Goodyear Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at a campus career fair, got an interview the next day. Interviewed with a process engineer and another long-time engineer. Both were very nice and personable, the interview didn't feel intimidating. They started by asking about my resume and experience and then moved to a more behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard behavioral questions: Tell us about a time when you solved a problem in a unique way, etc.   Answer Question

Had another offer, wasn't very attracted to Akron

Other Interview Reviews for Goodyear

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by a talent recruiter to fill out a candidate profile. Then was subject to GPA verification followed by a personality test. After the personality test an application was filled out followed by a phone interview. After the initial phone interview(could be skype interview) I was asked to attend an onsite interview. If you can get to this point you're a strong candidate. You have to shine here. The day started with a presentation from various chief engineers, followed by a plant tour, followed by lunch. Be as personable as possible. After lunch 2, hour long interviews will take place after which a group building exercise will take place. The interview questions can be quite difficult it would be beneficial to practice before hand. Good Luck

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate; the offer was very strong.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Best Interview Process. Applied online. Got an e mail after 2 days for Human Resources test online. Got a phone interview from recruiter after a month. after 2 weeks Got call for Hiring Manager. Attended the Personal interview after a month. Started the Day with my presentation. Rest of the day Interview with several managers, Engineers an HR Manager. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach your boss when you know he is very busy?   Answer Question
    • What Kind of Decisions are most difficult for you?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online through Goodyear Careers website. Got a mail asking me to schedule a phone interview. They called me up at the scheduled slot time. Mostly HR questions. Around 30 minutes interview with HR Manager

Interview Questions

• What types of people do you have trouble getting along with?   1 Answer
    • What book are you currently reading?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be confident. Know your fundamentals well. Brush up all your had learnt during your undergrad and grad studies.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

Overall a very basic interview. There were a few "star" type interview questions. The interviewer asked one question and told me to take "10 minutes to think about the answer" and we proceeded to sit in silence until he allowed me to answer - I was cut off when i tried to start early. The interviewer seemed very nervous and did not speak english well. Overall it gave me a poor impression of the company and I left the interview knowing I did not want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use teamwork to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goodyear in January 2012.

Interview

Scheduled phone interview online, went through my resume and ask a few HR question.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goodyear in April 2010.

Interview

Telephone Interview, online tests, then final face 2 face interview to get the job!

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goodyear in January 2010.

Interview

Initial online tests & phone interview followed by an Assessment center. Assessment center contained group work exercise, presentation and panel interview plus lot of info offered by HR. No hard technical questions, lot of questions about cultural fit and about the background. A chance to talk to some of the employees. Professional and pleasant interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero negotiation for Grads.