Goodwill Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.3

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I was called for an interview at the store. It was pretty basic. She asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work for Goodwill. Then a weird timed math test where all the answers were 12. I was given a short tour of the backroom area and told that HR would be checking my references and that I would get a call from them. That call came almost a week later. I got a voicemail from a lady at the corporate office. It took several days for her to return my call since I called after office hours and left a message. When she called me I was told I was invited to an 8 hour long orientation class in another week. Luckily we were paid for this 8 hours, which I wasn't told until later. It took a little over two weeks to actually begin working in the store.

Interview Questions

• I was basically hired on the spot by the assistant store manager, then had to be turned over to HR dept. for background checks. The only tricky thing was the math test listed above.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tell you that everyone starts at minimum wage but that you are guaranteed a full 40 hours a week as though that makes up for it.

Job Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodwill (Greensboro, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

It took a month and a half before I received a call for the interview. There was a panel interview. Because it is a non profit corporation it takes longer to receive feedback. They do not let you know salary. They will send out an offer letter if you are the chosen candidate.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday and got a call on the following Monday to come in for an interview. I went in the next day for the interview. It was about 10 minutes long. The questions weren't very hard. There were a lot of "tell me about a time that..." questions. I thought it went very well but they said they had a few more interviews to do and they would let me know in a couple days if I got the job. The following business day I got a call saying that I was being offered the job and to come in the following day to fill out paperwork and go for a drug test. The whole process from when I applied to when I was hired was only about a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you....just a lot of questions like this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Seven days later was Interviewed over the phone. Start to finish about 15 minutes. Interviewer came across as being rushed. Talked fast and did not allow me to complete sentences before moving on to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is a good reason to miss work? Do you prefer a steady or fast paced day.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Applied online by making a profile & submitting resume. Got a call for an interview a little over a month later for the next Monday.

Arrived about 15 minutes early & was able to see the Store Manager & Hiring Manager soon as I got there. Very easy going interview. Usual questions like "What experience do you have?" "What is good customer service to you?" "Why should we choose you?"

Interviews lasted about 5 minutes then I was asked to sit in the break room for a few minutes. When I was called back into the office they had my offer of contingency ready for me to sign. A little later in the week I was called to go to the clinic to take my drug test. Once the results came back about a week later I set up to attend the next orientation class the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start at minimum wage which was 8.00 at the time & 9.00 now.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Palm Coast, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online, was called some time later from the regional office and asked if I wanted a job and when I answered I need a job, I was told to start in the store on a certain day. I guess they just look at my past experience on my application and thought I would fit.

Interview Questions

• Would I agree to a low base hourly amount.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take what they were offering, and since I was in a financial bind I had to accept.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodwill (Beaverton, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Went in to job connection got an interview the next day. Interview went fine then I got a second interview because the manager was not there. And then I got the job. The interview is super easy.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buckeye, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Buckeye, AZ).

Interview

First had to apply online and pick a day for a pre-screen interview. After a week, I followed up by asking the store for another interview. Luckily, they were interviewing and I had called and asked once more. They then scheduled me to come in a couple days later and that week I was hired and given information about training.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you demonstrated above and beyond excellence?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

quick and efficient interviews. Proper questions asked. No personal questions asked. Very polite, sharing what the job consist of and expectations of the position. Great knowledge of company and all the benefits they offer. Shared history and planed goals for future.

Interview Questions

• past issues with top management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy and comfortable.

A/P Specialist Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager 2 weeks after applying for the job. Next I invited to complete a form. This form was a document they used before selecting the candidate they want to bring in for the interview. Take your time and answer questions properly. Next was the interview, then lunch with the team. Sounds lengthy but it took mayb 6 weeks at most. Corporate is extremely fast pace.....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do your research...because their expanding their budget is pretty tight. If you ask for more make sure you are worth it!