they liked my answers and even commented that one of the questions i answered was almost never given a good response. i was offered the job the next morning and they mentioned they were hoping id be interested in pursuing a management position. it was overall a very favorable experience.

Interview Question – none. really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. i new the wage to start.

Retail Lead Interview

Retail Lead
Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill in November 2013.

Interview Details – Manager called after I filled out application on internet.and asked me if I was interested and I said yes, so she had me come in the next morning for the interview. I was in the store for about 2 hrs. and then she sent me to the main office to see the director and then he hired me and then I was sent for a drug test, background check.

Negotiation Details – Drug test, interview with Director and then getting schedule and supposed to get training which I did not.

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Goodwill in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. One withing the store with the Store Manager, and another with a career empoyment specialist. Upon initial job offer you must go to a career orientation at the corporate office and take a drug test, physical, and then go through the basic reviews and videos for the company.

Interview Question – They want to know what you have to bring to the table.   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Processor
Waite Park, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two people. They asked me the typical questions. Why I wanted to work there, was there ever a time that I had a difficult customer and what did I do. They were pretty nice really.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Workforce Specialist Interview

Workforce Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – I completed the online application and received a call back for a face to face interview. I received a call back maybe a few weeks later for a face to face interview. Basic 1:1 interview with the manager.

Interview Question – standard interview questions   Answer Question

Retail Supervisor Interview

Retail Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews with people of increasing authority. Assistant store manager, store manager, district manager.
2 day orientation. Fairly standard stuff. They have a list of questions. You tend to get asked the same thing by more than one person.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. Most interesting: Where else have you applied?   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very fast. My first initial contact was a phone interview and next was a face to face interview with the store manager and assistant manager. I was hired the same day as my interview. The process was great and interviewers were very professional.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for GoodWill?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Merchandise Supervisor
Shakopee, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview, if your liked then in person interview. The process is standard questions and standard answers, just want to know if you have the personality to get along with everyone else and have OPEN availibity. that is the most important they they are looking for.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had to deal with a angry customer and what did you do in the situation and what was the outcome   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodwill

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodwill interview questions and advice. All 170 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goodwill employees and interview candidates.