Goodwill

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Job Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in June 2009.

I went through four individual interviews, one which was webcam based. I also wrote a sample report paper to be considered, due to the high amount of report writing and paperwork in this position. All interviewers were looking for a number of aspects to see if I would be a good fit - which includes fitting in with employers, disabled clients, and the office environment. It was a bit difficult at times, but very much worth it to have such a rewarding (although very challenging at times) job with a non-profit agency who cares about their employees and the clients they serve. If I had it to do all over again, I would not think twice about putting in the time and effort to go through it all again.

Interview Questions
  • There were quite a few situational questions, and heavy questions about my previous experiences. Lots of explaination of the position and what it entails. The questions were not structured, and varied quite a bit between each of the interviewers, but you could tell they were looking for specific traits, problem solving skills, and experience.   Answer Question
Being a non-profit, wage is based more on education and experience level. I was happy with my offer, coming with the understanding that I work more for the satisfaction than the money, although it does pay my bills. The benefits are very nice as well.