Goodwill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Donation Attendant Interview

Donation Attendant
Aurora, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goodwill in April 2010.

Interview Details – it went well

Interview Question – will i stay at 8.25 when i was ther doing a real good job and there on time   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Clerk Interview

Cashier/Sales Clerk
Charleston, WV

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was a simple process of only questions about availability being asked, and asking if I was willing to do what was in the job description. Hired the same day as interviewed, and started paperwork.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked. They asked me to apply when I was shopping, and was already certain they were going to hire me. Interview was more of a hiring process of filling out paperwork.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told that I would get paid the standard rate which was minimum wage.

Employer Relations Specialist Interview

Employer Relations Specialist
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied. Got a call from VP who did the screening within 3 days. Scheduled an in person interview with Program Coordinator the next week (3 person interview). After we passed that, got a call to schedule a second interview with PC and his supervisor (Asst. Director). A few days later, I got the job offer and headed in for drug testing and paperwork processing.

Interview Question – How would I react if a coworker started gossip about office and coworkers/boss.   View Answers (2)

Manager Interview

Manager
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodwill in October 2010.

Interview Details – You need to fill out an application (either online or in person) and then wait to be called. If called you go in for one interview, unless for manager it could turn into two. Must pass drug test and background check. They are an employer who do hire with a record depending what it s.

Interview Question – What are your best and worst qualities. That can be hard to answer about yourself.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got an interview through a recruiter. Everything was great until the interview. Kind of a bait and switch situation. Interviewed for a store manager position, and was told i would be hired as an assistant until I proved myself which could take anywhere from 6mts to 2years. They pride themselves on development, but it did not seem evident to me.

Interview Question – Basic questions. A lot of why this or why that?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in September 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview and follow up in-person interviews with the manager and the other staff. Many types of questions. the groups interview with the other staff was interesting. They all had questions that focused on other areas of the department. i got to know more about the job from this interview. everyone seemed to be mission-focused and care about what they do. know the mission and know what all Goodwill does before interviewing.

Interview Question – what do people think about you that isn't true.   Answer Question

Job Coach Interview

Job Coach
Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

Interview Details – quick asked a bunch of behavioral quesions the usual nonsense that are asked.

Interview Question – what was the most important thing youhave ever done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotitation

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – The people there are very nice/laid-back and helped with the questions i got stuck on

Interview Question – Name a time you showed integrity   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was wonderful. Best interview I've ever had

AmeriCorps Member/Career Center Facilitator Interview

AmeriCorps Member/Career Center Facilitator
Valdosta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in October 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an online profile and application through the AmeriCorps website that was sent to this organization. In addition to the AmeriCorps application, I filled out an application to the organization itself for the AmeriCorps position with my resume and cover letter attached. After a week or so I was called to schedule an interview. I was called back a week later with an offer to take the AmeriCorps position at this particular organization. Before starting, I had to fill out some paperwork for AmeriCorps and different paperwork for Goodwill. I also had to take a drug test for Goodwill (this was a requirement to work with Goodwill Industries, but is not necessarily a requirement for other AmeriCorps positions at other non-profit organizations).

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a valuable asset to our Career Center team?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodwill