Goodwill

2.3

PR Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill in January 2015.

Started with a phone interview then in person with 3 managers. They asked many of the common interview questions but the interviewers were really hard to read. Had a final interview with same people plus ceo and there were several job specific behavioral questions. Followed up much later than planned to say I didn't get the job

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

applied online even though that never works out for me. got a call about a week later asking if I was interested in employment. It was quite funny because I was searching for other jobs and was not properly dressed for an interview.But interview was easy you just have to pass a background check and you're good.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about goodwill. -question threw me off-   Answer Question

Donation Site Attendant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodwill.

it was short the lady said she would give my app. ,resume, and cover letter to the manager then call me. I have gone back three times and have called four times now the position is still available but have herd no good news about it yet

Grants Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Goodwill in January 2014.

I was in contact with Samanthi, my-would-be-supervisor. I emailed my resume, cover letter, and writing sample to her. She then notified me that there was job posting. I submitted my information through a website form. I was contacted by Bobby Pierce via phone to set up an interview time. He asked me to fill out a long application online before my interview. When I came into the campus in Lincoln Heights, I signed in and waited to be called in. I was asked a couple of questions by Bobby and then more questions by Samanthi and Trisha (I think that's her name).

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

email an application, got called to set up a time, came in and answered basic questions, straight forward stuff, got a call back after a background check, started a week later ad went to an orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at ur last job... past conflicts blah blah blah... are you a criminal... what's something you had to over come in a job... were do you see yourself in five years ... why Goodwill what do you know about goodwill...   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill in January 2015.

Applied online. Seven days later was Interviewed over the phone. Start to finish about 15 minutes. Interviewer came across as being rushed. Talked fast and did not allow me to complete sentences before moving on to the next question.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? What is a good reason to miss work? Do you prefer a steady or fast paced day.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Was called soon after I applied and invited to job fair to interview with several people for a position in one of their local stores. Everyone I spoke to was nice and pleasant and really seemed interested in my experience.

Interview Questions
    Very good, options of a few stores to work at and salary needs were met.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interviewed and heard back in two days via email they had hired internally. Seemed like it would be great company to work for. Interview was one on one in a hotel lobby. There was about 20 questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to review a staff member and had to give them criticism how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Database Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

I applied online. I was asked for a face to face interview two months later. I thought it was a very long process. It was a panel interview with a development director, and two other people. It ended up being only an 30 minute interview, and felt very rushed. They didn't seem to explain the mission of Goodwill, or much of what I would I would be doing. I got the sense that no one liked me in the room.

Student Assistant Interview

The hiring process was conducted in a professional manner. I was given two interviews. The first one was with the manager of the program and the second one was with the Vice President of the Vocational program. I was provided a tour of the program and given extensive trainings which came with a certificate after completion. I really enjoyed working around the people and the being able to wear jeans on Fridays. Overall, this was a good entry level job.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me one of your most challenging moments and tell me how you overcame that.   Answer Question