Goodyear Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2014

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Development Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview was 45 minutes long. Basic Behavioral Questions. Had an online webcam interview with 3 people. The interview was very mundane, nothing too exciting. I wish they didn't have a webcam interview as it is very awkward and uncomfortable, especially since you can always see yourself during the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Goodyear

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hebron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2014.

This was a great site with info for my interview, so I should share.
    Applied online (1.5hrs) via a link from college.
    3.5hrs later I got an email to take a proctored online test (1.5hrs).
    Took test on Friday morning, got a call first thing Monday, scheduled a 3person phone interview for that afternoon.
    Phone interview: LOTS of behavioral questions, plus the 2minute sell-yourself speech. (Both of which I failed as bad as the test I took) BE PREPARED, know your resume and be ready to explain it to them in detail without being asked any side questions!
    Amazingly, for failling everything so far I was invited to s 5hr "meet&greet" the following monday.
    Meet & Greet:
    there we 6 applicants, but only 4 showed up. DO NOT Wear a suit jacket, it would be overkill. I was the only person with a tie besides a GY engineer. Be ready for a full on psych observation from 16-20 people. 1/4 HR, 1/4 GY Senior Engineers, 1/4 Team you will be working with, 1/4 unknown.
    2 45minute interviews, both just me with an HR and with GY top Engineer, so a 2on1.
    The rest of the time was non-stop questions. BE SO READY FOR MANY BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!!!!! Bring a pen & pad.
    I also failed this horribly. Never been asked so many behavioral questions in my life combined!

Great people! Would have been a great job in Hebron Ohio at the new R&D plant.
    The pay was never given.

Interview Questions
    • To many to think! Be ready for non-stop "tell us about a time when...." If you stall they note, it's hard.   View Answer

Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in September 2013.

I was contact through a third party hiring firm based on my Monster.com Resume. After a couple weeks and a Webex Interview, I was given an onsite interview in Akron. The company flew me out for a full day interview which included 2 one on ones, some team building exercises. Also included was a plant walkthrough to see the process of tires actually being created. Definitely my favorite interview that I've had thus far.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important things when designing a low resistance tire.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in October 2010.

Long and Arduous. Goodyear has a third party HR firm weed out the initial wave of applicants. They are a bugger to get past. They use a high level leadership driven interview process developed by another third party to determine your leadership attributes by the way you answer situational questions on the phone. After which you must submit to an online application and then a personality exam. All of this and you still know nothing of the position other than the posted job description. Next was a day full of interviews. I had two with two interviewers each and one 1:1 with their boss. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a tire to be used on the moon?   View Answers (2)
    • What automotive industry trends would you expect to impact goodyears product line?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. When most companies could not budge on price, but would add vacation time, Goodyear would not budge on either, but the salary offered was strong. Vacation is an across the board policy, all newbies are equal. Some of the older employees have 5 or 6 weeks vacation, but according to my paperwork I will only be eligible for 4 at a maximum 15 years from start date. I'll get 3 weeks after 5 years.
    I covet vacation, and am very disappointed in Goodyear's offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in March 2010.

It was mostly HR questions and other then that I was asked the questions about my specific working area and few situation how I would handle.

Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Goodyear in October 2010.

Resume screening leads to a behavioral telephone interview. Once the telephone interview is cleared they ask for a onsite interview. The telephone interview consists of all basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining a technical term to a non technical person.   Answer Question
    • Explain one of your projects which showcases your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!