Goodwill

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Pacific Beach, CA

I interviewed at Goodwill in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was emailed and called back the next day. When I went in for the interview, there were two people there, but only one did the talking. She asked me questions about my ideal job, past experience, and whether I had any management experience. I am definitely "overqualified" by my education for the position, which became more apparent in the interview. I feel like I didn't fit the mold of what they were expecting.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, but she asked me if I had management experience, so I'm not sure why that was asked, since I was just applying to be a cashier.   View Answer

E-commerce Clerk Interview

E-commerce Clerk

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – They will hire anyone just to fill a position. As they say, there is no one that can't be replaced. Turn over is very high. The Management staff that does the interviewing acts as though you are bothering them.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just basically if you are willing to take the job, it is offered to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2014.

Interview Details – Took about a week to get my interview set up. and about a week in a half to get offered a different Job then was applied for. was told they had hired someone else. but the position wasnt filled for another two - three months after i had accepted the job offer for Cashier

Interview Question – was asked about previous retail expierence?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – It takes months to get hired. Be patient. They are non profit obviously so for some reason it takes a while. They were very nice, but it seemed to take forever to get a call back.

Interview Question – Easy!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your pay upfront. Raises aren't that great.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call back like a week later. Went in for the interview and manager asked me questions about past experiences such as " Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team and what was the outcome" He asked me multiple questions like this. We went over my job experience and he asked the usual interview questions and told me he would call me if I got the job. I didnt hear from them for about 1 week and thought that I didnt get the job. Eventually manager called and said that they would like to hire me because there 1st choice for the job didnt go through. I accepted the job and he told me that I would need to wait for my background check to clear and that it would take about a week. I was nervous about my background check because I had gotten into trouble with the law when I was a minor. So the manager called and told me that my background check cleared and they need me to fill out all the paperwork. Going to start working this week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Eugene, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2010.

Interview Details – one of the more quick and simple application/interview processes i've experienced. the managers were friendly and complimentary. most of the questions were regarding customer service and following company policy. nothing too in depth, but that may have been because i was totally over qualifed. it was clear they liked my answers and even commented that one of the questions i answered was almost never given a good response. i was offered the job the next morning and they mentioned they were hoping id be interested in pursuing a management position. it was overall a very favorable experience.

Interview Question – none. really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. i new the wage to start.

Donor Specialist Interview

Donor Specialist

Interviewed at Goodwill

Interview Details – It was very simple and basically hassle free. Background check. The Donor Specialist position is not a management job, so the hiring process for this position was extremely simple. I really don't have any other input, they just want to make sure that a person is physically able to perform this job due to heavy lifting.

Interview Question – No difficult questions as this is not a management position. The main question seemed to deal with honesty. As a Donor Specialist, especially at an independent location, there's the concern of theft.   Answer Question

Retail Lead Interview

Retail Lead
Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill in November 2013.

Interview Details – Manager called after I filled out application on internet.and asked me if I was interested and I said yes, so she had me come in the next morning for the interview. I was in the store for about 2 hrs. and then she sent me to the main office to see the director and then he hired me and then I was sent for a drug test, background check.

Negotiation Details – Drug test, interview with Director and then getting schedule and supposed to get training which I did not.

Key Holder Interview

Key Holder
Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Goodwill in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. One withing the store with the Store Manager, and another with a career empoyment specialist. Upon initial job offer you must go to a career orientation at the corporate office and take a drug test, physical, and then go through the basic reviews and videos for the company.

Interview Question – They want to know what you have to bring to the table.   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Processor
Waite Park, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed by two people. They asked me the typical questions. Why I wanted to work there, was there ever a time that I had a difficult customer and what did I do. They were pretty nice really.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!