Goodwill Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2014.

I got an interview through a recruiter. Everything was great until the interview. Kind of a bait and switch situation. Interviewed for a store manager position, and was told i would be hired as an assistant until I proved myself which could take anywhere from 6mts to 2years. They pride themselves on development, but it did not seem evident to me.

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in January 2012.

First interview was at the store with Director of Sales, Second at company headquarters with the COO also.

Interview Questions
    • Really pretty straightforward....nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    I felt that a fair starting salary was offered, so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview was fine and later I realized the questions being asked had nothing to do with my ability to perform the tasks required of me but of a more personal note.

Interview Questions
    • If I needed a hire my "right hand man", how do you see yourself in that position.   View Answer
    • Unexpected was if I had other interests outside of work that made me a "fun" person.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Goodwill.

Pretty much based on if they like your personality

They told me what I would make....no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Goodwill in March 2012.

5 to 7 man panel. You are asked questions like "Tell us about a time you were tempted" or "Tell us about a time you made a mistake and what you did about it."

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time you were tempted"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill in May 2010.

Very quick. Interview for about 10 min. Core values were the same,m immediate click

No negotiation. I accepted

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Goodwill.

Initial phone interview. Took 20 mins. Interviewed by HR Rep. It was easy and comfortable.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill.

Online application. Goodwill usually promotes from within so the interview process was fairly minimal.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodwill in April 2012.

Recruiter called from their on-line website posting for Store Manager position. One hour phone interview. I was then set up with a one on one interview and a personality test 2 days later. This process took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation that you had to address that no-one in your organization wanted to deal with?   Answer Question

Job was a bait and switch. I was offered an assistant manager position making 10-15 thousand less than my current salary, even though my salaried requirements were discussed on the phone interview (Twice.) When I asked recruiter about the store manager position I applied for he said there is no position they are just "benching" managers for a possible openings. Sounds to me like they are posting positions that they already have in house candidates for but have no back fill for their current managers if promoted.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodwill in October 2010.

Interview is basis with questions that you could find online. They ask about your experiences and then attempt to scare you away by showing you all the flaws that they have.

Interview Questions

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!