Goodwill

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.1

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interviewed and heard back in two days via email they had hired internally. Seemed like it would be great company to work for. Interview was one on one in a hotel lobby. There was about 20 questions.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to review a staff member and had to give them criticism how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goodwill in September 2014.

I saw a job fair posting online on the website Indeed.com. I came to the job fair where there were other applicants for different positions signing in. After I signed in I was asked by one of the representatives to fill out an application.After I filled out the application I had a seat and waited to be called. Once called I was greeted by a store manager from a different goodwill store and had my first interview. She was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the company. After interviewing with her I was greeted by the district manager who was quite unorganized and unkempt. She interviewed with me and seemed impressed by my knowledge of retail and said she was very interested and closed the interview with you will be hearing from me in 3 days...two weeks past and she never called. I called her and she seemed very agitated that I made a follow up call, very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Goodwill in March 2014.

I got an interview through a recruiter. Everything was great until the interview. Kind of a bait and switch situation. Interviewed for a store manager position, and was told i would be hired as an assistant until I proved myself which could take anywhere from 6mts to 2years. They pride themselves on development, but it did not seem evident to me.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodwill.

Interview was fine and later I realized the questions being asked had nothing to do with my ability to perform the tasks required of me but of a more personal note.

Interview Questions
    • If I needed a hire my "right hand man", how do you see yourself in that position.   View Answer
    • Unexpected was if I had other interests outside of work that made me a "fun" person.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goodwill.

Pretty much based on if they like your personality

They told me what I would make....no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodwill in March 2012.

5 to 7 man panel. You are asked questions like "Tell us about a time you were tempted" or "Tell us about a time you made a mistake and what you did about it."

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time you were tempted"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

First interview was at the store with Director of Sales, Second at company headquarters with the COO also.

Interview Questions
    • Really pretty straightforward....nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    I felt that a fair starting salary was offered, so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodwill in May 2010.

Very quick. Interview for about 10 min. Core values were the same,m immediate click

No negotiation. I accepted

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodwill.

Initial phone interview. Took 20 mins. Interviewed by HR Rep. It was easy and comfortable.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodwill.

Online application. Goodwill usually promotes from within so the interview process was fairly minimal.