Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a panel discussion and conversion with the applicant. The majority of the questions were more behavioral focused rather than applicable skills. It was a unique interview process, in that the questions generated conversation rather than the traditional "question-answer" process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict or disagreement with your co-workers?   1 Answer

Retail Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. A week later, in-person interview with hiring manager. Within a few days, I was called to present a 20 minute training module of my choice to a panel of interviewers. The phone and in-person interviews were structured with concrete questions. I did my research and was felt confident answering their questions. As for the panel interview, I really enjoyed being able to select a topic I was passionate about and had fun presenting it.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time in which you were asked to deliver content that you were not familiar with. How did you approach that project?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Submitted app at a job fair and was interviewed on the spot. (Rule of thumb: if an employer attends a job fair, then they are hiring.) Got the job offered on condition that I pass free drug test. Peed my pants on the spot and passed. Just kidding, they sent me to get a free drug test at a local clinic. Passed, clinic sent results to Goodwill, got job offer.

Interview Questions

• What position are you applying for?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview for the RSA/Part-time Cashier Position at Redesign by Goodwill: I applied online and got a call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview was super short (about 5 minutes). She described the type of person she was looking for and asked if I fit that description, they were all yes or no answers basically because she quickly moved on to the next question. The only open ended questions where I could explain myself before she moved on were, "Tell me about yourself" and "Would you hire yourself?" I honestly thought I wasn't going to get called back because it was so quick. However, I got a call the next day to come in to sign some paperwork for a background check. Once that goes through I will have my orientation and start working. I am getting paid minimum wage, which is fine for me because it's my first job.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Siloam Springs, AR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill (Siloam Springs, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

Was interview by assistance manager and store manager on the same day. Both were very friendly and thorough. They described jobs duties and dress code, pay and number of hours and answered any and all questions I had

Interview Questions

• Who was my favorite boss in past jobs?   1 Answer

Donantion Center Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Long and drawn out. I was interviewed in early June and did not know that right after the interview I was chosen, and the supervisor started the paperwork. They just decided not to tell me, until the paperwork had gone through the company.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions, there was a checklist that they used, but it was more of a previous life type questions.   Answer Question

Staffing Power Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Honolulu, HI) in June 2015.

Interview

they scheduled you in for an interview, at the interview you fill out application & employment, tax forms, they ask questions about previous employers and the type of experience on the job, they tell you if hired what types of companies you would like to be employed with & ask what specifically are your avail abilities hours. that's all.

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill (Greenwood, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an in-person interview. They scheduled both on the phone, the second one, in-person, at the end of the conversation. Two weeks later and I'm still waiting to hear back. Follow up email told me they are still working the process.The whole experience thus far has been very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe are some of your strengths? Do you think you have high standards when it comes to working with others?   1 Answer

Retail Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website for Assistant Manager. Received a call the next day. Recruiter explained that I would be a better fit for a lower position of Retail Supervisor and asked if I was still interested. We set up a phone interview for the following Monday. Phone interview was very laid back and included a few questions about my career goals, experience, and my education. When I was called, the interviewer started the process by asking if I had any questions about the position or the company (very important to ask them questions to show your interest and research). Then I was asked a few simple behavioral questions such as "Name a time you had to motivate a team?" and "Name a time you were under great pressure and how did you handle the situation?" At the conclusion of the phone interview I was asked to complete an online assessment, which I think was bad as it was timed and I didn't fully have the time to complete it. Received a call from a local store manager 3 days later and scheduled an in-person interview for the following Monday. The interview was with store manager and regional manager and was very difficult in terms of the questions asked. There were a lot of behavioral questions (probably about 15-20) with many follow up questions depending on how I answered. The interviewers seemed very interested in the interview and seemed to follow up a lot on the questions and somewhat help me answer the questions better. Was offered a job at the conclusion of the interview. Everyone that I talked to for this interview was very helpful and wanted me to succeed, which is something you don't see a lot.

Interview Questions

• Why goodwill? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about goodwill? What is your greatest achievement? Name a time you were under great pressure and how did you deal with it. Name a time you had to consult others on the outcome. Name a time you knew the outcome but consulted with others about it. Name a time you gave up a commitment to satisfy another commitment. Name a time you motivated employees and what was the result. How do you prioritize tasks? What do you think is your strength? What do you think you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set starting salary.

Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The job is basically a glorified receptionist at a work source center. I sat with the manager in a conference room and she asked me typical job interview questions. She was polite but made it clear what she was looking for in a candidate. She even did part of the interview in Spanish because being bilingual was one of the requirements. It was a relatively smooth and pleasant interview and I left pretty confident.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible with work hours?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult client?   1 Answer