Goodyear Interview Questions in Akron, OH

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.3

Marketing Manager/North America Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

Contacted by an outside recruiting firm followed by a phone interview. A month later I was contacted by Goodyear HR for a video interview based on behavioral and culture fit questions. Another month later I was contacted by HR again to ask if I was still interested but in the course of our conversation I learned that the scope and responsibilities of the original position changed. I was concerned but still continued with the interview process. 2-3 weeks later I was brought in for a half day interview with multiple team members. Standard interview questions but focused heavily on culture and team fit. Based on past conversations I believe the department experienced some significant turn over and a very specific "fit" was needed. Great conversations with HR and hiring manager but other team members made no effort to hide the fact that they were missable and disgruntled. They were clear that only a specific person fits with the Goodyear culture but they couldn't provide examples or characteristics. After my interview i leveraged my network for advice and past employees spoke of morale issues and others had similar interview experiences. Received an email 2 weeks later stating that I was being turned down for the role.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I met with HR, department manager, HR manager, and regional manager. I had three meetings in person and two over Skype. Did a brief skills assessment on excel simulation.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview, a personality test and a long in-person interview in Akron. The people doing the interviews seemed distracted and acted like they did not want to be there. They did not have good things to say about the direction of the company or the people. All of the people gave me great feedback and said I would get the job yet they did not even take me to the next step. They also ask you to do a case study which is childish and not needed at this level.

Business Process Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

the interviews were good. i had three before i got the job. i think the drug test was bad. they cut off a big chunk of my hair and the women was very rude.

Interview Questions

• normal stuff like why I left my last job had I ever been fired stuff like that.   1 Answer

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Goodyear uses for their positions. After e-mail communication he and I had a phone conversation. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name three questions you would ask if you were going to design a user access provisioning system?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then received a call within a few days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour. Asked the standard questions. Nothing difficult or out of the norm.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me early in the year and asked me to apply online. Did so and received a rejection email a week later. Recruiter contacted me again a month ago, asked me to apply online, again, for the same position. Did so and was called for a phone interview. Apparently did well enough on the phone interview to warrant an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 different people, one from HR, three from the department. Received rejection email on the Saturday after the interview (work-life balance, anyone?).

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or technical. All "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Professional - Corp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

Applied online (make sure to copy your answers to a word document - the form is wonky and my answers kept disappearing). After about two weeks, I was scheduled through recruiting company for a 30 min. phone interview. On the phone screening, the team mentioned wanting to move quickly (decision within two weeks). I followed up after two weeks since I didn't hear anything and was told there were no decisions made with the position yet. That was nearly two months ago and I haven't heard anything since (not even a note that they were pursuing other candidates). Pretty poor lack of communication.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. General skill set and experience questions on the initial screening call.   Answer Question

North America Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Very thorough interview process -- three rounds with internal recruiter, HR and management team. Everyone seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard and related to my specific background/capabilities. No oddball questions.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

My first contact with Goodyear came at a career fair at my school. I talked to the recruiters and was offered an interview for the next day. By that Friday I found out I was invited to the headquarters in Akron for a second round interview that was scheduled to occur the next week. When I got there I had four interview each of them scheduled to last 30 minutes. It was very relaxed. I went in expecting a lot of technical questions, but I wasn't asked any. Two of the interviewers asked behavioral questions and the other two asked me questions based off my past experiences. (Haven't heard back yet, its been 3 days)