Goodwill Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goodwill in September 2014.

I saw a job fair posting online on the website Indeed.com. I came to the job fair where there were other applicants for different positions signing in. After I signed in I was asked by one of the representatives to fill out an application.After I filled out the application I had a seat and waited to be called. Once called I was greeted by a store manager from a different goodwill store and had my first interview. She was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the company. After interviewing with her I was greeted by the district manager who was quite unorganized and unkempt. She interviewed with me and seemed impressed by my knowledge of retail and said she was very interested and closed the interview with you will be hearing from me in 3 days...two weeks past and she never called. I called her and she seemed very agitated that I made a follow up call, very unprofessional.

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodwill in March 2014.

I got an interview through a recruiter. Everything was great until the interview. Kind of a bait and switch situation. Interviewed for a store manager position, and was told i would be hired as an assistant until I proved myself which could take anywhere from 6mts to 2years. They pride themselves on development, but it did not seem evident to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview was fine and later I realized the questions being asked had nothing to do with my ability to perform the tasks required of me but of a more personal note.

Interview Questions
    • If I needed a hire my "right hand man", how do you see yourself in that position.   View Answer
    • Unexpected was if I had other interests outside of work that made me a "fun" person.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Pretty much based on if they like your personality

They told me what I would make....no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodwill in March 2012.

5 to 7 man panel. You are asked questions like "Tell us about a time you were tempted" or "Tell us about a time you made a mistake and what you did about it."

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time you were tempted"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

First interview was at the store with Director of Sales, Second at company headquarters with the COO also.

Interview Questions
    • Really pretty straightforward....nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    I felt that a fair starting salary was offered, so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodwill in May 2010.

Very quick. Interview for about 10 min. Core values were the same,m immediate click

No negotiation. I accepted

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

Initial phone interview. Took 20 mins. Interviewed by HR Rep. It was easy and comfortable.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Online application. Goodwill usually promotes from within so the interview process was fairly minimal.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in April 2012.

Recruiter called from their on-line website posting for Store Manager position. One hour phone interview. I was then set up with a one on one interview and a personality test 2 days later. This process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation that you had to address that no-one in your organization wanted to deal with?   Answer Question

Job was a bait and switch. I was offered an assistant manager position making 10-15 thousand less than my current salary, even though my salaried requirements were discussed on the phone interview (Twice.) When I asked recruiter about the store manager position I applied for he said there is no position they are just "benching" managers for a possible openings. Sounds to me like they are posting positions that they already have in house candidates for but have no back fill for their current managers if promoted.