Goodwill

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.3

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Applied online and then called to check on the status of my application. The manager then set me up of an interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The manager just ask tell me about yourself and why goodwill.   View Answer

Case Manager/Job Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goodwill.

Very long & interviewed with 4 folks before position ws offered

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working with folks that may or may not have tempers   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waite Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waite Park, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodwill in January 2014.

Interviewed by two people. They asked me the typical questions. Why I wanted to work there, was there ever a time that I had a difficult customer and what did I do. They were pretty nice really.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodwill in January 2014.

phone interview, if your liked then in person interview. The process is standard questions and standard answers, just want to know if you have the personality to get along with everyone else and have OPEN availibity. that is the most important they they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you had to deal with a angry customer and what did you do in the situation and what was the outcome   View Answer

Office Assistant II - Contract With the State Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodwill.

very easy and comfortable for the most part

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation phase

Program Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goodwill.

Classified ad. Called in for interview with just one VP.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Helps to know politically-correct lingo regarding people (with disabilities, ethnicity, etc.). Must show genuine caring for people.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in December 2013.

A relative helped me get the job so I did not have to do an online application just went in to an interview with a few basic questions mostly behaviour questions

N/A

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in December 2013.

Was called for an interview with a manager named Angelek Larkins here in Phoenix Arizona. Interview went awesome and I was told I was everything they were looking for and got an offer on the spot. I was thrilled! I heard the company was amazing, and I really believed in their mission. I was ready to start and give 200% effort to this non-profit!

However, when a week passed by and I had not heard anything, my excitement quickly fleeted. I called Angelek, left several voicemails, left messages with the secretary; and never got any response at all. . .Not even an email. In addition it was 2 weeks before Christmas, I thought I nailed the perfect job. That all really added insult to injury. Was one of the most depressing experiences of my life honestly.

I am a dedicated leader and I would have been one of the best employees they ever had because I believe in people, and their mission. I'm disappointed in Goodwill if that's how they treat people, so now even if I was offered a job there I really wouldn't be inclined to take the offer.

Cashier/Processor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

Got called in for an interview and met with the store manager. She asked me some basic questions that you get asked on interviews. We had some small/personal talk during the interview. Told me they were really in need of someone quick and said I could start as soon as possible. She was really friendly and I knew a few of the people that worked there, so I felt it would be a nice place to work.

Interview Questions
    • I hate interviews and am not good at them, so they were all difficult to me! There really weren't any tough ones or unexpected ones that I can remember.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

EBusiness Product Lister Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Searched Goodwill Industries of San Diego Jobs; Linked Facebook account; Uploaded basic resume; checked status for two weeks; changed from "Submitted" to "Under review"; received call for interview at Lovelock location; Interviewed with second in charge of operations; Offered job two days later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation; wage on job offer page.