Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

I received a phone call about a week after I applied through Goodwill's website. I set up the interview for the following day, then went to the location and was told to wait for the manager so I could be interviewed. I waited for a half hour until the manager came over to me, and she apologized for the wait.

We sat down at a table on the side to talk. She asked me numerous questions about my previous employment and was friendly, mostly asking about one of my previous jobs that was at a very busy restaurant. She said she would set up a followup interview for two days later. The second interviewer seemed like she didn't want to be there and did not really even look at me, and she was mostly writing on a piece of paper when I answered. She asked almost the exact same questions as the first interviewer, and then said they would call me if they were interested. They never did.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with an unhappy customer?
      If a customer brought up an item that rang up differently than how it was priced, what would you do?
      Tell me about a time when you had to correct a mistake at work.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. Asked to come in for an interview. I came in, got the job on the spot. The orientation is the next step. It's a one-day process not long at all. About 4 hours. Next you come back in for shadowing. This step usually lasts about 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit for our company?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

applied online even though that never works out for me. got a call about a week later asking if I was interested in employment. It was quite funny because I was searching for other jobs and was not properly dressed for an interview.But interview was easy you just have to pass a background check and you're good.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about goodwill. -question threw me off-   Answer Question

Part-Time Processor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill in March 2015.

Submitted an application in person and only got called for an interview over a month later. Before that point I had gone to check in on it because it had been a while, and one of the employees said and I quote "They should be calling for interviews soon, we've had a couple more people apply. Actually, yesterday a cute boy came in and dropped an application and when I turned it in on the back and told them they were like 'let's hire him'.", very unprofessional!
    The interview itself was easy, took about 20 minutes, lots of "describe a situation where you" kind of questions, manager was very friendly and seemed to like me, said she had 2 more interviews to go and she would contact me but i never received a call after that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you disagreed with a supervisor and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Donation Site Attendant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodwill.

it was short the lady said she would give my app. ,resume, and cover letter to the manager then call me. I have gone back three times and have called four times now the position is still available but have herd no good news about it yet

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

email an application, got called to set up a time, came in and answered basic questions, straight forward stuff, got a call back after a background check, started a week later ad went to an orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at ur last job... past conflicts blah blah blah... are you a criminal... what's something you had to over come in a job... were do you see yourself in five years ... why Goodwill what do you know about goodwill...   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Was called soon after I applied and invited to job fair to interview with several people for a position in one of their local stores. Everyone I spoke to was nice and pleasant and really seemed interested in my experience.

Interview Questions
    Very good, options of a few stores to work at and salary needs were met.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interviewed and heard back in two days via email they had hired internally. Seemed like it would be great company to work for. Interview was one on one in a hotel lobby. There was about 20 questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to review a staff member and had to give them criticism how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Cashier/Processor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

I applied at a job fair. They liked it that my availability was open for the most part. I got a call a couple of days later saying that I got an interview. Also, they told me to make sure to bring my social security card and bc. I guess they already knew that they were going to hire me. I went in, told the cashier I had an interview. She told me to wait by their furniture area. After a couple of minutes, the manager came out and took me to the back, asked me basic interview questions. Told me I was hired. Did paper work and I started the next week.

Database Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

I applied online. I was asked for a face to face interview two months later. I thought it was a very long process. It was a panel interview with a development director, and two other people. It ended up being only an 30 minute interview, and felt very rushed. They didn't seem to explain the mission of Goodwill, or much of what I would I would be doing. I got the sense that no one liked me in the room.