Goodwill

Average Difficulty
172 candidate interviews

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Online application. Goodwill usually promotes from within so the interview process was fairly minimal.

Interview Question – Why will you succeed when so many others have failed?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Took 20 mins. Interviewed by HR Rep. It was easy and comfortable.

Interview Question – What would your employees say about you?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

Interviewed at Goodwill

Interview Details – I answered an online job posting and came in for an interview that lasted about 1.5-2 hours. I filled out an application, wrote a case notes sample and took a short MS Word/Excel proficiency test. I also sat for an interview with my supervisor and agency director.
Since my position required bilingual skills in French, I also passed a quick language assessment in French.

Interview Question – I was asked whether or not I saw myself in this field in the long term, given my major and past interests (which have a different focus entirely)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was my first job out of college, so I dod not negotiate much, not having experience in social work.

Donation Attendant Interview

Donation Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Applied online. Heard back within a week, conducted a initial phone interview. At the conclusion of the call, set up an in-person interview at the retail store in Fountain Square. Person conducting interview was from the corporate Human Resources department. Apparently all hiring in the central Virginia area is done by this single person (I learned later that this is because they lack the confidence in their own employees to allow the average employee/manager to conduct hiring/firing). Standard interview with standard questions. At conclusion of interview, was taken on a brief tour of the store, introduced to the other employees, and was told I would hear back within 3 days if I got the position. The next day I received a call saying I had acquired the position, was sent an email with the details to a local drug-testing facility, which I went and completed the same day. Waited another 3 days for the results. Received a call from the Human Resources interviewer saying I had passed, and given a date to come in and sign initial hiring paperwork. The day of signing paperwork, I was given my goodwill uniform, and told my starting date and location.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?
What personal motivations do you have to be a part of Goodwill's mission?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, job offer was $9/hr. Low range : $8.25 , Mid: $10.22 , High: $12.75

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Standard interview format and questions

Employment Specialist Interview

Employment Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Very smooth process. Hiring managers and Directors were very accommodating with scheduling. Conversational interview.

Interview Question – "What is the public opinion of our company?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – I applied online on October 9, 2013 and i was called for an interview 2 days later. The manager on shift was laid back and friendly, she asked simple questions like why do you want to work her, likes and dislikes, can i count money etc. I filled out paperwork and they did the background check. It's October 21,2013 and I just filled out the paperwork for the tax income and stuff and it was send to HR and they should call me for my schedule date for to start working.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. Basic questions with tour of facility

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate

Interviewed at Goodwill

Interview Details – Applied online and then called to check on the status of my application. The manager then set me up of an interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The manager just ask tell me about yourself and why goodwill.   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – The people there are very nice/laid-back and helped with the questions i got stuck on

Interview Question – Name a time you showed integrity   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodwill

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodwill interview questions and advice. All 172 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goodwill employees and interview candidates.