Goodwill

Very Easy Interview

Production Or Sales Associate Interview

Production Or Sales Associate
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived to the interview about twenty minutes earlier than scheduled and had difficulty locating a worker anywhere in the store to help me. After a few moments of confused wandering, I waited in line to let the cashier know that I'd arrived and my purpose for being there. The interview was okay at first. The woman seemed a bit preoccupied but she was pretty friendly and easy to converse with, so I went into the interview with ease.

I passed the drug test and she seemed pleased with this. Sometime during my interview, however; there was a power outage. This was where the problems began. We went back into the office so that she could fill out the information for the background check, and she couldn't log into the computer. After five minutes of trying, she finally gave up. Eventually, she made a copy of my id - after mocking me and giving me the third degree for still having one from my hometown (though I haven't lived here for all that long, really, and the process to get it changed over here is ridiculous). She told me she would find someone to help her log in and would give me a call to come back and sign the papers, since I didn't live too far away.

Tuesday passed and I heard nothing from her, so I called back today to ask her what was going on, and if I still needed to come in and sign the papers. She didn't seem all that interested but told me to come in. When I got there, it was one of the most rude, most bizarre interactions of my entire life. Again, there was no one to help me and I ended up asking someone at the accessory counter for help. She told me to knock on the office door, and after doing so, a woman - later, I realized the cashier I'd talked to on Monday - slammed the door in my face after saying nothing more than 'oh' with a derisive snort.

Surprisingly, I kept my cool, and waited patiently until the door opened and I was greeted by the woman I'd had an interview with, but eventually had the door slammed in my face again. After waiting yet another almost ten minutes, she ushers me into the office and continues to be rude and dismissive, a complete turnaround from Monday. She again grilled me about my id, even though it had only been two days and there was no way I could've had it changed in that time, and got almost all my information wrong on the sheet, even though it was sitting right in front of her. Still, I remained hopeful, and at the end asked her when I could expect a call back. She said the background check would take a few days. A few hours after I returned home, there was a lovely email waiting for me in my inbox, telling me I didn't get the position. They didn't even send the check out! It's just as well. I'm not sure I'd even want to work here, now.

Interview Question – None. The questions were pretty easy. Definitely read up on Goodwill, though, one of the first things they ask you is what you know about the organization.   Answer Question

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!