Goodwill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Hudson, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in August 2012.

Interview Details – why do you want to work here? The same as any retail store interview. Interview with two managers, followed by a phone call with job offer. One day group video orientation, training. Get to know your coworkers and have a blast.

Interview Question – What makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in December 2013.

Interview Details – A relative helped me get the job so I did not have to do an online application just went in to an interview with a few basic questions mostly behaviour questions

Interview Question – What is your availability?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Processor Interview

Processor
Reno, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the regional bookstore about one month ago, and never heard anything, and coming in person didn't really help. Then, after the month, I got a phone call (and in-office interview) from a regional manager who manages 16 stores in the area. Clearly a very busy person, but he was easy to talk to. Asked a few general questions about prior history, education, etc, and through showing general competence and intelligence, was hired on the spot. The interview was simple, just the two of us, and the other workers seemed pretty down-on-their-luck, but friendly. It's not hard to get hired if you are willing to work hard(ish).

Interview Question – "What is your favourite movie, and why?" Oddball question, but definitely simple.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Honestly, he prefaced hiring me by saying "the place where you will be working is basically a 'testosterone-fest'. It's only men working there, and it's hard labor, and it's hard to keep up with demand for your time," and also inferred that people tend to screw off because he didn't want you on your phone just because he wasn't there. I was uncomfortable with everything he said about the location, so told him I would come in two days later for paperwork, and called him the next day to turn it down. He was really nice and offered several other possibilities to make me more comfortable, but it wasn't worth it to me. It would have been a really hard sell to get me to take the job. But he was really nice.

Assembly Interview

Assembly

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

Interview Details – Called me to see if I was available . Went in to talk to a recruiter. She asked the normal questions and I answered. I filled out all the paperwork required. Took the required test that were needed. She was a very pleasant person to talk too. She really made you feel at ease.

Interview Question – there were no detailed questions involved.   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Utility Worker
Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in and filled out an application. I was called for an interview a week later. They asked many questions about difficult and dissatisfied customers, and how I dealt with the situations. A week later they asked me to do a drug screening/ background check.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable being in only one position for your entire time of employment.   Answer Question

Textile Sorter Interview

Textile Sorter

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Goodwill in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by one person and it was simple. It was basic questions like "why do you want to work here?" "tell me about yourself," and questions about previous jobs.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

Interviewed at Goodwill

Interview Details – pretalk interview, face to face interview, second round face to face interview

Lead Clerk Interview

Lead Clerk
McKinney, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in September 2013.

Interview Details – very unproffesional didnt mean boss at all

Interview Question – will u start now   Answer Question

Donation Attendant Interview

Donation Attendant
Aurora, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goodwill in April 2010.

Interview Details – it went well

Interview Question – will i stay at 8.25 when i was ther doing a real good job and there on time   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Clerk Interview

Cashier/Sales Clerk
Charleston, WV

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goodwill in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was a simple process of only questions about availability being asked, and asking if I was willing to do what was in the job description. Hired the same day as interviewed, and started paperwork.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked. They asked me to apply when I was shopping, and was already certain they were going to hire me. Interview was more of a hiring process of filling out paperwork.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told that I would get paid the standard rate which was minimum wage.