Goodwill

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2014.

Interview Details – I got an interview through a recruiter. Everything was great until the interview. Kind of a bait and switch situation. Interviewed for a store manager position, and was told i would be hired as an assistant until I proved myself which could take anywhere from 6mts to 2years. They pride themselves on development, but it did not seem evident to me.

Interview Question – Basic questions. A lot of why this or why that?   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was at the store with Director of Sales, Second at company headquarters with the COO also.

Interview Question – Really pretty straightforward....nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I felt that a fair starting salary was offered, so I accepted.

Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Interview was fine and later I realized the questions being asked had nothing to do with my ability to perform the tasks required of me but of a more personal note.

Interview Questions

• If I needed a hire my "right hand man", how do you see yourself in that position.   View Answer
  • Unexpected was if I had other interests outside of work that made me a "fun" person.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Pretty much based on if they like your personality

Negotiation Details – They told me what I would make....no negotiations

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2012.

Interview Details – 5 to 7 man panel. You are asked questions like "Tell us about a time you were tempted" or "Tell us about a time you made a mistake and what you did about it."

Interview Question – "Tell us about a time you were tempted"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very quick. Interview for about 10 min. Core values were the same,m immediate click

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I accepted

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Took 20 mins. Interviewed by HR Rep. It was easy and comfortable.

Interview Question – What would your employees say about you?   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview Details – Online application. Goodwill usually promotes from within so the interview process was fairly minimal.

Interview Question – Why will you succeed when so many others have failed?   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in April 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called from their on-line website posting for Store Manager position. One hour phone interview. I was then set up with a one on one interview and a personality test 2 days later. This process took about 3 hours.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation that you had to address that no-one in your organization wanted to deal with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Job was a bait and switch. I was offered an assistant manager position making 10-15 thousand less than my current salary, even though my salaried requirements were discussed on the phone interview (Twice.) When I asked recruiter about the store manager position I applied for he said there is no position they are just "benching" managers for a possible openings. Sounds to me like they are posting positions that they already have in house candidates for but have no back fill for their current managers if promoted.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is basis with questions that you could find online. They ask about your experiences and then attempt to scare you away by showing you all the flaws that they have.

Interview Question – If you were a dog what kind would you be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goodwill

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodwill Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goodwill employees and interview candidates.