Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill in May 2010.

Interview

Was asked alot of in depth questions. 3 part questions. was surprised to find out I had to come back for a second interview!!Think about how to answer questions like,Name a time where listening helped you communicate better.And Name a time when you discover a till shortage and how you handled the problem.Name a time where you had to follow store rules and guidelines when it wasnt convenient. Name a time you had to work with someone with a different backround or belief and how you handled it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance where you had to use creativity to solve a customer problem   1 Answer

Job Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in June 2009.

Interview

I went through four individual interviews, one which was webcam based. I also wrote a sample report paper to be considered, due to the high amount of report writing and paperwork in this position. All interviewers were looking for a number of aspects to see if I would be a good fit - which includes fitting in with employers, disabled clients, and the office environment. It was a bit difficult at times, but very much worth it to have such a rewarding (although very challenging at times) job with a non-profit agency who cares about their employees and the clients they serve. If I had it to do all over again, I would not think twice about putting in the time and effort to go through it all again.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few situational questions, and heavy questions about my previous experiences. Lots of explaination of the position and what it entails. The questions were not structured, and varied quite a bit between each of the interviewers, but you could tell they were looking for specific traits, problem solving skills, and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being a non-profit, wage is based more on education and experience level. I was happy with my offer, coming with the understanding that I work more for the satisfaction than the money, although it does pay my bills. The benefits are very nice as well.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Dayton, OH) in March 2008.

Interview

The culture in the department I work for is very important to asses. There it is more important if they like you, (perhaps comfortable in after work situations) than if you have a degree, paid your dues, and have recieved accolades for the work that you have done.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do to relax?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goodwill (Sacramento, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

First they call you and set up a one on one. You will be interviewed by two regional managers to asses you work history, personality, and management style. They will ask questions about what you would do with the current store being interviewed in, and wait for you to ask them questions about the job and the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that would benefit Goodwill?   Answer Question
    • What opportunitys did you see to improve this store when you walked in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

coming in as a manager in training all pay is at a set pay

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in May 2011.

Interview

They have a very detailed interview process starting with a phone interview then personality test, next is a one on one with HR then one on one with Regional and thee final interview is with the VP (Director of Stores). Then it was about one week until the offer came through. It was about 5 or 6 weeks but very detailed therefore they are not just hiring anyone with a pulse.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on experiences and situations faced with on daily business   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are competitive but there is no room for negotiating salary.

Management Staff Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

Interview

initial phone interview was very good what should have been 15 to 20 minutes wound up a 60 minute conversation. The face to face was more like an interrogation process, I felt more comfortable with the director in the room, when he left, I felt uneasy and unsure of myself and the gentlemen left in the room asked repetitive questions, in other words, they asked questions the director had already asked and taken notes on, one can only assume these men cannot read. I have not received an offer as of yet, but I just did the face to face, I am not sure I would accept at this point anyhow, if I got a negative feeling in the interview alone, I am not so sure the environment itself wouldn't be toxic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when someone told you that you were being unfair?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill (Pueblo, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied on line received e-mail to attend interview interview by two staff members e-mailed to come to hiring process and set up new business was interesting interview.

Interview Questions

• management of difficult people. how to handle any situations of different personalities of people as management   1 Answer

Negotiation

None at will employer

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I applied for the position online. about 4 days later I recieved a phone call for an interview. I had an interview the following week with the person that would be my manager and a manager of another locations. The interview lasted about an hour and included several behavioral type questions. I was then told that I would hear back from them soon. I recieved a call the same day asking me to come in for a second interview the next day. The second interview consisted on the other case manager at the location just asking some very simple questions, just basically checking if we could get along or not since we would be working very closely together. Then the manager can back in and offered my the job. I have to complete a criminal background check and drug screen. I then stated work the following week.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a most difficulty question. Most of the quesitons are behavioral questions in which you have to draw from your own experinces to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. During the first interview the manager told me the starting pay range. Then when I was offered the job I was told how much I would be starting out making.

Case Manager/Job Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodwill (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Very long & interviewed with 4 folks before position ws offered

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with folks that may or may not have tempers   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodwill (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

5 to 7 man panel. You are asked questions like "Tell us about a time you were tempted" or "Tell us about a time you made a mistake and what you did about it."

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time you were tempted"   1 Answer