Goodwill

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

applied online even though that never works out for me. got a call about a week later asking if I was interested in employment. It was quite funny because I was searching for other jobs and was not properly dressed for an interview.But interview was easy you just have to pass a background check and you're good.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about goodwill. -question threw me off-   Answer Question

Donation Site Attendant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodwill.

it was short the lady said she would give my app. ,resume, and cover letter to the manager then call me. I have gone back three times and have called four times now the position is still available but have herd no good news about it yet

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

email an application, got called to set up a time, came in and answered basic questions, straight forward stuff, got a call back after a background check, started a week later ad went to an orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at ur last job... past conflicts blah blah blah... are you a criminal... what's something you had to over come in a job... were do you see yourself in five years ... why Goodwill what do you know about goodwill...   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Was called soon after I applied and invited to job fair to interview with several people for a position in one of their local stores. Everyone I spoke to was nice and pleasant and really seemed interested in my experience.

Interview Questions
    Very good, options of a few stores to work at and salary needs were met.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interviewed and heard back in two days via email they had hired internally. Seemed like it would be great company to work for. Interview was one on one in a hotel lobby. There was about 20 questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to review a staff member and had to give them criticism how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Database Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

I applied online. I was asked for a face to face interview two months later. I thought it was a very long process. It was a panel interview with a development director, and two other people. It ended up being only an 30 minute interview, and felt very rushed. They didn't seem to explain the mission of Goodwill, or much of what I would I would be doing. I got the sense that no one liked me in the room.

Cashier/Processor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

I applied at a job fair. They liked it that my availability was open for the most part. I got a call a couple of days later saying that I got an interview. Also, they told me to make sure to bring my social security card and bc. I guess they already knew that they were going to hire me. I went in, told the cashier I had an interview. She told me to wait by their furniture area. After a couple of minutes, the manager came out and took me to the back, asked me basic interview questions. Told me I was hired. Did paper work and I started the next week.

Student Assistant Interview

The hiring process was conducted in a professional manner. I was given two interviews. The first one was with the manager of the program and the second one was with the Vice President of the Vocational program. I was provided a tour of the program and given extensive trainings which came with a certificate after completion. I really enjoyed working around the people and the being able to wear jeans on Fridays. Overall, this was a good entry level job.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me one of your most challenging moments and tell me how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Workforce Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Two phone interviews and then had to travel to headquarters about 70 miles away for interview in person. Questions were typical. Met in two separate offices for in person interview. Met with future supervisor and then with HR supervisor. It was redundant and nerve racking.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations. They told me what the job was and salary. You either take it or leave it.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

I was called for an interview at the store. It was pretty basic. She asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work for Goodwill. Then a weird timed math test where all the answers were 12. I was given a short tour of the backroom area and told that HR would be checking my references and that I would get a call from them. That call came almost a week later. I got a voicemail from a lady at the corporate office. It took several days for her to return my call since I called after office hours and left a message. When she called me I was told I was invited to an 8 hour long orientation class in another week. Luckily we were paid for this 8 hours, which I wasn't told until later. It took a little over two weeks to actually begin working in the store.

Interview Questions
    • I was basically hired on the spot by the assistant store manager, then had to be turned over to HR dept. for background checks. The only tricky thing was the math test listed above.   Answer Question
    They tell you that everyone starts at minimum wage but that you are guaranteed a full 40 hours a week as though that makes up for it.