Goodwill Production Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

1.8

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I was called by an HR person out of town and set up for the interview at my location. I showed up about 10 minutes early, though I waited a good 15-20 minutes for my interviewer because apparently she had something more important to do than deal with a scheduled interview. I got a quick tour of the place and shown the various job duties in both the front and back of the store. I was asked which two roles I would be most interested in, and since I applied for the Production Associate position, I obviously went with two of the backroom duties I was shown. She didn't seem to like that I didn't pick something where I would be interacting with customers and was later even asked if I had any customer experience, which I don't.

I was then asked a series of fairly basic interview questions. I felt I came up with some decent answers for most of them, but others not so much as was evident by the interviewer's silent stares at some of my responses. At the conclusion of the interview I was told a decision would be made sometime next week and that there were a couple of more interviews she had to go through.

It's been almost two months and I never heard back or received one of those typical rejection e-mails. Looking at the kind of people that get hired, I may not have been a good fit as there's a good chance a veteran, a high school student, or someone with a troubled background got hired as that's the sort of thing Goodwill does. It's fairly noble, but it didn't seem like the ideal place to work anyway. The store was dirty and disorganized. Some of the employees up front were not very courteous to me customers.

Interview Questions

• Expect to be asked what you know about Goodwill.   Answer Question
  • What is teamwork?   1 Answer
  • If you donated an item, how would you expect it to be treated?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill (Richmond, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Filled out basic application online, was called about a week and a half later. Went to initial interview, was super easy and basic, the lady interviewing me was very relaxed. Filled out a personality test thing and a math skills test afterward. Was called about a week later for drug screening, passed, was offered the job a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Steamboat Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goodwill (Steamboat Springs, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Was ok but a little intense for position. They called me in first. Got there and made me wait at the coffee bar for 15 minutes. Then they had me interview in the front office with three different people at the same time. They were very nice and smiley. Called me later that day to hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodwill (Woodridge, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I initially applied at the Bolingbrook, IL location, but received a call about interviewing for a position at the new Woodridge location that is scheduled to open sometime in July. I was greeted very cordially by several of the staff members, including HR, and the interview was very, very easy. My interviewer was very kind and laid-back, and hired me that same day - which was nice, no "waiting game" to play. I was referred to a clinic in my area for a drug test and was told they would do a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that someone was upset with you. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What interests you about working with Goodwill?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were upset with someone else. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodwill (Tacoma, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

They called me in, brought me to a room the was in the back, asked me basic scenario questions,. He asked me what I knew about goodwills affiliations and programs (I did research before hand), asked my flexibility and skills, I brought in a resume (it looks good) Getting a job there was great, they offer extra classes and relocation.

Interview Questions

• How do you do under stress?   1 Answer
    • What do you do with a customer that is angry or unhappy with your service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Dont be late, the buses make it a bit hard to get there if you don't drive so you NEED to leave early if you do, I almost flunked the interview.

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

one interview, very informal. Hiring supervisor was grateful that I would be another english speaking employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are not negotiable with pay and or with shifts. Told that everyone makes minimum wage no matter the years of experience I had. I needed the job and they needed another employee.