Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.3

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Online application. Goodwill usually promotes from within so the interview process was fairly minimal.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Initial phone interview. Took 20 mins. Interviewed by HR Rep. It was easy and comfortable.

Case Manager Interview

I answered an online job posting and came in for an interview that lasted about 1.5-2 hours. I filled out an application, wrote a case notes sample and took a short MS Word/Excel proficiency test. I also sat for an interview with my supervisor and agency director.
    Since my position required bilingual skills in French, I also passed a quick language assessment in French.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked whether or not I saw myself in this field in the long term, given my major and past interests (which have a different focus entirely)   Answer Question
    It was my first job out of college, so I dod not negotiate much, not having experience in social work.

Donation Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill.

Applied online. Heard back within a week, conducted a initial phone interview. At the conclusion of the call, set up an in-person interview at the retail store in Fountain Square. Person conducting interview was from the corporate Human Resources department. Apparently all hiring in the central Virginia area is done by this single person (I learned later that this is because they lack the confidence in their own employees to allow the average employee/manager to conduct hiring/firing). Standard interview with standard questions. At conclusion of interview, was taken on a brief tour of the store, introduced to the other employees, and was told I would hear back within 3 days if I got the position. The next day I received a call saying I had acquired the position, was sent an email with the details to a local drug-testing facility, which I went and completed the same day. Waited another 3 days for the results. Received a call from the Human Resources interviewer saying I had passed, and given a date to come in and sign initial hiring paperwork. The day of signing paperwork, I was given my goodwill uniform, and told my starting date and location.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      What personal motivations do you have to be a part of Goodwill's mission?
        View Answer
    No negotiation, job offer was $9/hr. Low range : $8.25 , Mid: $10.22 , High: $12.75

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Standard interview format and questions

Employment Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Very smooth process. Hiring managers and Directors were very accommodating with scheduling. Conversational interview.

Salary was non-negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

I applied online on October 9, 2013 and i was called for an interview 2 days later. The manager on shift was laid back and friendly, she asked simple questions like why do you want to work her, likes and dislikes, can i count money etc. I filled out paperwork and they did the background check. It's October 21,2013 and I just filled out the paperwork for the tax income and stuff and it was send to HR and they should call me for my schedule date for to start working.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

The interview was easy. Basic questions with tour of facility

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Applied online and then called to check on the status of my application. The manager then set me up of an interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The manager just ask tell me about yourself and why goodwill.   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

The people there are very nice/laid-back and helped with the questions i got stuck on

Interview Questions

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!