Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Applied online by making a profile & submitting resume. Got a call for an interview a little over a month later for the next Monday.

Arrived about 15 minutes early & was able to see the Store Manager & Hiring Manager soon as I got there. Very easy going interview. Usual questions like "What experience do you have?" "What is good customer service to you?" "Why should we choose you?"

Interviews lasted about 5 minutes then I was asked to sit in the break room for a few minutes. When I was called back into the office they had my offer of contingency ready for me to sign. A little later in the week I was called to go to the clinic to take my drug test. Once the results came back about a week later I set up to attend the next orientation class the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start at minimum wage which was 8.00 at the time & 9.00 now.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Palm Coast, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online, was called some time later from the regional office and asked if I wanted a job and when I answered I need a job, I was told to start in the store on a certain day. I guess they just look at my past experience on my application and thought I would fit.

Interview Questions

• Would I agree to a low base hourly amount.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take what they were offering, and since I was in a financial bind I had to accept.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buckeye, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Buckeye, AZ).

Interview

First had to apply online and pick a day for a pre-screen interview. After a week, I followed up by asking the store for another interview. Luckily, they were interviewing and I had called and asked once more. They then scheduled me to come in a couple days later and that week I was hired and given information about training.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you demonstrated above and beyond excellence?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

quick and efficient interviews. Proper questions asked. No personal questions asked. Very polite, sharing what the job consist of and expectations of the position. Great knowledge of company and all the benefits they offer. Shared history and planed goals for future.

Interview Questions

• past issues with top management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy and comfortable.

A/P Specialist Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager 2 weeks after applying for the job. Next I invited to complete a form. This form was a document they used before selecting the candidate they want to bring in for the interview. Take your time and answer questions properly. Next was the interview, then lunch with the team. Sounds lengthy but it took mayb 6 weeks at most. Corporate is extremely fast pace.....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do your research...because their expanding their budget is pretty tight. If you ask for more make sure you are worth it!

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Very strange. Management clearly did not have recruiting experience. Asked the basic interview questions and walked me around the warehouse. I talked with another asst manager. At the end of the interview I had the job without even knowing it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I had to submit a resume, and answer some questions online. I then got a call asking me to come in for an interview. At the store before the interview I had to fill out a sheet that had my availability to work on it. Then they took me to a back room where the interviewer asked questions about when and for how long I would be able to work, why I wanted the job, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about why I put down the availability that I did, which was sometimes kind of hard to answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Done by store manager. She admitted she hates to do any HR. I only got the job because I pestered her for three weeks. After hired, I became the HR manager because I am able to actually interact with other humans.

Interview Questions

• None. She read from a script and with a good imagination, I became a superstar.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. I needed a job. Things are tough here in Maine!

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill (Roswell, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Went there and they called me into the office to start the process. The manager was really nice, and he talked about what Goodwill does. It was a lot of information!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Buckhead, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied to goodwill online and went into one of the goodwills I applied for the very next day.
    I was already dressed professionally and asked to speak to a manager about my application process. Turns out, they decided to give me an interview.

So, I waited beside the manager's office until one of the hiring managers came to interview and walked to another office. It's just me and the lady that's interviewing me. She started asking me simple interview questiions such as "Why do you want to work for Goodwill?" and "How would your previous employers describe your work ethic?" After a few questions, there was a drug test. It's the swap test, disgusting taste by the way. Once you pass the drug test, you have to wait 3 days for the background check to come back; however, depending on the store, they can set up the employment for you to start working before your background check comes back.
    I sat in the office and completed the rest of the paperwork and tax paperwork then I was all set!

Everyone who works there are very nice and have very positive attitudes about moving up in the company. If you want a retail store to grow with, this is a great company to start :)

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions:
      Why do you want to work for Goodwill?
      What qualities would your previous employer say about you?
      What is your weakness?
      Tell me more about yourself. (Doesn't matter if its personal or professional as long as it relates to the job)

Answer Question