Goodyear Interview Questions in Akron, OH

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.3

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I met with HR, department manager, HR manager, and regional manager. I had three meetings in person and two over Skype. Did a brief skills assessment on excel simulation.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview, a personality test and a long in-person interview in Akron. The people doing the interviews seemed distracted and acted like they did not want to be there. They did not have good things to say about the direction of the company or the people. All of the people gave me great feedback and said I would get the job yet they did not even take me to the next step. They also ask you to do a case study which is childish and not needed at this level.

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Goodyear uses for their positions. After e-mail communication he and I had a phone conversation. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name three questions you would ask if you were going to design a user access provisioning system?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then received a call within a few days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour. Asked the standard questions. Nothing difficult or out of the norm.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me early in the year and asked me to apply online. Did so and received a rejection email a week later. Recruiter contacted me again a month ago, asked me to apply online, again, for the same position. Did so and was called for a phone interview. Apparently did well enough on the phone interview to warrant an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 different people, one from HR, three from the department. Received rejection email on the Saturday after the interview (work-life balance, anyone?).

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or technical. All "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Professional - Corp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

Applied online (make sure to copy your answers to a word document - the form is wonky and my answers kept disappearing). After about two weeks, I was scheduled through recruiting company for a 30 min. phone interview. On the phone screening, the team mentioned wanting to move quickly (decision within two weeks). I followed up after two weeks since I didn't hear anything and was told there were no decisions made with the position yet. That was nearly two months ago and I haven't heard anything since (not even a note that they were pursuing other candidates). Pretty poor lack of communication.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. General skill set and experience questions on the initial screening call.   Answer Question

North America Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Very thorough interview process -- three rounds with internal recruiter, HR and management team. Everyone seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard and related to my specific background/capabilities. No oddball questions.   Answer Question

Finance and Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

My first contact with Goodyear came at a career fair at my school. I talked to the recruiters and was offered an interview for the next day. By that Friday I found out I was invited to the headquarters in Akron for a second round interview that was scheduled to occur the next week. When I got there I had four interview each of them scheduled to last 30 minutes. It was very relaxed. I went in expecting a lot of technical questions, but I wasn't asked any. Two of the interviewers asked behavioral questions and the other two asked me questions based off my past experiences. (Haven't heard back yet, its been 3 days)

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process is a very extensive one, as one would expect from a company as large as Goodyear. I had four rather extensive interviews with both attorneys for whom the job was assigned. Two interviews were conducted by both attorneys at the same time and each attorney interviewed me again separately. Once those were completed, I then interviewed with the head of the department. It is a very thorough and professional interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was how my former employer would describe my best trait and my worst. Its tough to answer without sounding either overly confident or not worthy of the job.   Answer Question

Innovation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and the first hurdle is passing through their recruitment agency, The RightThing. In my case, the outside firm declined me but an actual Goodyear HR recruiter contacted me on LInkedIn and got me back into the process. I do not know how to "pass" the screen test from their outside agency, but from reading here and elsewhere it seems to be almost luck. They are not very good at their job nor do they understand the positions. There was a phone interview followed by an online video interview with the hiring manager. Very good interview and meaningful questions related to the job. Nothing too surprising. I was invited to a final onsite interview. This was a 3 - 4 hour process and included a lunch interview. My first interviewer was an HR representative. This person was very nice, but perpetuated the stereotype of a worthless HR recruiter. Stock meaningless questions that seemed to come from a negative point of view, e.g. tell me about a weakness (then another one), a time you failed, a struggle, etc. They wanted all of my salary history, but in turn would not volunteer any compensation information. In fact, all of the interviewers followed some sort of corporate guide in asking questions. I then spoke with two potential colleagues. Nice people, corporate questions. This was followed by a one-on-one with another individual and finally a one-on-one with the hiring manager. This included an interview over lunch. His questions deviated from the stock corporate framework and were more insightful and related to the position. My final interview was with a senior VP executive. Nice guy, good questions and nothing too odd. I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks, at the end of which I reached out to corporate and their agency. Did not hear back for several more weeks and eventually found out they passed on me. More on that later. The Good: Everybody was very nice and personable. They seemed to be genuinely good people. The Bad: Terrible HR competency, both internal to Goodyear and external agency. A search for cliche and pointless interview questions would give a good idea of their HR interview approach. Take HR out of the equation, and it would have been better. Nice people, just terrible systems. The Ugly: Unprofessional incompetence. While I was very disappointed in not receiving an offer, I'm a grown adult and am OK with a rejection. What upset me was the lack of communication. I interviewed for a mid-senior level position. I was expecting a phone call, which I did not get. At the minimum I would have expected an email. I did not even get that. I received zero communication from them regarding my status. No phone call, no personalized email, no generic thanks-but-no-thanks email. I found out by logging into my online candidate account online. An absolutely terrible experience. I will no longer ever purchase a product from Goodyear based on their blatant unprofessional lack of communicating their decision. Sort of ironic in that part of the position dealt with the customer experience.