Goodyear Interview Questions in Akron, OH

3.4

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in July 2014.

Recruiter contacted me early in the year and asked me to apply online. Did so and received a rejection email a week later.

Recruiter contacted me again a month ago, asked me to apply online, again, for the same position. Did so and was called for a phone interview. Apparently did well enough on the phone interview to warrant an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 different people, one from HR, three from the department. Received rejection email on the Saturday after the interview (work-life balance, anyone?).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or technical. All "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in June 2013.

The interview process is a very extensive one, as one would expect from a company as large as Goodyear. I had four rather extensive interviews with both attorneys for whom the job was assigned. Two interviews were conducted by both attorneys at the same time and each attorney interviewed me again separately. Once those were completed, I then interviewed with the head of the department. It is a very thorough and professional interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was how my former employer would describe my best trait and my worst. Its tough to answer without sounding either overly confident or not worthy of the job.   Answer Question

North America Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2014.

Very thorough interview process -- three rounds with internal recruiter, HR and management team. Everyone seemed friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard and related to my specific background/capabilities. No oddball questions.   Answer Question

Professional - Corp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Goodyear.

Applied online (make sure to copy your answers to a word document - the form is wonky and my answers kept disappearing). After about two weeks, I was scheduled through recruiting company for a 30 min. phone interview. On the phone screening, the team mentioned wanting to move quickly (decision within two weeks). I followed up after two weeks since I didn't hear anything and was told there were no decisions made with the position yet. That was nearly two months ago and I haven't heard anything since (not even a note that they were pursuing other candidates). Pretty poor lack of communication.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. General skill set and experience questions on the initial screening call.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in October 2013.

My first contact with Goodyear came at a career fair at my school. I talked to the recruiters and was offered an interview for the next day. By that Friday I found out I was invited to the headquarters in Akron for a second round interview that was scheduled to occur the next week. When I got there I had four interview each of them scheduled to last 30 minutes. It was very relaxed. I went in expecting a lot of technical questions, but I wasn't asked any. Two of the interviewers asked behavioral questions and the other two asked me questions based off my past experiences. (Haven't heard back yet, its been 3 days)

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in August 2012.

Very comfortable interview process. Recruited at local university where initial interviews were held, then attended HQ for second-rounds. HR services could use a slight upgrade, however management makes you feel very comfortable and don't try to stump you throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why as a young professional do you want to work in the tire industry?   View Answer

Executive Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2011.

After submitting resume and they are interested, there is a telephone interview based on "behavioral pattern interviewing". If you pass that level, you will be called in for an in-person interview with multiple panels, including attorneys, executive administrators, and HR personnel.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral pattern interviewing questions are grueling and strenuous. For example, "Tell us about an example where you made a mistake at your job. What did you do? What was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2012.

Met Goodyear representatives at NSBE convention. Had a nice one-on-one interview with them. After 2 months or so, they called about my availability for an open position. 2 rounds of phone interviews followed and then an on-site interview

employment authorization problem

Innovation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in December 2012.

I applied online, and the first hurdle is passing through their recruitment agency, The RightThing. In my case, the outside firm declined me but an actual Goodyear HR recruiter contacted me on LInkedIn and got me back into the process. I do not know how to "pass" the screen test from their outside agency, but from reading here and elsewhere it seems to be almost luck. They are not very good at their job nor do they understand the positions.

There was a phone interview followed by an online video interview with the hiring manager. Very good interview and meaningful questions related to the job. Nothing too surprising.

I was invited to a final onsite interview. This was a 3 - 4 hour process and included a lunch interview. My first interviewer was an HR representative. This person was very nice, but perpetuated the stereotype of a worthless HR recruiter. Stock meaningless questions that seemed to come from a negative point of view, e.g. tell me about a weakness (then another one), a time you failed, a struggle, etc. They wanted all of my salary history, but in turn would not volunteer any compensation information. In fact, all of the interviewers followed some sort of corporate guide in asking questions. I then spoke with two potential colleagues. Nice people, corporate questions. This was followed by a one-on-one with another individual and finally a one-on-one with the hiring manager. This included an interview over lunch. His questions deviated from the stock corporate framework and were more insightful and related to the position. My final interview was with a senior VP executive. Nice guy, good questions and nothing too odd.

I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks, at the end of which I reached out to corporate and their agency. Did not hear back for several more weeks and eventually found out they passed on me. More on that later.

The Good:
    Everybody was very nice and personable. They seemed to be genuinely good people.

The Bad:
    Terrible HR competency, both internal to Goodyear and external agency. A search for cliche and pointless interview questions would give a good idea of their HR interview approach. Take HR out of the equation, and it would have been better. Nice people, just terrible systems.

The Ugly:
    Unprofessional incompetence. While I was very disappointed in not receiving an offer, I'm a grown adult and am OK with a rejection. What upset me was the lack of communication. I interviewed for a mid-senior level position. I was expecting a phone call, which I did not get. At the minimum I would have expected an email. I did not even get that. I received zero communication from them regarding my status. No phone call, no personalized email, no generic thanks-but-no-thanks email. I found out by logging into my online candidate account online.

An absolutely terrible experience. I will no longer ever purchase a product from Goodyear based on their blatant unprofessional lack of communicating their decision. Sort of ironic in that part of the position dealt with the customer experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goodyear.

Submitted application to direct supervisor, then submitted application through third-party. After then submitting writing samples, was called for short phone interview. After phone interview came in for a in-person interview. Met with around 5 different team members, and also took and editing test as well as writing test, for total of a 4 hour interview. Then after around a week and a half, got the call to hire, then went back in to take a drug test. Once test was complete, another few weeks for paperwork and testing to process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about previous experience in relation to what I would be doing with Goodyear and how it has influenced me. Almost every person asked me this question.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation, took the offer they gave.

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!